(shouting)

DAWN OF THE FINAL WEEK

an SMBX collaboration hack!
shaman

DAWN OF THE FINAL WEEK

Post by shaman »

Hey guys. as you all probably know, the deadline for final level submissions is next week, 31st of january. However, obviously the game won't be instantly ready, so I have a few things I want to say and ask to get this done as soon as possible

1- Obviously, we need the HUB, but I don't know the progress on it so far, as it's responsability of Ignoritus and xutawoo. I do hope it's progressing well and it will be done at around a week after the deadline

2- We still need some graphical replacements, such as a few power ups, yoshi hatching, among others. So, graphics people, step up on your business!

3- I'd like to know if we're using the changed cheat-codes that are displayed on the wiki, also other string replacements. This needs to be hardcored and the dev kit must be reuploaded with the "final version" of those strings, preferably before the deadline is met

4- We still have a few open level spots, 9 if I'm not mistaken, but considering we have a lot of submitted levels that weren't "re-submitted" as finished because the authors bailed, we can get those and fill the spots

Is there something else I missed? feel free to say anything we have to discuss now that we're closing in this crazy project, give suggestions, whatever. Just let make this happen!
is this videogames?
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: DAWN OF THE FINAL WEEK

Post by pholtos »

Well obviously we'll need a deadline after the deadline for beta-testing I think. Of course that's later.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
shaman

Post by shaman »

Pholtos wrote:Well obviously we'll need a deadline after the deadline for beta-testing I think. Of course that's later.
that will come as soon we finish to "build" everything, from graphics to hub. then the game will be at basically "pre-release", and we'll put it up for downloading here. that's where the real test begins, people play it and report bugs/etc

then we fix everything for the final version
is this videogames?
adamwcz

Post by adamwcz »

I should have my level finished on the 27th!
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

shaman wrote:4- We still have a few open level spots, 9 if I'm not mistaken, but considering we have a lot of submitted levels that weren't "re-submitted" as finished because the authors bailed, we can get those and fill the spots
As the level limit has been raised in the past, I think we should just look for levels that were finished before the official 'finished' status was introduced. If this doesn't fill it up, we should leave it as is I would say.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

LukaRamu wrote:
shaman wrote:4- We still have a few open level spots, 9 if I'm not mistaken, but considering we have a lot of submitted levels that weren't "re-submitted" as finished because the authors bailed, we can get those and fill the spots
As the level limit has been raised in the past, I think we should just look for levels that were finished before the official 'finished' status was introduced. If this doesn't fill it up, we should leave it as is I would say.
Well, first off, we should see if we can get people with unfinished levels to claim one of those spots, then see how many are spots are left.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
shaman

Post by shaman »

SAJewers wrote:
LukaRamu wrote:
Well, first off, we should see if we can get people with unfinished levels to claim one of those spots, then see how many are spots are left.
yeah, that's exactly the plan
is this videogames?
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

adamwcz wrote:I should have my level finished on the 27th!
Just make sure you stick with us through the process.

I recently had an idea formulate in my head for another level. Might have level ready this weekend that's late game, or post game if I get carried away.
adamwcz

Post by adamwcz »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote: Just make sure you stick with us through the process.
After 15-20 hours of work and hitting the SMBX engine Events cap a few times, it is complete!

I'll be checking the forum every other day or so, is that what you mean by sticking by?
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

adamwcz wrote:
Septentrion Pleiades wrote: Just make sure you stick with us through the process.
After 15-20 hours of work and hitting the SMBX engine Events cap a few times, it is complete!

I'll be checking the forum every other day or so, is that what you mean by sticking by?
Psst.... this goes in the level post thread not here.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P