(shouting)

I'm Only Happy When It Rains [no midpoint and raocoin runs]

an SMBX collaboration hack!
aterraformer

I'm Only Happy When It Rains [no midpoint and raocoin runs]

Post by aterraformer »

I performed a dragon coin, no midpoint, one fail-section of the Garbage-influenced stage by Mata Hari: Misery Down.

I'm Only Happy When It Rains

I plan to do my own levels and a choice few others when I finally reach them.
Last edited by aterraformer 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
aterraformer

Re: I'm Only Happy When It Rains

Post by aterraformer »

I also did DemoWare. No midpoint but more fail haha
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Not to blow my own trumpet but a few people have said how much they like Misery Down. I have a lot to say about it but I'd rather wait until raocow gets to it, so I can post it all in the main thread!

For me DemoWare has the most perfect marriage of level and music in the whole damn game.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Re: I'm Only Happy When It Rains [no midpoint and raocoin runs]

Post by Frozelar »

Oh man, those are two really neat levels you played there. I'd be interested in seeing more!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

dr_kraid wrote:Not to blow my own trumpet but a few people have said how much they like Misery Down. I have a lot to say about it but I'd rather wait until raocow gets to it, so I can post it all in the main thread!

For me DemoWare has the most perfect marriage of level and music in the whole damn game.
I like it so much because of the great music, and it fits so well with the aesthetic. If it weren't for the Gimmicks in Demo Dance Mix and Revolution, it could easily be the third best level (eclipsed slightly by Edge of the Universe, for the amount of work done on the boss)
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I finally did it.. Glazed Donut Dungeon with creator commentary

If you don't like my commentary, go here

Happy Easter!
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Hot Hot Angry Stars by Doctor Shemp with some hilarity ensuing!
kil3

Post by kil3 »

ASMBXT: Despawning is the Key To Victory
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

aterraformer wrote:Hot Hot Angry Stars by Doctor Shemp with some hilarity ensuing!
In that first run where you entered the final area without a shoe, did you have to quit the game to try again? Because I'd better patch that if that's the case.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I attempted a legit run of Hot Hot Angry Stars but Redigit's coding failed me once more. I honestly had a lot of fun with it and may try again sometime. Also includes bonus footage that I thought might be entertaining.

Next up will either be another Shemp level or something from World 8.

To Doctor Shemp: Yes
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I played Feenicks' Bronze Factory with a twist! Hope you guys enjoy the borderline speedrun nature of the run. This will be explored more in future videos going up this week (am I on vacation starting tomorrow). In fact, a level much later in the game was nearly perfected (by my own playing standards at least haha).
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I considered doing a music dub thing but it was already past the point I could do that and I didn't want to delete all sound. So here it is... Overboiled

and tomorrow we shall be flying!