(shouting)

Level distribution by world

an SMBX collaboration hack!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: Level distribution by world

Post by pholtos »

If you'd like I can go through all the levels. I should have the time. Might be a bit slow though.

Edit: It'd be easier if they were all in some kind of game-type thing. Even if the hubs weren't made, if they were just all connected to doors.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

As it appears I'm making the update to the Dev kit, I will do that.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
kil3

Post by kil3 »

Yeah that would be amazing. I'd like to test levels but am too lazy to go download a million files and mess with them.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

If you'd do that, it would just be amazing! It would also be great to look how the life situation is and whatnot.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Allow me to jump on the alpha hubworld bandwagon. Feels like something we should've thought of earlier, honestly.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

OK, I have the alpha hubworld done. However, I'm gonna wait on a few things before releasing an update to the dev kit.

- I need "The Firelands" and "Leaky Jungle" by MrWeirdGuy, as the links on the wiki are dead.
- I need Dr. Shemp's Levels again, shaman's upload of them didn't include .lvl files
- Waiting on the Ice Flower Replacement, which look like it'll be done by the end of the day.

Once these are crossed off, I'll release the updated dev kit with all the new graphics and all the levels +alpha hubworld.
shaman

Post by shaman »

SAJewers wrote:OK, I have the alpha hubworld done. However, I'm gonna wait on a few things before releasing an update to the dev kit.

- I need "The Firelands" and "Leaky Jungle" by MrWeirdGuy, as the links on the wiki are dead.
- I need Dr. Shemp's Levels again, shaman's upload of them didn't include .lvl files
- Waiting on the Ice Flower Replacement, which look like it'll be done by the end of the day.

Once these are crossed off, I'll release the updated dev kit with all the new graphics and all the levels +alpha hubworld.
WHOOPS, now that was one stupid oversight, give me a minute

edit: here http://www.mediafire.com/?56f4i5p6abgk5j6

also the ice flower replacement already exists on another thread!
is this videogames?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Yep, just converted them into useable graphics (there are 2 ice flower graphics). That means I'm just waiting on those 2 "lost" levels. He was on yesterday, so hopefully he'll see the PM I sent him, and he'll get those levels back up. If someone else has copies, upload them so I don't have to wait for him.

EDIT: I just realized, I have old copies of those 2 levels. I might just use those for now.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Huh, I didn't realize that SMBX uses multiple ice flower graphics. How very peculiar!
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Yeah, there's an SMB3 Ice Flower (by the hammer suit) and an SMW Ice Flower (By the Yoshi/raocow Coin).

Anyway, since I have old versions of The Firelands and Leaky Jungle, I'll use those for the time being, and release another update once I get a hold of the finalized versions.

EDIT: Uploading now, this may take a while.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

The Wiki still shows my level "fluffy quest" in world 5, despite it being decided that it's too hard for that world. Do we have a coherent strategy to fix wrongly placed levels yet?
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

shaman wrote:I really wish more people were doing what Shemp is doing - playing all levels and giving feedback. That's exactly what I'm expecting for at least half of february, while the hub is not ready.
Hell's teeth I completely forgot about that. I've been really busy with other commitments. I'll try and get back on that in a few days although frankly they were getting to the point where my skills just weren't good enough.
shaman wrote:
SAJewers wrote:- I need Dr. Shemp's Levels again, shaman's upload of them didn't include .lvl files
WHOOPS, now that was one stupid oversight, give me a minute

edit: here http://www.mediafire.com/?56f4i5p6abgk5j6
Does that include my .lvl files or should I re-up them somewhere? The ones I posted in the Fixed Levels thread should be recent enough for the links to still work anyway. At least I think so.
Octagon
zentraidon
Pronouns: she

Post by Octagon »

I don't really think my level ("Pit of Obscurity") is hard enough for world 7 - I would've thought of world 5 at most... maybe I'm just biased by the training I automatically got by designing the level though.
Image WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Octagon wrote:I don't really think my level ("Pit of Obscurity") is hard enough for world 7 - I would've thought of world 5 at most... maybe I'm just biased by the training I automatically got by designing the level though.
World 7 seems like a safe position to put my world 5 level. I dont know what world 7 is actually like though.