Level distribution by world

an SMBX collaboration hack!
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Level distribution by world

Post by Jolpengammler »

LukaRamu wrote:You could also just edit it yourself. It's a wiki :P
Ooooh I didn't know that! Thanks for the info anyways, also sorry for posting this here..
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
Ignoritus
O◡O
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ignoritus »

Probably put Danger! Disco! in world 2 or 3, and Edge of the Universe (Updated, more difficult version + once boss is added) in Post-Game world.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I have no idea where to put my levels. I will just say that I can and did beat "Ancient Tomb", "Oh, No! It's Lakitu!" and "Toad Central" and my skill level doesn't go past SMW Special World by much if it all. The first two did take me quite some time though so I'd put "Toad Central" first. I'd place "Hot Hot Angry Stars" after all three of those as I still haven't beaten that in one whole go.

EDIT: What is the rough difficulty curve by world in terms of the VIP difficulty scale that was posted a while back?

EDIT 2: Maybe put them in the midgame/early midgame.
Last edited by Doctor Shemp 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
MrWeirdGuy

Post by MrWeirdGuy »

Where I think my levels belong:
Knock on Wood: World 1 or 2
Leaky Jungle: World 4 or 5
The Firelands: World 7, 8, or Post-Game World
Gotta Go Quick: World 7, 8, or Gimmick World
Last edited by MrWeirdGuy 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
This is my signature because I am a boring individual. Yep.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

MrWeirdGuy wrote:Where I think my levels belong:
Knock on Wood: World 1 or 2
Leaky Jungle: World 4 or 5
The Firelands: Post-Game World
Gotta Go Quick: World 7, 8, or Gimmick World
None of them have been added to the finished thread yet.
MrWeirdGuy

Post by MrWeirdGuy »

Yeah I know, I just wanted to post here before I forgot.
This is my signature because I am a boring individual. Yep.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I just saw the world and am pretty sure my "Untitled contraption" is a gimmick world level. I designed it thinking this was going to be a VIP equivalent project.

And does think mean we have to reserve a place by a certain deadline? I just had an idea for another level.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

No, I think as long as you can get it done by the deadline it will be put in. I have no idea why we have a slot count per world since we only have 100 slots and can have 200 warps.

You should probably be ok to just go ahead with it.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

"Bastion of Cold and Dead" is pretty short and easy to run through if you figure out how it works, but people told me it was hard.
Also, it's technically and flavour-wise somewhat sophisticated (I think), so I guess as a rewarding, short-but-intense, somewhat gimmicky level, it'd be placed well around world 5.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I just saw the world and am pretty sure my "Untitled contraption" is a gimmick world level. I designed it thinking this was going to be a VIP equivalent project.

And does think mean we have to reserve a place by a certain deadline? I just had an idea for another level.
there's absolutely NO reserving for this project. if your level is:

- among the first 100
- before january 31st

it will be in. those are the only "rules". exceptions can be made in exceptional cases where levels must be replaced for some reason, but I wouldn't count on it
is this videogames?
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

shaman666 wrote:
Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I just saw the world and am pretty sure my "Untitled contraption" is a gimmick world level. I designed it thinking this was going to be a VIP equivalent project.

- among the first 100
- before january 31st

it will be in. those are the only "rules". exceptions can be made in exceptional cases where levels must be replaced for some reason, but I wouldn't count on it
But we already have 83 level passed, and enough reviewed to be pass 100.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:
shaman666 wrote:

- among the first 100
- before january 31st

But we already have 83 level passed, and enough reviewed to be pass 100.
that's great news then, means we're almost done. but do not fret, if you have a cool idea for a level, why not make it anyway? we'll most likely make a sequel for this one in the future, maybe after raocow is done with his playthrough of the game, so having a level done by then will probably speed things much more
is this videogames?
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

As I wrote in the other thread, I've put my level 'Dodge the Beefsteak!' to the gimmicky section of world destribution (well, the whole effect relies on a graphics replacement, so... gimmicky, yeah).
shaman

Post by shaman »

LukaRamu wrote:As I wrote in the other thread, I've put my level 'Dodge the Beefsteak!' to the gimmicky section of world destribution (well, the whole effect relies on a graphics replacement, so... gimmicky, yeah).
no u! world 6 it is
is this videogames?
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Added my level to world 1, though I think it should be closer to mid-ish world 2.
fart.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Just a note, but I noticed Misthouse was posted in the finished levels thread, but isn't on the levels page on the wiki, nor the worlds page. Someone might want to go through and make sure all levels posted on both the wiki and the finished levels thread have spots in the world list
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Hahaha, wow, I hadn' t thought the POSTWORLD would be the last one to be filled up!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
shaman

Post by shaman »

here's the thing. since raocow suggested 108 levels, and we have a lot of levels still going to be added, I'm going to take this suggestion head-on

how about adding a level to each world but the post-game and gimmicks? that would make it 8 extra levels, so 108
is this videogames?
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Hahaha, GOTTA GO FAST must be a lot harder than I think it is if it's going in the Post-Game World! Assuming that the Post-Game World is in fact supposed to be the hardest. I kind of expected it to be a mid-/mid-late-game 'gimmick' level or somesuch.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Took the opportunity and moved 'Spikey Cavey' to World 2, freeing up one slot in World 1.
fart.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

swirlybomb wrote:Hahaha, GOTTA GO FAST must be a lot harder than I think it is if it's going in the Post-Game World! Assuming that the Post-Game World is in fact supposed to be the hardest. I kind of expected it to be a mid-/mid-late-game 'gimmick' level or somesuch.
I'd agree that it should go earlier. There will be beta-testing later on once everything is set to make sure the difficulty curve doesn't just go all wacko.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Cadwyn

Post by Cadwyn »

Holy hell, I'm gone for a week and things fill up @_@

I'm glad 108 levels was done though. I took the liberty of slotting Hope Rides Alone into World 5 for now, and am making it the last level I'll work on for this project.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

So, I removed The Uncompleted Dare from the world list, since there are a number of levels that do the exact same thing. This leaves us with the following:

World 1 - Filled
World 2 - Filled
World 3 - 2 Spaces Open
World 4 - 1 Space Open
World 5 - Filled
World 6 - Filled
World 7 - 1 Space Open
World 8 - 3 Spaces Open
Postgame World - 3 Spaces Open
Gimmick World - 1 Space Open

intro.lvl - taken
credits - taken
outro.lvl - open

That leaves us with 11 spots to fill, plus an outro level (I'm not doing that one), with 22 unfinished levels (not counting the two unfinished levels already placed on the world list). Some of those I believe are finished levels that were submitted before the creating of the finished levels thread, so I'll look through.
Last edited by SAJewers 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Cadwyn

Post by Cadwyn »

After giving it some thought, I'm withdrawing Hope Rides Alone from the running. It's been a really big project in and of itself, still needs more resources made for it, and I just don't have the time to finish it by the deadline. There's always the sequel or a hypothetical expansion pack. So that means World 5 has one open slot now.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Cadwyn wrote:After giving it some thought, I'm withdrawing Hope Rides Alone from the running. It's been a really big project in and of itself, still needs more resources made for it, and I just don't have the time to finish it by the deadline. There's always the sequel or a hypothetical expansion pack. So that means World 5 has one open slot now.
aw man, I was really looking forward to that level! but no problem, there's always the sequel
is this videogames?