(shouting)

Credits avatar and comments

an SMBX collaboration hack!
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Credits avatar and comments

Post by docopoper »

Please submit your avatar for the credits room along with its comment in this topic.

There aren't any size restrictions on the avatar, however - please bear in mind the size of most NPCs (Luigi is 28 x 62). As your sprite will replace the graphic of another NPC, the avatar must be in gif format and may be animated in the same manner as other NPCs.

If know how to edit NPCs - please supply the necessary txt file for the NPC's implementation. If you don't know how - me or somebody else will do it for you, it doesn't take that long.

As for the comment - there are again no restrictions, but don't overdo it - people don't really want to read a wall of text. When posting, please state where in the comment you would like to move on to the next message box, again - only if you need to.

If you have an avatar to submit now, the deadline for this isn't strict, I recommend just posting it and hoping it gets included.
Last edited by docopoper 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: Credits avatar and comments

Post by pholtos »

I am not good at making anything like gifs, but if I made one, it would be a triforce. Because, well, that's the symbol I use.

Edit: Something like this: http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii27 ... iforce.gif
but more like this: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdi9jim9871ra44xr.gif

As for a message... Hmm...
It was nice to be able to join one of these collab type things. It was fun helping people fix up their levels... and find hilarious glitches in the process. Hope you had fun with my levels!
Last edited by pholtos 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
shaman

Post by shaman »

Here it is!

http://www.mediafire.com/?baqp11ak2vj9nf3

Oi! I kinda came out of nowhere and suddenly I was coordinating everything, so I really hope I did a good job on that. It's been a blast to work on this project, and I look forward to the next. See you in A2MBXT!
is this videogames?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

woooooo.jpg
woooooo.jpg (27.05 KiB) Viewed 9280 times
Use the avatar I use on tumblr! Is this easy to convert? Like, just.. like that, a square with a picture on it, looking really off and out of place.
fart
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

This might need some tweaking with the code, as I didn't actually get a chance to test it, but it should be gravy. Not bad for like twenty minutes of no planning, I have to say.

I'll think of a comment tomorrow perhaps, for now I shall sleep.

Comment!
Y'know, I'm a weaponsmith by trade. I never thought that would include groundskeeping and carpentry, but apparently blacksmiths are jacks of all trade nowadays. Who knew!
Last edited by XutaWoo 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Text:
This sure was a thing. Wanted to make more levels except procrastination met face with excessive force! BTW, did you find the easter egg in my level?!?!??!!
:Sprite.zip:
Here's a preview of it for the curious.
I removed the background for the in-game sprite because it makes sense, but now I feel like having it there animated... hmm.... would that be too obnoxious? Scratch that, tested it and didn't really like it.

Currently replaces Ludwig but with the txt should work as literary any NPC.

Edit: Text changed to reflect I can't realistically get multiple levels in at this rate.
Last edited by Duker 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

http://www.file-upload.net/download-695 ... r.rar.html
Do you know what day it is? Wherever I go, the sky looks different.
Warning
Sprites give me this error when i try to implement them.
Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch
If someone knows how to fix that, it would be nice.

Edit: Removing spaces did not work. Also when trying to open levels with these sprites, it corrupts the level files or something. They won't open afterwards even when the sprites are removed from the level folder.

Edit: It was a problem with the text file. Everything should work now.
Last edited by Willhart 11 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Willhart wrote:http://www.file-upload.net/download-695 ... r.rar.html
The problem is your friend.
Warning
Sprites give me this error when i try to implement them.
Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch
If someone knows how to fix that, it would be nice.
I'd guess you're not allowed the space between '=' and the number, too lazy to test right now.
fart.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.

Post by docopoper »

It works fine for me. Maybe it's the blank line on the end though - or something.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Do we actually have to do anything to be put in the credits? I think it will be cool to have as many people as possible. We could have a room for the A2MT peeps, the gazebo Peeps, And the general commentator peeps.
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

It would seem a bit weird to credit people that didn't contribute when we aren't giving any of the indirect resource developers a spot in the credits room (they only get a credits list).
Last edited by docopoper 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

docopoper wrote:It would seem a bit weird to credit people that didn't contribute when we aren't giving many of the indirect resource developers a spot in the credits room (they only get a credits list).
Maybe it wouldn't be a credit thing, but a genral talkhaus level might be nice.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

With the way the huborld is being planned, maybe we can throw random people who didn't work on the game in the hubworld.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

Yeah, sure - Maybe they could be scattered all over the place. I guess they could be included as hub world Easter eggs. So you could find them by walking through random walls, and other such nonsense.

Cadwyn

Post by Cadwyn »

docopoper wrote:Yeah, sure - Maybe they could be scattered all over the place. I guess they could be included as hub world Easter eggs. So you could find them by walking through random walls, and other such nonsense.
I like this idea.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

docopoper wrote:Yeah, sure - Maybe they could be scattered all over the place. I guess they could be included as hub world Easter eggs. So you could find them by walking through random walls, and other such nonsense.
I imagined it as a final farewell before Demo goes of to the end game to save the world. It will be emotional and stuff.
Chari Tsuki
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Chari Tsuki »

I didn't do anything for this project at all so I like the idea of a part on the hubworld where you find random people.
ASMBXT Download (For those who would like to re-live the good old days!): http://www.mediafire.com/download/h1d39idk4gdf3wi
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:
I imagined it as a final farewell before Demo goes of to the end game to save the world. It will be emotional and stuff.
We can just do both. But bear in mind that the game has no plot.

Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Well if we are going to have this talkhaus npc thing be different than the Credit thing, It should have it's own thread. If I'm not wrong, shaman666 has the power to edit the proper thread made up of the post in this thread relating to it.

If we are really ambitious about it, Limepie could even make it a global sticky. Very few posts in this thread have even been avatars and such. Speaking of which:

I made a me.
septentrion NPC.png
septentrion NPC.png (33.99 KiB) Viewed 9122 times
I think I might want to have a crack at my own room/level. I suggest Walfas to everyone who doesn't know what to do.

http://www.walfas.org/flash/create.swf
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Here's my avater: http://sdrv.ms/VTvdzv Taken from a Spritesheet from an old spritecomic (River City High). Text:
"I honestly only expected to create one level in this and call it quits. A few ideas later, and my name is plastered all over this thing. Hope you enjoyed watching or playing my levels as much as I enjoyed making them. Peace out <>."
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
shaman

Post by shaman »

just to be clear here: only people who worked directly on the game will have a sprite/text on the credit level
outsourced credits will be in a separate room on the same level, with only a few signs with the names and nothing else

as for other talkhaus members easter-eggs, they'll be there only if a level creator decides to put them there. otherwise suddenly everyone will want to appear in the game and will post a sprite, and then we have a mess of "easter eggs"
is this videogames?
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

shaman666 wrote:just to be clear here: only people who worked directly on the game will have a sprite/text on the credit level
outsourced credits will be in a separate room on the same level, with only a few signs with the names and nothing else

as for other talkhaus members easter-eggs, they'll be there only if a level creator decides to put them there. otherwise suddenly everyone will want to appear in the game and will post a sprite, and then we have a mess of "easter eggs"
That was quite unilateral. My Idea was originally just dedicate a level to the masses. It would be an adventure of its own, in its own way. It would be everyone's chance to wish the player good luck before the final world. Just a hallway of NPCs wouldn't be too hard to pull off, would it? Heck, I could even try it myself.

I can see why Easter eggs would be a mess, and I think a single level would have a bit more story-like impact.

Speaking of NPC avatar, maybe we should have an annoying tutorial guy.
Chari Tsuki
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Chari Tsuki »

I love annoying tutorial people especially when the message just pops up on screen!
ASMBXT Download (For those who would like to re-live the good old days!): http://www.mediafire.com/download/h1d39idk4gdf3wi
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

shaman666 wrote:just to be clear here: only people who worked directly on the game will have a sprite/text on the credit level

Wait... where does this put me?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P