(shouting)

[ARCHIVED] ASMBXT: Post Levels Here

an SMBX collaboration hack!
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Re: ASMBXT: Post Levels Here

Post by Sturg »

Yeah, I think you still have the unfinished version of the level I sent you, newest version is on the last page.

Also, I'll get rid of the level-part of the level, as people aren't very satisfied with it. :?
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

maybe cut up the "level" part of the level, and make it interstitial, between every room?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

SAJewers wrote:
maybe cut up the "level" part of the level, and make it interstitial, between every room?
Yeah, I like that idea. The point of having the level with the avatars was to stop the level feeling like a wall of text. That said, I did like the level - neat gimmick.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
shaman

Post by shaman »

sturgyman wrote:
Yeah, I think you still have the unfinished version of the level I sent you, newest version is on the last page.

Also, I'll get rid of the level-part of the level, as people aren't very satisfied with it. :?
not really, I downloaded the latest version, I really can't see. on the final section there's only a sign and the ending. and the throne is empty, where I suppose is SAJewers, considering other people's comments
is this videogames?
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

docopoper's name is misspelled, as well.

Also, my little dude feels so out-of-place to me! Ah well.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

shaman wrote:
I like the level, but I wish it was just the avatar section, the rest feels too fillerish
also am I missing something or some people aren't in yet? I didn't see SAJewers, Lukaramu, or even raocow himself. Of course I know it's not finished, I just assumed they were placed anywhere haha
I also agree that the music should be changed to the levan polka someone posted somewhere
? Well crud, I'm not sure how to fix it... are they just not showing up?
I'd love it if anyone could help out with this problem, because I really hope the level works for everyone...
docopoper wrote:
SAJewers wrote:
Yeah, I like that idea. The point of having the level with the avatars was to stop the level feeling like a wall of text. That said, I did like the level - neat gimmick.
Well, the reason I put the whole "level" part of the level at the beginning was so that once the player was able to get past it, they wouldn't have to worry about dying later in the avatar section and thus having to complete the section again. If I split the level section in pieces, like in-between avatar rooms,if the player were to die in the level section that's in-between avatar sections and are not up to some midpoint of any kind, they'd have to start over going through both the level sections and avatar sections, which IMO can be really tedious. Like, unless the in-between levels are really short, and the level itself it short in general, then yeah, I'm totally fine with this.
Blivsey wrote:docopoper's name is misspelled, as well.

Also, my little dude feels so out-of-place to me! Ah well.
Heh, I could never spell his name right on the 1st try.
Also, it's totally fine how your avatar is at the moment, everyone has their own little different art-style and think it makes the level more unique.
Also, we don't really have a consensus on what remix of Levas Polka to use. Wanna take a vote or something?
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

sturgyman wrote:
Also, we don't really have a consensus on what remix of Levas Polka to use. Wanna take a vote or something?
I vote for Shirobon's remix http://youtu.be/9_a_XHaHPhY and I think a bunch of other people wanted that one too.
kil3

Post by kil3 »

I haven't played it but being able to die in random parts of the avatar level sounds kind of annoying. Having the short level section first sounds best
shaman

Post by shaman »

sturgyman wrote:
shaman wrote:
I like the level, but I wish it was just the avatar section, the rest feels too fillerish
also am I missing something or some people aren't in yet? I didn't see SAJewers, Lukaramu, or even raocow himself. Of course I know it's not finished, I just assumed they were placed anywhere haha
I also agree that the music should be changed to the levan polka someone posted somewhere
? Well crud, I'm not sure how to fix it... are they just not showing up?
I'd love it if anyone could help out with this problem, because I really hope the level works for everyone...
exactly, they simply don't show up. tried redownloading ASMBXT dev kit, reloaded, same problem
I had the same problem with the raocow level where there's a virus boss, and the boss didn't show up...
is this videogames?
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

kil3 wrote:
I haven't played it but being able to die in random parts of the avatar level sounds kind of annoying. Having the short level section first sounds best
Maybe, but on the other hand, having so many avatars to talk to all in a row doesn't feel like the best option either. Even as somebody who was interested and involved in the project, I really started to think "geez, how much more of this is there to read?" near the end.

I think it would work better to have them spread out somewhat amidst an actual level, so long as it's on the easy side. Maybe put a midpoint in there too, and if there's a section that's actually somewhat challenging, place it right after the midpoint or right at the start.
I don't really get it but okay
kil3

Post by kil3 »

The problem is probably that people talk too damn much. vOv
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.

Post by docopoper »

My initial thought about the avatars level was that it was going to be some kind of world 1 esque grass land. You've made it much cooler than that - but I the point of having it world 1 difficulty was that you could evenly spread the avatars throughout the level with short interludes of really easy gameplay.

Having the level part at the start doesn't really work from the pallet cleanser perspective.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Now afterwards I realize I was a bit on the pessimistic side... It was my honest first impression and I still stand by it, but on the whole the level has awesome potential and would be a waste to throw away.
Overall I think a tinge of linearity would be for the best if kept in one piece.
On the other hand If you split it up it opens up for "puzzle-rooms" all about the gimmick of positioning the rocks, could work pretty nicely as text-breathers.
fart.
shaman

Post by shaman »

I think the rock gimmick could be explored in the avatar section as well in some way =)
is this videogames?
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

Oooh... Puzzle rooms. That's a pretty good idea. That way you can't fail it. As long as the puzzles aren't too hard. I do like the original level though.

Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I found the rock thing pretty frustrating, only because I expected the level to be kinda short and then I always fell or messed up a throw and had to restart a big portion.
Objectively, it's good, though.

by the way, I love how you incorporated my avatar, since it really goes with my one level perfectly :D
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

Alright here we go.
Before anyone decides to burn me at the stake...

...here's the final (hopefully) version of the Avatar level.

Talkhaus Abode FINAL

Sorry for taking so long!
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

sturgyman wrote:Alright here we go.

Talkhaus Abode FINAL

The start point is in the wrong place.

SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

docopoper wrote:
sturgyman wrote:Alright here we go.

Talkhaus Abode FINAL

The start point is in the wrong place.
Already noticed and fixed.
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

Also - what my avatar says wasn't updated. :(

Sturg

Post by Sturg »

I knew you had something different!

Mind if you can change that SAJewers?
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

sturgyman wrote:I knew you had something different!

Mind if you can change that SAJewers?
Will do, if docopopper tells me what he wants to say.
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

I said it on the previous page. (and you responded to it :P)

Here is a repost:
docopoper wrote:I would like to change my avatar message. I am the pokey in section 5:
Message 1:
If everything you know is based on what your brain is telling you, is all of reality within your brain?

Message 2:
So really your entire life could be a figment of your imagination...

Message 3:
So... Do you have any proof that I exist?

Message 4:

Message 5:
Wait! No!

<then make my avatar disappear with the 'SM Cry' Sound effect>

Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I started making something for a2mbxt.
Music and some graphics from Lemmings.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-743 ... y.rar.html
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

I guess I might repost this here
I've been working on a level for the potential A2MBXT, it's mostly done, but when I turn it to "no turnback" mode the events mess up, in that when the SMB1 axes either despawn or have their layers hidden they act as if they died, does any one have a solution to this.
Here is the level if anyone was wondering.
Darkychao - The Action of Syo & Bon.zip
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch