(shouting)

Full Bore - Full CircleelcriC lluF - eroB lluF

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Ivy »

Parama wrote: 6 years ago
Parama wrote: 6 years agoand oh god, a family united is. hell. just. aagh that one also took me forever.
yeah, not surprised. a one level video!
considering some of the comments on the previous video I'm just thankful he accomplished it at all!

also this new title feels... sad. Did we finally hit the character limit ):
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG(x26)

Post by Crow »

i blame grounder for vastly underestimating the game length
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG(x26)

Post by Grounder »

Parama wrote: 6 years ago i blame grounder for vastly underestimating the game length
I thought it was just the first area!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG(x26) PIG

Post by Sebby19 »

It was getting quit annoying... I mean, there were other words to use when hollering for a pig. Even repeating the first sentence (with a few variation), would have been acceptable.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago It was getting quit annoying... I mean, there were other words to use when hollering for a pig. Even repeating the first sentence (with a few variation), would have been acceptable.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... rlyLongGag
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

Congrats on superclearing the bhudevi world world.

Now onto the scrapyard. Myehehe. MwahaHAHAHAHAHAHAH. AHAHAHAHAHAHahahah. Heh.

It's. A thing.
Crow

Post by Crow »

yeah i'm almost positive you spent a lot of time doing impossible stuff :lol:
i don't recall 100% but to me that looks like a place with no feasible way to get to it & i don't remember anything being there so. unless you clear all other doors and are still missing something i say leave it
Grounder

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG(x26) PIG PIG

Post by Grounder »

le funni pickul man ecksdee
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So it's pretty well established that in an effort to create some intelligence boosting thing for people, scientists/whitecoats used boars as test subjects, and accidently gave them intelligence, who eventually made their own society.

So what's the explanation for these moles, the hedgehog, and that weasel in the library? I hope we get answers for that soon
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
heycallmeZe

Post by heycallmeZe »

Sebby19 wrote: So it's pretty well established that in an effort to create some intelligence boosting thing for people, scientists/whitecoats used boars as test subjects, and accidently gave them intelligence, who eventually made their own society.

So what's the explanation for these moles, the hedgehog, and that weasel in the library? I hope we get answers for that soon
Okay, that's what I don't understand. Why did they do the intel boost? I thought the original plan was uncorking INFINITE ENERGY. What does intel boost have to do with it?
The Moletown sign definitely indicates this is happening on Earth in some post-apocalyptic future, namely Marin County, California. That's the City Limits sign for Santa Rosa. Proof is here (note the elevation):
One day, an image will return
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

heycallmeZe wrote: 6 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: So it's pretty well established that in an effort to create some intelligence boosting thing for people, scientists/whitecoats used boars as test subjects, and accidently gave them intelligence, who eventually made their own society.

Okay, that's what I don't understand. Why did they do the intel boost? I thought the original plan was uncorking INFINITE ENERGY. What does intel boost have to do with it?
The Moletown sign definitely indicates this is happening on Earth in some post-apocalyptic future, namely Marin County, California. That's the City Limits sign for Santa Rosa. Proof is here (note the elevation):

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

The Whitecloaks were researching multiple projects. The emails talk about the Augmentation Project and Energy Project as distinct things, which I think would be pretty normal for a large research institute. Both projects just happened to relate to how the world got to the state that it is in by the start of the game.

As for the non-boar species, barring further information I would just assume they either used multiple species as test subjects, or afterwards the boars experimented on other animals using the Whitecoats research, or possibly some wild animals stumbled on some sort of augmentation drug left lying around the abandoned labs. Maybe there will be something more concrete on them, but I wouldn't mind if there isn't. I think part of the charm of the game's storytelling is that a lot of the specifics of the past are lost, and we just get little snippets here and there to try to piece together what might have happened.

The Bore/Boar mole is just talking about the pun in the title of the game.
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

kitikami wrote: 6 years ago The Bore/Boar mole is just talking about the pun in the title of the game.
Well, not really; they're talking about the titular mining company your boar is forced to work for, something far less requiring of seeing past the fourth wall.
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG(x26) PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

that second puzzle in bridging the gap is one of my favorites, it's one of them that looks like a complete disaster at first glance but everything comes together really smoothly & it's challenging without being frustrating

a lot of the scrapyard puzzles are kinda like that though, things aren't really plainly clear on first glance but when you experiment a little you can find solutions without too much frustration

that third puzzle is one of the hardest in the game though, i was stuck there for ages agh
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG(x26) PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

ahh, sewer level.

ahh, hell memories

honestly clearing out that room could be two videos on its own, it's massive & has some really tough puzzles
heycallmeZe

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG(x26) PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by heycallmeZe »

I can barely understand what's going on anymore. That said...
Okay, it's pretty much set in Santa Rosa. Or post-apocalyptic Santa Rosa. The highway sign in Sunday's video refers to California Route 12 and U.S. Route 101, which intersect just south of downtown Santa Rosa. Makes sense, given the devs come from that region.
One day, an image will return
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG(x26) PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

I think if raocow had someone on co-comm during this game, he'd be done by now, because the amount of times he solves a puzzle, then gets swallowed by his own doubt is almost comical.

Also, I'm gonna say that this game has impressed me way more than I ever expected it to. Between the puzzle aspects, the music, the visuals, and even the story and lore going on have all been stellar.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

raocow had solved how to get to that last door the first time, but somehow thought he blocked himself.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years agoraocow had solved how to get to that last door the first time, but somehow thought he blocked himself.
Taht's because he (over)thinks and does but doesn't really look. A pretty vital part to these puzzles. The fact he was like 1-2 very simple steps away from solving basically every other puzzle in the room on multiple occasions each only to restart them only made that one all the more infuriating to see to me.
Crow

Post by Crow »

when raocow thinks he knows the solution he always tries to do things exactly that way, even when what he thinks the solution is isn't the solution, that's basically the root of 90% of his problems
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG(x26) PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

i will be honest that's one of my least favorite rooms in the game because the puzzles just feel really jank
i don't even think they're, like, "harder"? they're just mostly timing-based and weird. your solutions were probably totally expected solutions, that room just doesn't behave like most of the game

you're going to have to confront your fear of sewers soon, raocow
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

I wonder if that was a facetious name or if those puzzles seemed genuinely harder than a lot of the rest for the devs. It's probably just a method of thinking / brains formatting / whatever thing if they did, but, well, this was one of the few episodes this deep in where I wasn't stumped on the puzzles until rao figured out 90% of them out already.

I guess a lot of 'em were based more around exploiting the Looney Tunes gravity of blocks, but they were also extremely self-contained and had very few moving parts so, like ... yeah, they seem very easy to wrap your mind around considering how much you've been dealing with those types of blocks since the beginning of the game.
Crow

Post by Crow »

i'm pretty sure the name is only as such because there's more of an execution factor than in most normal puzzles but yeah. sewer level has harder ones. the cheese block puzzle raocow stopped at is one of the ones i remember for being particularly tough, for sure
Sebby19

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG(x26) PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Sebby19 »

Hey raocow, do you ever work backwards when dealing with puzzles? Like, imagine what the end goal looks like, and then step by step, resolve how to get from that point?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG(x26) PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

i mean, that's exactly what he did with the cheese block puzzle :lol:
also whew 30 minutes on that one, huh? i know i had a lot of trouble there so i feel ya. i think that's the hardest one in sewer level though? i don't recall a lot of specific puzzles until i see them again though. i kinda remember the second one you did today but not nearly as strongly

and there's definitely progress being made, i'm going to have to rescind my prediction of 40ish vids now but it probably won't go past 45 so, i dunno really? the scrapyard is bigger and harder than all the areas before it (literally; 50 gems compared to other areas' 40 gems) but judging from the completion stats you're over halfway done with it now, so