(shouting)

Submit your FIXED level here

an SMBX collaboration hack!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: Submit your FIXED level here

Post by SAJewers »

sturgyman wrote:
SAJewers wrote:OK, I really haven't been fond of the Boss I did up for Final Fight, and had planned on changing it entirely. I finally sat down and did that, and I would like someone to test this to make sure there are no bugs, and that's it's not too easy or too hard. Could someone please look at this for me?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxFN3CE ... sp=sharing
I think it's a much greater improvement over the last boss, as it feels more like the original key boss and is fairly more difficult. Here's some stuff I'd change though:
-For some reason the boss music doesn't play for me, it probably has something to do with the events or the way the .mp3 file is spelled.
-The generator for the smaller keys seems a tad too long, especially when fighting a 'mother-brain' type boss which requires multiple hits. I'd shorten the spawn time by just a bit.
-Maybe place some power-ups before the boss just in case the player doesn't get there all powered up(?).
-Maybe add a bit of scenery in the room just to make it less empty-like (?)
-I don't know why, but I think the smaller keys should have two directional sprites while the key boss still has one, just to make it more humorous (?)
I really like it though, especially the music!
The music works for me, and there should be powerups in the area just before it. Not really wha I can do about the scenery without enclosing the area too much. I'll do that for the smaller keys.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

I made Beach Episode by Holy a tad easier. If we need to replace Shoe Zone, this level should be doable.

SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

sturgyman wrote:
SAJewers wrote:OK, I really haven't been fond of the Boss I did up for Final Fight, and had planned on changing it entirely. I finally sat down and did that, and I would like someone to test this to make sure there are no bugs, and that's it's not too easy or too hard. Could someone please look at this for me?

I think it's a much greater improvement over the last boss, as it feels more like the original key boss and is fairly more difficult. Here's some stuff I'd change though:
-For some reason the boss music doesn't play for me, it probably has something to do with the events or the way the .mp3 file is spelled.
-The generator for the smaller keys seems a tad too long, especially when fighting a 'mother-brain' type boss which requires multiple hits. I'd shorten the spawn time by just a bit.
-Maybe place some power-ups before the boss just in case the player doesn't get there all powered up(?).
-Maybe add a bit of scenery in the room just to make it less empty-like (?)
-I don't know why, but I think the smaller keys should have two directional sprites while the key boss still has one, just to make it more humorous (?)
I really like it though, especially the music!
OK, I made those changes you suggested. Should be the same link. If no problems found, I'll put this in the next update.

docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Fixed Timed Jumps on Moving Everything.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/490 ... ything.zip

Apparently the blue switch blocks automatically change the direction of all the conveyor belts in a level by default. So I have fixed the graphics to show this.

There are three levels between this level and raocow's last video, so a quick update would be nice.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

I'll do this tonight.

EDIT: OK, I lied, I'm gonna do it first thing tomorrow.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Slight Tweak of my Level
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzj8b2chccj9b ... enTewi.lvl

Spiny Generator at beginning re-added, but platform it lands on increased in size.
Spiny Generator added just after second Lakitu, platform size widened.

I think SAJewers might have had a point about the firebars, so I've left them in their smaller state, after playing through this a for a bit it still feels challenging and not as watered down as it was, so I'm satisfied.

Slightly sad that making a filter system for SMBX is nowhere near as easy as SMW, 2 screens for a relatively short level :/ Oh well.
adamwcz

Post by adamwcz »

Test Chamber M:

Added some new graphics!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bi8xlshovgr1 ... amberM.zip
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

I'll look at getting an update out tomorrow.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Haunted Sky Mansion (updated)

- fixed waterfall inconsistency
- removed some enemies to make it less 'spammy' and a bit easier
- general moving stuff around to make it a bit easer
- removed the carrying of the shell for the springboard thing
- got rid of the end of the stupid cloud that I thought I removed ages ago
- fixed the garden area so the P-switch regenerates, so you don't get trapped, as well as the secret exit which had the same issue
- moved the hint to the secret exit so you can actually see it now
(a coin near the waterfall leading to it)

I think that's it?

Pardon me, just fixing up a couple more things, will re-post the link when I'm done!
Last edited by GlitchedGhost 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

GlitchedGhost wrote:removed the carrying of the shell for the springboard
That part was actually pretty neat. There was a reset provided and the only way you could get stuck is if you jumped without it.

The things that I though needed to be done were only really taking out that first waterfall, that place where I got stuck in the getting fire boot room, the secret exit indication, and getting stuck near the end.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Hey there! Updated FPKF:
-Got rid of the puzzle room
-Moved mid-point
-Made secret exit even easier
-Added some password hints
-Other stuff

Download Here
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

aterraformer wrote:
GlitchedGhost wrote:removed the carrying of the shell for the springboard
That part was actually pretty neat. There was a reset provided and the only way you could get stuck is if you jumped without it.

The things that I though needed to be done were only really taking out that first waterfall, that place where I got stuck in the getting fire boot room, the secret exit indication, and getting stuck near the end.
I fixed the waterfall, and moved it as well as made it swimmable. I fixed both the secret exit and the regular exit just by making a P-switch generator. Maybe I'll add back in the shell part then?

Also, may I ask how you got stuck in the fire boot room? I'm not really seeing anything besides possibly throwing the boot into the hole, if that's what you're talking about?
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Enter the room, walk to the left of the pipe, and jump.
I don't really get it but okay
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Right here:
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

That's a terrible place to get stuck, jeez.

Haunted Sky Mansion (hopefully the last update)

- re-added the shell-carrying area by slightly popular request
- changed the box so now you don't get stuck in the lava shoe room
- changed the part where raocow got stuck in the video in the beginning before the door to the loop room (actually did it in the last update, forgot to mention it)
- added a generator to the boot in case you need another, just in case
He captured!
MrWeirdGuy

Post by MrWeirdGuy »

Gotta Go Quick
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9pndqu
Made that one part a little less confusing.
This is my signature because I am a boring individual. Yep.
adamwcz

Post by adamwcz »

Test Chamber M:

Fixed some water stuff

Changed the chains

Fixed a graphic

The .lvl file is the only thing that changed:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogzfv82q898mg ... amberM.lvl

And here is the .zip file just incase that is wanted instead:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bi8xlshovgr1 ... amberM.zip
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Tewi Eien Tewi update :
-Long and tedious filter system replaced with a smaller automatic one, do note the system CAN be circumvented slightly if the player really wishes it, but it will still disallow Yoshi, boot and higher powerups, the most you'll get out of taking control is an extra mushroom.

-Graphics added for Big Tewi
When inserting the level could you please put an Iris block barrier around the door? Requires to be Iris on entering the level.

Also at your own discretion, the Filter system tells the player not to touch the controller while it does its thing, but you could always put a message box next to the level saying to run to the right if things go wrong (Though I have just spent a fairly long time testing the automatic filter with every version of Luigi and with every mount... )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/box69gpqlul5q ... enTewi.rar

If you could add this in before raocow gets to it that would be great, unsure where my level is.. it was 7th according to the wiki, but I know that's changed now.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

New sub optimal. Does not patch ASMB's inherent layer problems.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fon36r3tgy0f30a
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Updated Switch Palace

Changes:
-Yellow: Lava Frog became Poison Mushrooms, Red Switch effects more noticeable, added a very small bit of a safety net for one of the more difficult jumps
-Green: Cleaned up area around switch, altered beginning to prevent a cheap shot upon the return trip, adjusted bottomless pit to make it not as hazardous, smoothed out beginning of the super-tight tunnel because let's be honest that was kind of bull
-Red: Lowered the thwomps' blocks a tad (debating about whether to keep it that way or not, since I don't like how it looks this way.)
-Blue: Added another platform so the highest statue's fireball can't hit you in the safe area (previously, you would be perfectly safe if you were standing or walking and it passed by, but if you jumped and landed where it was, you would get hit.)
-Boss: Lowered the final yellow switch layer on the Koopaling's side to make a shot fired there more manageable
And maybe some other things I forgot. Here's hoping I submitted this in time to save Froze from that unreasonable frog!
I don't really get it but okay
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I know this is a little late but that blind jump at the end of Overboiled has been really bugging me. I didn't even notice while playing it over again for my video so here. I redid two sections. One of them I didn't realize a regular run jump would get past it so I made it so the intended method is required and the other takes out the blind spin jump and replaces it with a slightly easier version of what I changed in the other section. Thanks and sorry raocow for not fixing this before!
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

aterraformer wrote:One of them I didn't realize a regular run jump would get past it so I made it so the intended method is required
Is that the sideways red piranha spinjump? You mentioned it was "your favourite part of the level" in your playthrough, so I was surprised to see raocow clear it without that in his playthrough.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: Is that the sideways red piranha spinjump? You mentioned it was "your favourite part of the level" in your playthrough, so I was surprised to see raocow clear it without that in his playthrough.
haha yes! I don't know the jump height apparently. He did the same thing with the second springboard in Glazed Donut whereas I spent like a solid 2 minutes wrangling a boo. It's too bad I couldn't pull off the original setup in a run with the entire stage behind me.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

here's an update to Revolution. To fix those few missing tiles of 'smoke'.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/490 ... lution.lvl
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.