(shouting)

[ARCHIVED] ASMBXT: Post Levels Here

an SMBX collaboration hack!
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Re: ASMBXT: Post Levels Here

Post by Xirix »

Thanks for pointing that out, a tad scatterbrained today. :)
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Xirix wrote:Late submission time!
Level Name : Tewi Eien Tewi.

I'm not the best judge but I'd say mid to late game difficulty. Lakitus are friendly so they don't kill you so easily on the high slopes.

I've playtested this and it's finishable, however if you want to edit it a bit to make it more doable I don't mind, or perhaps add a midpoint half way despite it being fairly short.

IMPORTANT : This level uses Luigi and is very dependant on Luigi not having powerups, I'm not sure how the overworld of the game is going to work, but the player must be changed to powerupless Luigi before entering, I will add a filter and change to luigi room if need be, please inform me if I need to.

Also if the music is too loud / too quiet I can run the mp3 through vegas and tamper the volume.

Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/box69gpqlul5q ... enTewi.rar
My understanding is that if you want a certain character only in a certain state, you'll need to do that yourself. The only thing the hubworld will do is make sure you're demo/mario or iris/luigi to use the hubworld.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Ah okay, I'll add a little filtering hallway to the beginning of the level then.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Overbearing Temperatures

I consider it close to complete but I'd like to see if anyone has fixes for it!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

aterraformer wrote:Overbearing Temperatures

I consider it close to complete but I'd like to see if anyone has fixes for it!
Tragically, you're too late, unless another level gets scrapped.

It would have got in if you had posted it in the finished levels thread...
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Yeah, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it would have had to have been someone, right?
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

dr_kraid wrote:Yeah, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it would have had to have been someone, right?
The level is terrible and too hard I don't care
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Chill, man, it's not the end of the world.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

dr_kraid wrote:Chill, man, it's not the end of the world.
I'm sorry, it's not even what I'm really mad at. It just did not help at all.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Would you say the camel has some straws on it?
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Okay, here it is, the Avatar Level.

I'd love it if some peeps would test it out to make sure it ain't too hard or laggy and whatnot. But yeah...

Download:
Talkhaus Abode
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

sturgyman wrote:Okay, here it is, the Avatar Level.

I'd love it if some peeps would test it out to make sure it ain't too hard or laggy and whatnot. But yeah...

Download:
Talkhaus Abode
aww, man, it's such a great feeling to play this level; knowing that something you put a lot of work into is about to go out and make thousands of people smile.
that aside, this level is really good, not too hard, and it plays really smooth, but it did take me a little while to realize that I could pick up the weightless rocks.

could you do something like this with the rising up transition
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

darkychao wrote:Tiny Text
Woah, holy jeez, I've never seen that done with vines before, that pretty awesome.

I bet I could whip something up, I'm just wondering what I should replace for the vines...
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
MrWeirdGuy

Post by MrWeirdGuy »

I played this level just now, and I died a few times... mostly due to late-night stupidity. But once I stopped rushing and took my time, it was pretty easy. Also, did I mention that this level is amazing? Especially the final room, which made me legit lol. Overall, I give this level a TENOUTTATEN/10. You should be proud of yourself.
This is my signature because I am a boring individual. Yep.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

While I still think having some version of Ievan Polka for the music would be a good idea and tie it together, the level itself is really, really good anyway.
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

...feels like I got the wrong level or something comparing my experience with the other comments.
Visually overloaded (mostly the tons of stars), confusing design choices (a bunch of rocks that technically are useable but have no use simply adding to the overload, a springboard marked important with coins that have no use I could find causing me alot of ire tryign to use it until I realized it was superfluous, a red-flying-block whatever they called that seems far more trouble than it could be worth that late in the level), and the music drove me mad to the point I had to switch it (the constant PLING every 1.5 sec or so, otherwise it was fine).

The actual avatar part is awesome though.
Last edited by Duker 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
fart.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

If you wanna use Ievan Polkka I've got an mp3 of shirobon's version here, but if it is to be used it should only be in the avatar rooms proper in my opinion. In my onion.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

sturgyman wrote:
darkychao wrote:Tiny Text
Woah, holy jeez, I've never seen that done with vines before, that pretty awesome.

I bet I could whip something up, I'm just wondering what I should replace for the vines...
you could use something like this
zrn21tkb.gif
zrn21tkb.gif (1.04 KiB) Viewed 7056 times
or you could just have them invisible.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Man, I dunno about Duker, but I think the level was pretty great! I think it was good that you didn't design one set path to get to the top, instead letting me carry the rocks and springboards around to go up however I wanted. The background was really neat to look at too, and the stars didn't bother me. I don't think there's anything I'd change about the level part itself! If anything, I'm a little disappointed the perspective joke didn't show up, but that's okay.

...I did find a couple of things to change though. Aside from my avatar blatantly refusing to look at Demo, SAJewers's sprite looks kind of weird when it turns to the right since it looks like he's sitting on the arm of the throne. You come out the wrong direction if you go backwards through the last pipe. Also, for whatever reason, when I start a 2-player game Demo and Iris push each other in different directions from the spawning point. Iris always slid far enough to land on the spikes and die no matter which direction she was sent off in, and Demo would come close, too.

Luckily, those are all probably pretty easy to take care of! It took me a while to notice you could pick up the rocks too, but I think that's one of those things you can expect players to figure out on their own. After all, any time they try to make a jump to a rock and just barely come up short, they should at least end up grabbing it by mistake.
I don't really get it but okay
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

I found that the Rotodiscs' unforgiving hitbox combined with their surprisingly hard-to-track movement lead to a lot of Stupid Deaths® on my part.

The Spike Tops are punks, too. The one on the right at the beginning glitches onto the question mark blocks.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

I would like to change my avatar message. I am the pokey in section 5:
Message 1:
If everything you know is based on what your brain is telling you, is all of reality within your brain?

Message 2:
So really your entire life could be a figment of your imagination...

Message 3:
So... Do you have any proof that I exist?

Message 4:

Message 5:
Wait! No!

<then make my avatar disappear with the 'SM Cry' Sound effect>
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Unless Sturgyman announces his intention to release an update, I'll do that.
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

I would actually like to update the level, now that I have some feedback and criticism about it.

Things I hope to change:
-The music, should I add the Levan Polka remix to just the avatar level or should it spread to the level itself?
-Less starry graphics
-Adjust/Redo Gimmick with stones(replace it with bouncing stars)
-Add cheez8's perspective joke somehow
-Fix various avatars and npcs
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
shaman

Post by shaman »

I like the level, but I wish it was just the avatar section, the rest feels too fillerish
also am I missing something or some people aren't in yet? I didn't see SAJewers, Lukaramu, or even raocow himself. Of course I know it's not finished, I just assumed they were placed anywhere haha
I also agree that the music should be changed to the levan polka someone posted somewhere
is this videogames?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

I'm there, and raocow is at the end.
EDIT: How about thisfor the music for it?