(shouting)

ASMBXT - Password System

an SMBX collaboration hack!
Kashkabald

Re: ASMBXT - Password System

Post by Kashkabald »

I could still really use that copy/paste tool.
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Kashkabald wrote:I could still really use that copy/paste tool.
I second that notion. It's sorely missing from the vanilla editor :( .
fart.
shaman

Post by shaman »

docopoper wrote:I guess we can set another deadline when this deadline expires.
just no
is this videogames?
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

shaman wrote:
just no
Why? I mean a beta testing deadline.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
shaman

Post by shaman »

docopoper wrote:
shaman wrote:
just no
Why? I mean a beta testing deadline.
oh, that will happen. I thought you meant a second deadline for level submissions
is this videogames?
Cadwyn

Post by Cadwyn »

In light of the final week of level submissions, I thought we could return some attention to this little feature. When I originally made the wiki page I threw in some ideas for what the passwords can open, but it seems other than that time there hasn't been much discussion on what exactly the passwords will do, other than provide cheat codes. Is there still interest in other things? As of now we have seven levels with passwords according to the wiki page, so that's at least seven people that have direct input on what the passwords lead to.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I have every intention to at least make one stupid short 'secret' video that is dumb.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
shaman

Post by shaman »

raocow wrote:I have every intention to at least make one stupid short 'secret' video that is dumb.
instead of the password, you can upload the video as private and give the link in it's place
is this videogames?
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

shaman wrote:
raocow wrote:I have every intention to at least make one stupid short 'secret' video that is dumb.
instead of the password, you can upload the video as private and give the link in it's place
'Private' won't work (then you need a list of people allowed to watch it), I think you're thinking of 'Unlisted'.
fart.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Duker wrote:
shaman wrote:
'Private' won't work (then you need a list of people allowed to watch it), I think you're thinking of 'Unlisted'.
yeah that's what I meant, I'm not too familiar with youtubism
is this videogames?
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

well yeah, but I mean the idea is that the password you'd get in the game would unlock the url as displayed in the loading screen thing where apparently we'd enter the password.
shaman

Post by shaman »

raocow wrote:well yeah, but I mean the idea is that the password you'd get in the game would unlock the url as displayed in the loading screen thing where apparently we'd enter the password.
I too would like that, but I still haven't seen the thing working. We still have ways to go in terms of putting the game together, as SAJewers mentioned before, the 31st deadline is only for level submissions, nothing is being really rushed
If kash can provide the system working by the time we release the beta testing around here, awesome, but I wanted it as soon as possible just to not have to delay the whole development because of a minor feature that's not ready

this was never supposed to be the "next big LP" or something. it will be done when it's ready, and we're taking our sweet sweet time on that.
is this videogames?
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

http://www.htmliseasy.com/keeper/index.html

It's something really simple like this.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Kashkabald wrote:http://www.htmliseasy.com/keeper/index.html

I know how it can be simple, however, it's not done yet. Don't leave it to the last minute just because it's easy to do
is this videogames?
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

If this is going to be part of the start page, we should start considering the design of the start page.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

shaman wrote:
Kashkabald wrote:http://www.htmliseasy.com/keeper/index.html

I know how it can be simple, however, it's not done yet. Don't leave it to the last minute just because it's easy to do
There's still at least a month to go, plus I need to wait until I'm less busy, then I need to wait for one thing, and that thing is to see where the site will be hosted.

raocow, can you contact TLS about it?
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

Yes, please.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Is there someway to hide/spoiler the passwords? Just to keep them a bit more secretive?
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

sturgyman wrote:Is there someway to hide/spoiler the passwords? Just to keep them a bit more secretive?
already did
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
kil3

Post by kil3 »

If all else fails, I could implement the password system in the death counter program. If I'm understanding it all, all it would have to be is a textbox where if the user enters a correct password, a thing happens (it's pretty easy to open the user's default browser and display a webpage from there as well).
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

kil3 wrote:If all else fails, I could implement the password system in the death counter program. If I'm understanding it all, all it would have to be is a textbox where if the user enters a correct password, a thing happens (it's pretty easy to open the user's default browser and display a webpage from there as well).
I should have a backup host in case it cannot be hosted on raocow.com
shaman

Post by shaman »

so Kash, how's that thing going? is it working already?

the game is practically done, if this feature here isn't, I'll postpone it to the inevitable sequel
is this videogames?
raocow

Post by raocow »

Me and Kash actually planned something, it should be done by the end of the game!
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

Still waiting on TLS to answer my PM.

In the meantime I've been busy again, but I'm not currently now... so I guess if TLS doesn't answer I'll try to cook something up as a last resort.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Kashkabald wrote:Still waiting on TLS to answer my PM.

In the meantime I've been busy again, but I'm not currently now... so I guess if TLS doesn't answer I'll try to cook something up as a last resort.
it will be better to make use of that "last resort" right now, because if we wait for TLS4, it will delay even more, while infact everything is pretty much done
is this videogames?