(shouting)

ASMBXT - Password System

an SMBX collaboration hack!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: ASMBXT - Password System

Post by SAJewers »

Does Limepii20 or raocow himself not have access to any of this stuff?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I have access to nothing re: the actual website of raocow.com!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

Sent a PM to TLS, meanwhile working on the site locally and if a few days before the release there's still no answer, i'll just move everything to the "last resort"
shaman

Post by shaman »

so, how's the progress here?
is this videogames?
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I really don't want to sound like I'm trying to shit on anybody's hard work, but I think we ought to cut this feature if we want to get this thing done already.
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

You know it's not this feature that's holding the game, right? Every level still needs to be tested by two or three people, avatar level is probably going to change again. Don't be in a hurry just because of raocow...

Also, can someone nudge TLS4 again? Still hasn't replied to me after about 72 hours...
kil3

Post by kil3 »

I thought we were waiting on this before sajewers released the final beta?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

I did say that. However, I'm now also waiting for the avatar level update, and I believe there's 1 or 2 ore levels that are supposed to be updated.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Kashkabald wrote:Also, can someone nudge TLS4 again? Still hasn't replied to me after about 72 hours...
I emailed him. Hopefully that gets a response.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Question: What's left with this, just getting a URL and changing the splash screen URL to reflect this? If so, can you not just make a n assumption on this, and replace the splash screen URL with what you think it's going to be? The website isn't part of the download, so I don't forsee a problem releasing the game with this unfinished, then putting it up a few days later, and releasing an update to the game if the URL needs to be changed.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm just KIND of annoyed (not super annoyed) because I have no idea if I'm supposed to seriously look for another 'real' project or not at this point :/
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

If by Monday TLS4 is still absent, I'll just upload everything on to the backup server and that'll be that. Should be enough time to both wait for him and finish fixing up the few issues left.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

raocow wrote:I'm just KIND of annoyed (not super annoyed) because I have no idea if I'm supposed to seriously look for another 'real' project or not at this point :/
How many filler videos do you have? The only major thing left is an updated avatars level. The password thing can just be put on a backup site.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

raocow wrote:I'm just KIND of annoyed (not super annoyed) because I have no idea if I'm supposed to seriously look for another 'real' project or not at this point :/
Just do it, man.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

dr_kraid wrote:
Just do it, man.
I don't know how many filler videos he has lined up, but if Sturgyman can finish the avatars level by tomorrow, then Kashkabald can just use the backup site, and we can get this out the door. There's no sense waiting for TLs4 when we have a viable backup option for the interim. When/if he gets back, we can release an updated exe.

There's no sense making raocow wait for something very minor that will not affect his LP.
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

Might as well wait until Monday, we've waited this much and there's at least one level that needs to be fixed, judging from what people are saying in the testing thread. Avatar level should be done by then too.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Well, as long as raocow has enough filler videos until then. My understanding was that he only had filler videos for tomorrow and Saturday, but if he can do something for Sunday and Monday, then I guess we can wait.
shaman

Post by shaman »

SAJewers wrote:
dr_kraid wrote:
Just do it, man.
I don't know how many filler videos he has lined up, but if Sturgyman can finish the avatars level by tomorrow, then Kashkabald can just use the backup site, and we can get this out the door. There's no sense waiting for TLs4 when we have a viable backup option for the interim. When/if he gets back, we can release an updated exe.

There's no sense making raocow wait for something very minor that will not affect his LP.
we'll have absolutely NO testing before he gets his hand on the game? I'm having a hard time agreeing to this... I rather have raocow play another game before this one if it means delivering a quality "product"
is this videogames?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

What's left to test?
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

The endgame levels do need testing.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

8flight tested all the endgame and gimmick levels. It's in the Testing results/issues thread pages 8, 9 and 10.
shaman

Post by shaman »

SAJewers wrote:What's left to test?
the thing as a whole
remember that many "real" games beta tested by thousands still had terrible bugs at launch. I'm not asking for MUCH testing, just at least a full playthrough by someone to make sure the game is at least finishable correctly
is this videogames?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

I'd argue that most of the levels from World 7 on were extensively tested/reviwed back in December/January, and 8flight tested all the levels has no real issues. however, if we really want to go back and retest everything I'm fine with that, as long as people actually test these levels, rather than leave it to 2 people.

EDIT:
shaman wrote:
the thing as a whole
remember that many "real" games beta tested by thousands still had terrible bugs at launch. I'm not asking for MUCH testing, just at least a full playthrough by someone to make sure the game is at least finishable correctly
Ah, that makes total sense. In that case, I should probably release the HUB for testing, However, can we set some sort of timeline/deadline for this, so we don't leave raocow guessing on this?
shaman

Post by shaman »

SAJewers wrote:I'd argue that most of the levels from World 7 on were extensively tested/reviwed back in December/January, and 8flight tested all the levels has no real issues. however, if we really want to go back and retest everything I'm fine with that, as long as people actually test these levels, rather than leave it to 2 people.

EDIT:
shaman wrote:
the thing as a whole
Ah, that makes total sense. In that case, I should probably release the HUB for testing, However, can we set some sort of timeline/deadline for this, so we don't leave raocow guessing on this?
How about next wednesday, the 13th? seems like enough time to me
is this videogames?
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

But for example, my World 8 level was simply too hard because I made a silly mistake and no one reported it... I think. If it had gone as it stood it would've made the experience a lot less fun.