(shouting)

Credits avatar and comments

an SMBX collaboration hack!
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Re: Credits avatar and comments

Post by lukaramu »

Finally putting my avatar up. Could someone 'convert' it so it works with the game? The size is intended to be that big.
LukaRamu-avatar.png
LukaRamu-avatar.png (46.34 KiB) Viewed 7949 times
Text (an all-time favorite of mine):
The world is full of unfortunate flavors of pudding.
~raocow 2012
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Speaking of big, I feel no reason to have a larger avatar the the player character if it isn't going to have some sort of point.
lukaramu
not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Speaking of big, I feel no reason to have a larger avatar the the player character if it isn't going to have some sort of point.
Yeah, like raocow's machine is understandable, and mine should represent some sort of jolly monster in the background (btw, would it be possible to actually put it in the background without it occuring twice and just make an event that says the text???), but like Trotim, Willhart and so on... they really are too big.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

LukaRamu wrote:
Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Speaking of big, I feel no reason to have a larger avatar the the player character if it isn't going to have some sort of point.
Yeah, like raocow's machine is understandable, and mine should represent some sort of jolly monster in the background (btw, would it be possible to actually put it in the background without it occuring twice and just make an event that says the text???), but like Trotim, Willhart and so on... they really are too big.
Willhart's isn't really that big. I put like almost 2 hours of work into Trotim's, they, just look bigger because their proximity to other people, acctually, mine takes up a lot more space than either of those, they're going to be a lot more spaced out in the final version. I'm just jamming them onto one screen to get the preview.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Trotim

Post by Trotim »

Well yeah, my sprite was made for a different game and it's impossible to resize without making it look terrible.

I don't think this is the kind of collab where details like that matter though??
lukaramu
not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

Trotim wrote:Well yeah, my sprite was made for a different game and it's impossible to resize without making it look terrible.

I don't think this is the kind of collab where details like that matter though??
Exactly, it doesn't really matter.
That's why we are working faster than A2MT, although we might get to that point later :P
Octagon
zentraidon
Pronouns: she

Post by Octagon »

I decided to use my old avatar... due to the atrocious cropping, it may look kinda off, but the other avatars are relatively clashing as well, and it's better than nothing, I guess!?
Image WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Octagon wrote:Image
I decided to use my old avatar... due to the atrocious cropping, it may look kinda off, but the other avatars are relatively clashing as well, and it's better than nothing, I guess!?
um... what do you want the avatar to say?
starting to get crowded.png
starting to get crowded.png (157.77 KiB) Viewed 7826 times
made some more avatars and a preview
Attachments
(521.92 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Oh god, that jet is hilariously enormous.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

sturgyman wrote:
i couldn't even fit LukaRamu's anywhere
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

darkychao wrote:
sturgyman wrote:
i couldn't even fit LukaRamu's anywhere
That's even more hilarious.
Maybe I should decrease the size by just a tad maybe?
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Wouldn't it make more sense to make everything else even bigger?
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Paralars wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to make everything else even bigger?
Scaling up the smaller avatars would cause pixellation, especially in the ones that are done in sprite style, unless Darkychao was prepared to redraw them all, which seems too much too ask.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

My avatar is so out of place. :P

So, I think I might change what it says to be even more out of place:
Message 1:
If everything you know is based on what your brain is telling you, is all of reality within your brain?

Message 2:
If your entire life was a figment of your imagination, how would you ever know?

Message 3:
So... Do you have any proof that I exist?

Message 4:
It doesn't matter. Just be happy, it's a good use of your time.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Octagon
zentraidon
Pronouns: she

Post by Octagon »

Octagon wrote:Image
I'm Obscurity. I'm still alive. The explorer thing was just a false rumour spread so they won't use me as a boss... you seem okay, Demo, and I didn't want you to kill me.
You could say that I'm living in obscurity now... heheheh.
I kinda miss that cave though.

Someone claiming to be the creator of my den asked me to leave the following message:
"I hope my level was fun to play.
I planned about half of the obstacles/gimmicks beforehand, and the other half were things I randomly encountered by experimentally combining objects as I pleased... it's pretty amazing how much fiddly interaction between objects you can come across while just kinda making things up as you go.
The presentation and pacing are a little janky, I think, but I'm pretty happy with the finetuning of the individual challenges. It may be kind of similar to the calculator levels I made before, in that regard..."
Image WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

Text:
Optimists have more fun. Maybe things are going to turn out okay — in which case the pessimists are killing themselves and being miserable for no good reason at all. Even if everything is going to turn out terribly, the optimists are having more fun before the final tragedy comes…whereas the pessimists are living in misery all the time.
— Robert Anton Wilson

(Hey guys, I made a few levels and some other things in this game. It was pretty fun! Hope there's more to come sometime! If you liked my levels, check out http://transoxania.tumblr.com
Last edited by Kashkabald 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Since I'm still huge, is it safe to assume that the perspective joke is going to be part of the level?
adamwcz

Post by adamwcz »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t12w10rq5hvzl ... pc-289.zip

I hope it wasn't too late!
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Not sure if I'm too late, but might as well try. ^^ I'm sure it'll look silly and probably the smallest thing there.

Message 1 :This was the first sprite I ever made, pretty great huh? ^^ I look forward to improving and maybe making more than one level for the next game. And now for the obligatory raocow quote...
Message 2 : "Wow this is skittle central, makes a nuance with dungeon mccain company" Indeed raocow, indeed.
Attachments
XirixAvatar.png
XirixAvatar.png (549 Bytes) Viewed 7633 times
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

Xirix wrote:Not sure if I'm too late, but might as well try. ^^ I'm sure it'll look silly and probably the smallest thing there.

Message 1 :This was the first sprite I ever made, pretty great huh? ^^ I look forward to improving and maybe making more than one level for the next game. And now for the obligatory raocow quote...
Message 2 : "Wow this is skittle central, makes a nuance with dungeon mccain company" Indeed raocow, indeed.
Don't worry, nothing's late. I really hope people are not just not bothering because that they thought some deadline has passed, it's really kind of important that we get as many people's avatars as possible.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Yeah guys, if you haven't posted your avatar and message yet, please do so. We're nearing completion but this will be one of the last things we finish
is this videogames?
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

also, that reminds me does anyone want to help me actually design the level? I'm not the greatest at that kind of stuff...
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

I mostly avoided posting anything here because I felt that since all I did was make one level, I didn't really "earn" my way into the avatar room, for lack of a better term. If you really want a message and all that even from people like me who barely did anything, I'll comply, but there are already so many avatars that I wonder if it's really a good idea.
I don't really get it but okay
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

cheez8 wrote:I mostly avoided posting anything here because I felt that since all I did was make one level, I didn't really "earn" my way into the avatar room, for lack of a better term. If you really want a message and all that even from people like me who barely did anything, I'll comply, but there are already so many avatars that I wonder if it's really a good idea.
Of course you should put something in there.
darkychao wrote:also, that reminds me does anyone want to help me actually design the level? I'm not the greatest at that kind of stuff...
If no one else puts their name forward, I could try and whip something up.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

I have the time to make a credits level, that is if SAjewers wants to do it or not.

BTW, does the credit level end in a star, a warp to the actual credits, or a final final boss like in STTB 2?
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER