(shouting)

Credits avatar and comments

an SMBX collaboration hack!
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Re: Credits avatar and comments

Post by darkychao »

added NPC used into the avatars wiki page

also shaman, you need to redo your avatar with something with a dynamic GIF palate i.e. not MSpaint
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
shaman

Post by shaman »

darkychao wrote:added NPC used into the avatars wiki page

also shaman, you need to redo your avatar with something with a dynamic GIF palate i.e. not MSpaint
why's that? it worked fine here. I didn't use mspaint to make it, I did on photoshop, saved as indexed gif as everything I ever used on SMBX. if my avatar is broken, anything I did for other levels is probably broken as well (which does not seem to be the case)
is this videogames?
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

shaman666 wrote:

why's that? it worked fine here. I didn't use mspaint to make it, I did on photoshop, saved as indexed gif as everything I ever used on SMBX. if my avatar is broken, anything I did for other levels is probably broken as well (which does not seem to be the case)
no it works fine, it's just... really dithered.
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Cadwyn

Post by Cadwyn »

Put together my avatar: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98897370/cadwyn-avatar.zip
npc-xxx.gif
npc-xxx.gif (2.38 KiB) Viewed 5736 times
Text:
I learned a lot working on this game, and also helped with lots of the graphics, like fixing up Demo and adding Kood. I hope you enjoyed the game!
shaman

Post by shaman »

darkychao wrote:
shaman666 wrote:

no it works fine, it's just... really dithered.
well, I have no idea on how to make it look better, since it's actually a resize of a much smaller sprite from my game "I wanna be the tribute"
is this videogames?
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I have no idea what a dynamic gif palate is, but I think it looks fine.
If it is too pixelated, you could just make it smaller again, I see no reason not to
shaman

Post by shaman »

it was REALLY small, no way to use the "original", so I'm sticking to this one

also I asked raocow to change my username to only "shaman", the 666 was just a remnant of my teenage years, and I'm not really fond of that haha

also, just a suggestion, how about we use our real names on the credits? or do you guys prefers anonymity? maybe like <first name> "<talkhaus username>" <last name>
is this videogames?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I personally think it's best to keep to our internet names, but I'll comply if the majority disagree.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

could make it half the size, would still be pretty big actually

I just noticed I don't know a single talkhauser's real name.
But I guess some people would probably like being credited like that, well, everyone can submit their credits name as whatever they want, after all.
So make it an option, but not mandatory.
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

Paralars wrote:I have no idea what a dynamic gif palate is, but I think it looks fine.
If it is too pixelated, you could just make it smaller again, I see no reason not to
dynamic palate means that it changes to best suit the image in it

here is a better version
Attachments
shaman.zip
(4.81 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Last edited by darkychao 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Oh, you meant the coloured dots in the original one, I hardly noticed them :roll:
Anyway, that version is better (it's a png though)
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

Paralars wrote:Oh, you meant the coloured dots in the original one, I hardly noticed them :roll:
Anyway, that version is better (it's a png though)
whoops, fixed it.
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

I acclimated all of the stuff for the avatars and assigned all the current NPCs values and took a little picture
avitest.png
avitest.png (133.65 KiB) Viewed 5671 times
I also have everyone's monologues under npc-xxxm.txt aswell as a who's who.
Attachments
(225.47 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Wow, I'm huge!
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Wow, you went ahead and inserted my avatar for me? You could have literally just used the in-game sprite, but nice.
Also, 8flight's "avatar" looks rather funny.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Love is a word. What matters is the connection the word implies. Changed in a later comment.
Placement instructions:
The pokey should be seven parts high, with only the top one having the comment. The entire pokey should be friendly though. (the hight is important because it's a really obscure reference)
Last edited by docopoper 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I think we should try to get everyone who contributed even, even if we have to send out PMs. We should maybe even have a deflaut NPC(I like the top hat rabbit) for the rest of talkhaus, if that's okay with shaman.

Also, I figured out the reason for my appearant avatar size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNbF006Y5x4

Could we incorporate this in as a joke possibly?
Cadwyn

Post by Cadwyn »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I think we should try to get everyone who contributed even, even if we have to send out PMs. We should maybe even have a deflaut NPC(I like the top hat rabbit) for the rest of talkhaus, if that's okay with shaman.

Set the foreground flag to 1 to enhance the effect even more.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I think we should try to get everyone who contributed even, even if we have to send out PMs. We should maybe even have a deflaut NPC(I like the top hat rabbit) for the rest of talkhaus, if that's okay with shaman.
it would be easier to add all the names to a single entity, maybe a sign, since there will be no message
or maybe adding a separate room for the "hall of those who didn't credit themselves" with your suggestion
is this videogames?
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Is the credits level just going to be a room full of NPCs, or will it be a level.

I'm personally in favour of making it a simple plains level (that you could actually die in) with the credits NPCs strewn throughout the level.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
shaman

Post by shaman »

docopoper wrote:Is the credits level just going to be a room full of NPCs, or will it be a level.

I'm personally in favour of making it a simple plains level (that you could actually die in) with the credits NPCs strewn throughout the level.
a "level" like the hub. it will have some platforming, but nothing really dangerous
is this videogames?
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

http://buttersafe.com/2007/07/26/depth-perception/

If there is a level where the npcs are somewhat spread about, this could be a hilarious gimmick.
Just have to think of a good way to make it more apparent how far in the fore/background everything is.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I think rao requested his be in some kind of out of place box? Let's see...
raocow wrote:Use the avatar I use on tumblr! Is this easy to convert? Like, just.. like that, a square with a picture on it, looking really off and out of place.
If I'm reading this right.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

Pholtos wrote:I think rao requested his be in some kind of out of place box? Let's see...
raocow wrote:Use the avatar I use on tumblr! Is this easy to convert? Like, just.. like that, a square with a picture on it, looking really off and out of place.
If I'm reading this right.
i was thinking of using the upper half of his player sprite but, hey it's his choice
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

It's already looking pretty out of place as it is. (The big machine thing? Isn't that it?)