(shouting)

SMBX string replacements

an SMBX collaboration hack!
Chari Tsuki
Pronouns: she/her

Re: SMBX string replacements

Post by Chari Tsuki »

It's ineedaX
ASMBXT Download (For those who would like to re-live the good old days!): http://www.mediafire.com/download/h1d39idk4gdf3wi
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

MarioMaster12 wrote:
It's ineedaX
no, it's definitely not
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Chari Tsuki
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Chari Tsuki »

Yes it is. I use cheats all the time.
ASMBXT Download (For those who would like to re-live the good old days!): http://www.mediafire.com/download/h1d39idk4gdf3wi
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

MarioMaster12 wrote:Yes it is. I use cheats all the time.
no, it's not, the "i" at the beginning doesn't need to be there I just checked
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

darkychao wrote:
Kashkabald wrote:Also, we need ideas for the cheat code replacements! Just keep in mind it has to have the same amount of characters as the original code
here are a couple I thought up

spoilers for anyone who doesn't want to cheat but can't help their self once they know the codes
  • stickyfingers-->tenacioustoes
    redigitiscool-->raocowisswell
    itsamemario-->thatisademo
    itsameluigi-->thatsaniris
    anothercastle-->chipmunkthyme
    ibakedacakeforyou-->luigisonlycomrade
    supermarioX-->superbdemoX
    needaX-->gimmeX
    1player-->raomode
    2player-->cowmode
I like them! I thought up a few as well.
  • itsrainingmen-->isureneedthese
    donttypethis-->bobombplanet
    wherearemycarkeys-->ohdangthatkeyboss
    rainbowrider-->itsdiscotime
    donthurtme-->strategyyo
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

added all the currently thought up cheats to a table on the wiki, if you want to add more go there.
shaman

Post by shaman »

I still see the cheat codes on the wiki, are we changing the cheats or not? if yes, I will have to change one of my levels that depend on two of those codes
is this videogames?
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

shaman wrote:I still see the cheat codes on the wiki, are we changing the cheats or not? if yes, I will have to change one of my levels that depend on two of those codes
That is the plan!

EDIT: You can't change the 'redigitiscool' cheat, by the way. At least it's not where the other strings are...
shaman

Post by shaman »

Do not change cheat codes for now, only the other strings that need replacement (like the character names, stars to leek, etc.)
Pack it together with the password system and give it to SAJewers so he can pack everything together
is this videogames?
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

shaman wrote:Do not change cheat codes for now, only the other strings that need replacement (like the character names, stars to leek, etc.)
Pack it together with the password system and give it to SAJewers so he can pack everything together
There's still weeks left. I can do the cheat codes and the strings in a bit though. And how can I pack the password system in if it's part of the site?
shaman

Post by shaman »

Kashkabald wrote:
shaman wrote:Do not change cheat codes for now, only the other strings that need replacement (like the character names, stars to leek, etc.)
There's still weeks left. I can do the cheat codes and the strings in a bit though. And how can I pack the password system in if it's part of the site?
It's not about the time, it's about not really changing them now. Leave cheat codes as they are for now, since they're not very important anyway, and there's no point in changing them anyway
Maybe for the sequel we can make a better gimmick out of this, but for this one, please leave it out. Just change strings as they must

and by "packing" the password stuff, I mean changing the hardcoded URL in the launcher to the final one as soon as possible
is this videogames?
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

the cheatcodes have been suggested and will be changed since there really is no reason not to change them. i don't get why you need the .exe now since it's literally the last thing that needs to be changed before release.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Kashkabald wrote:the cheatcodes have been suggested and will be changed since there really is no reason not to change them. i don't get why you need the .exe now since it's literally the last thing that needs to be changed before release.
I didn't say I needed them now, I said to send it to SAJewers when it's done, because he's the one packing the whole final game

Also there are more reasons for keeping cheats as they are than for changing them. I totally agree it's a cool suggestion, but one I wish to leave out of this version, out of convenience. I'm not asking for you to agree with me or not, I'm just asking for you to not change them. I cannot see how giving you less work to do is a bad thing.
is this videogames?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Wait, why is the password thing an issue anyway. Is it because we don't have anything to replace the passwords? Just send me what are the constraints and I'll get silly/dumb replacements within an hour of me getting the pm!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
shaman

Post by shaman »

raocow wrote:Wait, why is the password thing an issue anyway. Is it because we don't have anything to replace the passwords? Just send me what are the constraints and I'll get silly/dumb replacements within an hour of me getting the pm!
We already have all the silly codes. It's just out of convenience, really.

But ok, go ahead and change the cheat codes. I had something in mind but let's keep it to the next version of the game
is this videogames?