(shouting)

Credits avatar and comments

an SMBX collaboration hack!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: Credits avatar and comments

Post by SAJewers »

sturgyman wrote:I have the time to make a credits level, that is if SAjewers wants to do it or not.

BTW, does the credit level end in a star, a warp to the actual credits, or a final final boss like in STTB 2?
My credits level ends in a warp, no star. My understanding is that the Avatars level is going be a full on level, so it should probably end in a star.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

SAJewers wrote:
sturgyman wrote:I have the time to make a credits level, that is if SAjewers wants to do it or not.

BTW, does the credit level end in a star, a warp to the actual credits, or a final final boss like in STTB 2?
My credits level ends in a warp, no star. My understanding is that the Avatars level is going be a full on level, so it should probably end in a star.
but don't make it too hard, it should be like early game difficulty, no one want's to die constantly in a credits level.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Is there a specific order that the Avatars should go in? Or can the order just be all dilly-dally?

Plus. I'm questioning what music should be used. Any suggestions?
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

If there is an order, you should probably 'end' with the project's major people, but as for the rest, do what makes sense with the avatars themselves.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

But who counts as a major person? I mean - I can obviously think of some people that seem like major contributors to me due to my amount of interaction with them, but a lot of people put a lot of work into different aspects of the game.

I don't think it should be ordered except maybe to have shaman at the end and raocow second last. Or something of that nature.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

we should probably just put avatars that look good together, so don't put fairly large ones with really small ones.
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

sturgyman wrote:Plus. I'm questioning what music should be used. Any suggestions?
It's being discussed in the Sounds & Music thread.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

"Even though I only submitted Parco di Potassio, I still have about five level files that I never finished. Don't take me for a Fool, though, I swear they were good ideas!"
Also, will our usernames appear in the text boxes? Just curious.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
shaman

Post by shaman »

Blivsey wrote:
"Even though I only submitted Parco di Potassio, I still have about five level files that I never finished. Don't take me for a Fool, though, I swear they were good ideas!"
Also, will our usernames appear in the text boxes? Just curious.
yes
is this videogames?
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

We still appear to be missing six avatars, most notably M4sterBr0s and Kil, but also some level makers have no avatars.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

they should have 'image missing' graphics from various different browsers.
kil3

Post by kil3 »

I'm not a big fan of the idea in general to be frank. I've no interest in putting myself in the game. Besides, it looks crowded as it is.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Nonsense! The avatar level so far has everybody spaced out so it doesn't look crowded, but if you don't want to be seen in the game as an avatar, I can always go ahead and give you the "image missing" idea image if you want.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

kil3 wrote:I'm not a big fan of the idea in general to be frank. I've no interest in putting myself in the game. Besides, it looks crowded as it is.
we could just give you a text box with some reflections on the project if you would prefer that.
kil3

Post by kil3 »

I have a good idea for a joke then if someone would like to implement this:
Could someone take my zelda resprite from my level folder, and when you talk to her "My one regret is that... no one LPed my tower before I died..." Then she poofs. This is of course a hilarious reference!
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

kil3 wrote:I have a good idea for a joke then if someone would like to implement this:
Could someone take my zelda resprite from my level folder, and when you talk to her "My one regret is that... no one LPed my tower before I died..." Then she poofs. This is of course a hilarious reference!
How's this look?
similar idea but not exactly the same
kil.png
kil.png (5.61 KiB) Viewed 7630 times
kil3

Post by kil3 »

haha that's fine
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Oh right, I said I'd comply.
possibly sprite.gif
possibly sprite.gif (1.06 KiB) Viewed 7596 times
Just stick me underneath some structure, I guess!

and then I'll say things:
Hi there! I spent too much time zipping through walls, and now I'm stuck! It's actually pretty comfy in here though, aside from how there's nothing to eat. Say, you wouldn't happen to have a spare vegetable, would you?
(We're still making a joke out of the distance perception thing, right? I hope so, because I'm bad at making sprites!)
I don't really get it but okay
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

here's a picture of everyone I have (except two people, one because it's too big and one because I couldn't fit it anywhere)
vatars.png
vatars.png (159.53 KiB) Viewed 7561 times
If you have/made an avatar for this and you don't see it here (or someone else's) please tell me, I'm starting to lose track of everything.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Ah! Get off my head cute bunny medalist person!
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

darkychao wrote:here's a picture of everyone I have (except two people, one because it's too big and one because I couldn't fit it anywhere)
vatars.png
If you have/made an avatar for this and you don't see it here (or someone else's) please tell me, I'm starting to lose track of everything.
I guess I'm the one that's too big, huh? :P
adamwcz

Post by adamwcz »

darkychao wrote:If you have/made an avatar for this and you don't see it here (or someone else's) please tell me, I'm starting to lose track of everything.
Mine isn't in there, here is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t12w10rq5hvzl ... pc-289.zip
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Is this almost done? I think this is the last thing before ASMBXT is finished.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

SAJewers wrote:Is this almost done? I think this is the last thing before ASMBXT is finished.
I think after this we're waiting on the testing being finished and the cheats & password system either being finished or postponed until the sequel.
raocow

Post by raocow »

I did my part for the 'password' thing, and I don't think implentation is going to be long at all.