(shouting)

Credits avatar and comments

an SMBX collaboration hack!
Kashkabald

Re: Credits avatar and comments

Post by Kashkabald »

Pretty much. Just need to know at this point if it'll be hosted at, say, asmbxt.raocow.com, or somewhere else.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Kashkabald wrote:Pretty much. Just need to know at this point if it'll be hosted at, say, asmbxt.raocow.com, or somewhere else.
can't you host it anywhere else? it's not like it's a super-important and tech-intensive thing that must be hosted on raocow.com
is this videogames?
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Doctor Shemp wrote:
SAJewers wrote:Is this almost done? I think this is the last thing before ASMBXT is finished.
I think after this we're waiting on the testing being finished and the cheats & password system either being finished or postponed until the sequel.
The password system is done, pending TLs4 giving us web hosting on raocow.com, and it was decided the testing phase will be done when the Hub World is done. I can't finish the Hub World though, until this is done, so I can add the warp in.

I'd like to get this out the door ASAP, so I was kinda hoping this would be near finished, especially since raocow is planning to LP this next after 3k Leagues, and it looks like 3k Leagues will be finished soon.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
kil3

Post by kil3 »

I have no idea what you guys are doing anymore. I just want to try and 100% the final beta thing with hub.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Does it have to be an actual level? Couldn't it just be "sod it let's just chuck all the dudes in #yolo"?
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

If somebody who has all the avatars on them would upload a zip file or something containing them I'd make something right quick, I have an unexpected day off tomorrow. Mind you, probably anyone could 'make something right quick' so it's not an amazing offer I s'pose.
shaman

Post by shaman »

I thought darkychao was working on the level?
is this videogames?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

My understanding was that sturgyman was going to design the level, while darkychao was going to package up the avatar assets and place them and everything.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Yeah, I like the idea of having an actual (easy) level for the avatars. It should help it feel less like a wall of text.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

dr_kraid wrote:If somebody who has all the avatars on them would upload a zip file or something containing them I'd make something right quick, I have an unexpected day off tomorrow. Mind you, probably anyone could 'make something right quick' so it's not an amazing offer I s'pose.
I actually, I'll do more than give you guys a ZIP, I have sort of a "template level" for the level designer, so all (s)he'll have to do is build the level then select and move the already placed NPCs to the right spots. http://www.mediafire.com/?95ocowkpil6kn4p
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Thanks but to be honest I'm feeling pretty brutally uninspired right now so I guess I'll just let sturgyman get on with it. What's the axe for, by the way?
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

The Avatar level is about done, I've just been trying to organize all the silly avatars and make sure everyone is in there. Plus, I've been making it really neat-o graphic wise, I'd like other peeps to test the level to make sure it won't lag/is not too difficult.

The "level" portion of the level isn't so easy, but it's a short section and the rest of the level are just the avatars themselves. So hopefully it isn't too and, I mean it's got it's own little gimmick too!

I've got some questions though about the level:
Should there be a post-game boss like STTB 2 did? So like the player has to collect all the stars in order for access to the boss.

How should the level end? With a star? SMW Exit? (heh)
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

sturgyman wrote:The Avatar level is about done, I've just been trying to organize all the silly avatars and make sure everyone is in there. Plus, I've been making it really neat-o graphic wise, I'd like other peeps to test the level to make sure it won't lag/is not too difficult.

The "level" portion of the level isn't so easy, but it's a short section and the rest of the level are just the avatars themselves. So hopefully it isn't too and, I mean it's got it's own little gimmick too!

Should there be a post-game boss like STTB 2 did? So like the player has to collect all the stars in order for access to the boss.

IMO the level doesn't need a "final" boss like STTB2, but it's up to you. Just keep in mind while STTB2 had a character they could use in Percy, we don't (The Key Boss is already used, and attempts to put something in Deltinus Castle were fruitless.

Level should probably use a star as an exit.
shaman

Post by shaman »

sturgyman wrote:The Avatar level is about done, I've just been trying to organize all the silly avatars and make sure everyone is in there. Plus, I've been making it really neat-o graphic wise, I'd like other peeps to test the level to make sure it won't lag/is not too difficult.

Ending it with a SMW exit would be funny indeed. But leave the boss idea behind this time, it's a good one, but just have the avatars and it's fine. Can you send me the progress on the level via PM, or simply post it here so I can see how it's looking like?
is this videogames?
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

So how's it going?
shaman

Post by shaman »

dr_kraid wrote:So how's it going?
I hope it will be done this week!
is this videogames?
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Is it too late couple of text boxes to my character?

Second box
Good job making it through my sad excuses for levels though. May a dozen busty mouse girls snuggle you next Thursday.
Third box
Also, I'm scaled wrong. I'm soundly under 2 meters in real life, I assure you. Oh, well.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Is it too late couple of text boxes to my character?

Second box
Good job making it through my sad excuses for levels though. May a dozen busty mouse girls snuggle you next Thursday.
Third box
Also, I'm scaled wrong. I'm soundly under 2 meters in real life, I assure you. Oh, well.
I assume you want them added, in which case I did.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

While were at it, could you remove the
~raocow 2012
from my textbox? I would appriciate it!
ParuParu

Post by ParuParu »

"I'm jealous that you were able to beat such a difficult game... Paruparuparu..."

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... Parsee.png

Hope that picture works. I lack the skill to draw one
Holy

Post by Holy »

Really love the avatar level!

Reuploading mine with a bit of a white outline to flesh out the black parts from the background:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pnfith4p55snnla
also for the upside-down toad there's an e missing in represented
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

I feel like it's more appropriate to give feedback in this thread rather than the 'Post Levels Here' thread, so...!
Well that was just nutters. The actual 'level' portion was a bit tricky and rather visually confusing, but I was able to beat it more-or-less alright, so... yeah! I quite liked the section with Ignoritus and SAJewers. Did some proofreading on all the avatars:

Trotim's, Xirix's, yoshicookiezeus' names are displayed at the beginning of their dialog instead of at the end
Darkychao: 'palate swaped' should be 'palette-swapped'; I'm not quite sure about the "I started, made the graphics, and consulted for raocow's intro level as well" sentence, grammatically. Would 'was consulted for' make more sense or something?
GlitchedGhost: 'have fun playing' should be 'had fun playing'
Octagon: finetuning should be 'fine-tuning'
castlepokemetroid: should it be 'I am a non-chalant upside-down Toad'?; 'represnted' should be 'represented'
XutaWoo: 'jacks of all trade' should be 'jacks of all trades'
Kashkabald: 'turn out okay in which case' should be 'turn out okay, in which case'; adding a comma in 'final tragedy comes, whereas' is debatable; should probably remove 'http://' from the link so as not to break the text box
Is Paralars supposed to appear after hitting the switch?
sign next to raocow: 'nonsensual' should probably be 'nonsensical', or maybe even 'non-sense-making'

The second dialog box for mine (swirlybomb) doesn't appear; 'Level Start' is the event triggered by speaking instead. The second '--swirlybomb--' in the second box should also be removed. If possible, I'd like to change my first text box to say:
"There was a third level I wanted to make, themed around lava and switch blocks, but there was all this battery acid running around in the attic, and you know how that can be. Oh well! Making levels is pretty darn-gosh fun, just by the way."
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

I'm going to rewrite mine because the old one is unintelligible.
box 1
Hey, I'm Darkychao
I started on the project just intending to see how progress was going and I saw one suggestion in the graphics thread and the next thing you know I've done all the graphics for two of the characters, did a bit of work on most of the other characters as well as some items and enemies, and even worked on a level or two.
box 2
If you like my work here you should go check me out on http://www.planetminecraft.com/, I do some work there
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Octagon
zentraidon
Pronouns: she

Post by Octagon »

I'd like to change my avatar text in order to slightly tone down the wall of text:
I'm Obscurity. I'm still alive. The explorer thing was just a false rumour spread so they won't use me as a boss... you seem okay, Demo, and I didn't want you to kill me.
You could say that I'm living in obscurity now... heheheh.
I kinda miss that cave though.

Someone claiming to be the creator of my den asked me to leave the following message:
"I hope my level was fun to play.
The presentation and pacing are a little janky, I think, but I'm pretty happy with the finetuning of the individual challenges... while most of them were planned beforehand, some were found by randomly combining objects - I'm surprised how well that can work. I like the fiddly object interaction in SMBX."
Oh, and say hi to that weirdo with the signs.
Image WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Yeah, me too. Hadn't realized how much longer text looks in the engine.
Hi there! I spent too much time zipping through walls, and now I'm stuck!

...Say, you wouldn't happen to have a spare vegetable, would you? I'm really hungry.
I'm sorry if I'm being a bother!
I don't really get it but okay