(shouting)

Testing results/issues

an SMBX collaboration hack!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: Testing results/issues

Post by pholtos »

Ah that works. Two questions:
Does having that break the flow of the level?
Two... why an axe? XD
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Pholtos wrote:Ah that works. Two questions:
Does having that break the flow of the level?
Two... why an axe? XD
It was a lot easier, especially with filtering Yoshi. I'll make it invisible.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

This video is taking a long time to process...
Tunnel and Frozen Phony Key Factory
I'm aware sturgyman updated the level, but I didn't have the update at the time I made the video. So anything I mention that's already been fixed just ignore I guess.

Seriously though, how do you get the password?!
kil3

Post by kil3 »

Key factory is one of the hardest levels due to length and... hardth. You might just be able to pull off the entire game.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

kil3 wrote:Key factory is one of the hardest levels due to length and... hardth. You might just be able to pull off the entire game.
I did move the starting point though.... Hooray for being bad at videogames

That's good news to hear nonetheless though

Maybe after I finish the testing I will replay all the levels that I moved the starting point on legit or something, that would make me feel less bad
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

The password is much harder to get, as you really have no idea where it is.
Answer:
In the room right after the pistons, there'll be a set of spikes that are seen right after a blue guy that kicks a red shell at you. To the right of that, you'll see a lone spike sticking out from the right. Duck and then glitch underneath the spike (like mdpz) and then you'll come across a pipe. Enter the pipe, then WHAMMO.
I haven't watched the video yet, so yeah.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Timed Jumps On Moving Everything
Once I hit the blue block to access and leave the midpoint, all the conveyor belts change direction to the right, but the graphics don't change.

Also, the rotating yellow blocks keep killing me instantly. I don't know if you can do anything about that but it's becoming a real bother now, since I can't really fall to my death very easily or anything.
I don't really get it but okay
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Test Chamber M:
Does anyone else experience extreme lag from this level? And does anyone know how to fix it?It's making it literally impossible to get the last secret star in the level.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

sturgyman wrote:Test Chamber M:
Does anyone else experience extreme lag from this level? And does anyone know how to fix it?It's making it literally impossible to get the last secret star in the level.
Just made the video where I play it and I never lagged any more than I usually do. Well, I only got the first leek and got so close to the second one but then died and quit because it took me so freaking long to get there. But yeah from what I played I didn't lag.
kil3

Post by kil3 »

There's like a million layers and events in that level. I guess that's somehow causing you lag.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

cheez8 wrote:Timed Jumps On Moving Everything
Once I hit the blue block to access and leave the midpoint, all the conveyor belts change direction to the right, but the graphics don't change.

Also, the rotating yellow blocks keep killing me instantly. I don't know if you can do anything about that but it's becoming a real bother now, since I can't really fall to my death very easily or anything.
Yeah, I've known about those bugs for ages. I have no idea how to fix them though.

I don't know why the conveyor belts change direction, it doesn't make any sense to me since I didn't (as far as I know) make any event change their direction. The graphics don't change for them due to the fact that I didn't know how to add more frames to an animation when I was creating this level (it was my first) - so I made the conveyors invisible and overlayed a background with a slower animation on them.

As for the yellow blocks - yeah, not much I can do about that to be honest. It's more just to do with glitchy game mechanics.

Are you 100% sure it was the switch that changed the conveyors' direction? That would certainly help me in finding the problem.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

SAJewers wrote:It was a lot easier, especially with filtering Yoshi. I'll make it invisible.
All right. Still don't know if it'll break the flow or not, it doesn't take to long from what I had seen.

Will this be in before the next update I hope?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

docopoper wrote:Are you 100% sure it was the switch that changed the conveyors' direction? That would certainly help me in finding the problem.
I'm... 90% sure. One way or another, it doesn't seem to happen until I've either hit the switch at the top of the shaft and took the midpoint or respawned and hit the blue block to exit the midpoint pod. I can't imagine it's just because I took the midpoint though, so it's probably the switch.

Sorry for not checking to see if these have been brought up before!
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Pholtos wrote:
SAJewers wrote:It was a lot easier, especially with filtering Yoshi. I'll make it invisible.
All right. Still don't know if it'll break the flow or not, it doesn't take to long from what I had seen.

Will this be in before the next update I hope?
I'll give it a few days for docopopper to fix Timed Jumps if needed.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

I'll try to fix the level as soon as I can, but all my assignment for this semester are due this week. I'll do it if I find time.

I really wish I could fix those gears. :/ I find it interesting that so far I haven't been given a single bug report that I didn't know about in advance (unless you count people pressing up on the sign in Life Lift too much). I did way too much playtesting for my own levels, and they still ended up buggy since I made all of them technically advanced. :P
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

So this is the thread where we report glitches and so?
Cause I'm at the final level and the final boss need some fix.
First during the death animation of the key the two ennemies can still fire at you, especially the one that shoot the 000 magic so you can die when you defeated the boss and that's not nice.
Second that scrolling screen thing is weird and made me stuck in the ground.
whydoesitsaveinbmpandnotinpng.png
I can't jump, pressing jump does nothing, I can only press left and right and when I do this he move to the left/right at super fast speed (like when you're stuck on the ground in SMBX).
Why is there a screen animation in the first place? Seem unnecessary, the player can move by itself.

Also the boss is not very fun to fight but that's just my opinion.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

The screen animation was to fix other bugs with getting stuck. The firing thing I I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: OK, I've changed the screen animation slightly which should fix that issue, and he should stop firing sooner.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Ahh, I knew I was forgetting something! In raocow's library level, there's a gap in the floor in the midpoint room where you can fall and die. It's next to the right wall. This doesn't feel like it was meant to be there at all, especially with the coin block above it, so that should probably be sealed up.
kil3

Post by kil3 »

I remember that. thought it was just raocow being raocow
krawky398
Location: A room in a building in a state in a country on a planet in a universe

Post by krawky398 »

I guess if this is the right place to put it and it's not already known, World 1's pipe to the hub is broken.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I am aware of the one fake floor block in the librairy, I thought it was funny so I kept it in.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Hey SA I thought you were going to make the axe invisible. XD

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Pholtos wrote:Hey SA I thought you were going to make the axe invisible. XD
Looks like I forgot doing other things. :oops:
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

I've just looked at the tweaked Tewi Eien Tewi..
You removed a lot of stuff from the level, isn't this going to make it too easy? I don't think the slightly long firebars were too much of an obstacle (First one isn't too much of an issue, and the one on the slide is easy to avoid as long as you jump mid-way down), and moving the second DemoLakitu back and removing the 3 Spiny spawners... was that area particulary troublesome? It's panicky sure, but you have enough time before they start moving to jump.. perhaps just remove the one on the middle column?

Also the first Spiny spawner made to land on the Donut blocks, if I made it 3 Donut blocks wide rather than 2 to give more chance of avoiding, could we place that back?

I like the look of the filter system though, it's a shame that kind of thing couldn't be done in the overworld. (I was under the impression it would be for some reason hence my after-thought terrible filter)