(shouting)

[ARCHIVED] ASMBXT: Post Levels Here

an SMBX collaboration hack!
freelop

[ARCHIVED] ASMBXT: Post Levels Here

Post by freelop »

You've finished your level?

Good job! Please post it here to avoid getting it lost in the other thread.

Only post levels here! Discussion goes in the level review thread!
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Re: ASMBXT Post Levels Here

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Ok, here's a quick level I did to get used to the engine called "Oh, No! It's Lakitu!". I do kind of like it though and it could work as a finished level.

http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/3285903/file.html

To play it, extract the rar to ...\ASMBXT\main game\worlds\AXMT Dev Episode
Then open it up in the Level Editor and test it.

It's got a working checkpoint, one SMB3 Power Star as the level exit, 5 Yoshi Coins and one hidden 1-up. I've beaten it with Mario & Luigi. I've noticed from playing through that you can cheese parts of it with Toad & Peach as their ability to throw fireballs straight up can take out Lakitu more easily, although there's only some parts of the level where they'll be able to reach him. And it's balanced for Peach because she can't spin jump on spinies. Also played through it a bit with Link and it should be beatable with him too. Obviously I'll go back and change any part of it if it's incompatible with any level design rule we may come up with.

Any suggestions for improvements would be greatly appreciated.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Uh, Where's The Floor?

Two exits, Dragon Coins, and a hidden 1-up. Beaten with the bros, and overall seems mid-gamish but I'm not sure.

It's a forest-type level that's pretty infested with pirahna plants, but if you aren't blinding rushing forward you'll probably not have to worry about most of 'em. Heck, some of them don't come out fast enough if you rush, so there's that, too.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

"Oh, No! It's Lakitu! [Version 2]
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/27229865/file.html

List of Changes:
Section 1
Changed the tileset from SMW grassland to SMB3 grassland and (unless I've missed some) fixed the cutoff
Made the vine room bigger horizontally and vertically and doubled the space between each vine ? box which should make the room less cluttered unless the player is moving very slowly
Replaced the nets with more SMB3 falling platforms (some on short lines)

Section 2
Changed the tileset from SMB underground to SMW cave (with the exception of the moving layers as they look more plausibly winchable with SMB graphics)
Added a powerup to the midpoint area
Added an impassable wall before the first ascending layer to break up the area and force the player to take a warp pipe to a breather area (with a powerup)
Moved the hidden 1-up to the breather area and placed a Toad there to tell the player that there was something hidden there
Covered the warp pipe to the breather area with an ascending layer to familiarize the player with the gimmick of hitting switches to pull layers up
Restricted the number of Lakitus before and after the breather area to 2 each (spiny throwers only)
Completing the breather area puts the player on a new skull raft with 1 Lakitu present (the other one arrives after the first ascending layer
Here Comes Dracula!

Post by Here Comes Dracula! »

Hi.

So here's a very early draft of a thing.

It's a bit all over the place at this point. There are some bits that I'm not happy with, and others that I'm thinking of just scrapping, but I figured I should get some feedback before taking it any further.

Also, I chucked in a placeholder overworld so you don't have to play it from the editor I guess?
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jolpengammler »

Oh Shoot! They shoot!

I made a level! It is about shooting and stuff.
It's pretty difficult, so endgame or sth.
Just try it out and tell me what I have to improve!
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
m4sterbr0s

Post by m4sterbr0s »

http://www.mediafire.com/?72a9iplqpk3nzby

Here is my level. It has 2 stars. I guess I'd consider it mid-gamish. Of course, comments/criticisms very much appreciated. Enjoy!
ParuParu

Re: ASMBXT: Post Levels Here

Post by ParuParu »

This is my first time designing a level and therefore, it might not be so great. I'm sorry if it seems like it's trying to be dark and edgy, that sorta happened by accident... I thought it turned out ok though, and I would like some criticism!

EDIT: I changed the dialogue to be not so dumb. Also, changed the endings to be power stars.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xdumjazyqg1x5u9
Last edited by ParuParu 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Kuribo

Post by Kuribo »

Here's my level. It's pretty straightforward, probably about World 1 difficulty, contains five Dragon Coins and one star. I'm sure there's plenty to improve, so have at it.
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog

Post by Jolpengammler »

Here is an updated version of my level:
Version 1.1 of Oh shoot! They shoot!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Here is my level.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-677 ... s.rar.html
It's a desert/dream level with some custom sprites and terrain, and one ending.
Difficulty is somewhere near mid-game.
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog

Post by Jolpengammler »

Where is my sanity?
The second level I made for this.
The difficulty is pretty high. I don't know where it should belong, so it's up to you guys..

EDIT: This is a newer version, please forget the old one, where I misplaced the starting point, the old version was just a test thing.
Last edited by Jolpengammler 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Trotim

Post by Trotim »

Have a rough WIP level, hope I didn't screw up the zipping or anything, didn't see a "this is how to submit levels guys!!" post:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2536778/raocow ... vacave.rar

Would love feedback, especially curious about the level's length. Should I finish it? (Music is from here by Captain-Jamesman, edited to loop properly)

btw Dropbox is a very nice file hosting service, imo much better and less annoying than many of the file hosting sites I see being used
ParuParu

Post by ParuParu »

I made another level. It's called "Restless Night". It looks relatively difficult but the abundance of powerups makes it more user friendly.

EDIT: Added the 5 durgun coins.
http://www.mediafire.com/?lia1dxwxud99wv6
Here Comes Dracula!

Slight revision of the level I posted the other day.

Changes:
- 2P start now included
- Midpoint placed slightly earlier in the level
- Corridor section broken up into two segments (with a midpoint between them)
- Two chase-patroopas added to the Ludwig fight in an attempt to make it more dynamic/take less time (also added another powerup room before the fight)
- Second Boom-Boom fight replaced with Larry
- Original Larry room removed (key now spawns where the entrance was)
Other Notes:
- To clarify, the toads are intended to be the powerups in this level. Sorry if this caused any confusion.
- I also put in two (currently empty) secret areas. Let me know how you get on with finding them.
- The platforming sections remain more or less unchanged, looking for some feedback on the difficulty here.
- It's currently possible to farm for lives in the lakitu room. I don't know if that's necessarily going to be an issue, because I'm thinking this is going to be a post-game level, but let me know if it is.
So yeah, let me know what you think.
Neurario

Post by Neurario »

Here's a concept level I've worked on in the past that I can adapt for this project. castleattack-old.zip (has some custom music files for the moment.)

This is only part of a level right now, about making your way through an assortment of enemies before reaching the castle itself (which isn't implemented yet in this version, so far it's about the journey), which is submerged deep underground.

Depending on how long the level itself becomes I could stand to make the Castle level itself its own stage.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I... am a terrible level designer... more of a player than a maker. Gave making a try... made this level.

Give it a try and tell me what you think.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o61yk6jvzy8zgdz

Edit: Outdated. Version 2 is below.
Last edited by pholtos 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Level update.
Tree of Broken Memories.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-678 ... s.rar.html

I have fixed the ending and changed the background for the third room. There is also some little differences on enemies and npcs. I consider this level to be done for the moment.

My next level will be located in foresty ruins. Difficulty will be easy.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Here's the first of a few levels I'm crafting

Cloud Nine:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w2bwwndfikfd8oi
-It's supposed to be a early level, maybe world 1 or 2, considering the length and overall difficulty
- Both exits are still pretty much placeholders until we decide on the default way to finish a level and secret exit
- On the subject of secret exit, I hope you enjoy what I made for this one
It's all in place so far, 2 exits, 5 dragon coins, 1P and 2P spawns... I hope there aren't any problems, but if there is, please let me know on the review thread!
Last edited by shaman 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
is this videogames?
Holy

Post by Holy »

So! Here's this thing.
Underbelly:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qw5y4w4xo39eri1
Two exits, five coins of dragon, the like. It's the first level I've ever made so I could use some critique.
EDIT: Fixed it up for the smb3 star reqs, fixed a crazy issue thing
Last edited by Holy 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Dusk209

Post by Dusk209 »

I made a level, but I have no idea what to name it or anything. It's an ice themed level in which I abuse SMBX's crazy shell physics and etc. There are 5 dragon coins, and one exit.

http://www.mediafire.com/?994ii5zfn2zcim6

EDIT: I know the music doesn't loop, but it's mainly a filler because I can't find or make anything that does loop.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Here's version 2 of my level. 2nd half had a major overhaul.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7ldem4hbnk3m1hc

Edit: Someone tell me if there's anything I can improve on this. I may leave it as is but I might update it one more time. Need some feedback.
Last edited by pholtos 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Here's my level: Timed Jumps on Moving Everything.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49070895/Timed ... ything.zip

It's a single segment compact Tick Tock Clock themed level that focuses on precision platforming on moving things. I don't know where to rank the level since I don't know the overall difficulty of the 'hack'.

The level has 3 stars. 2 of the stars are exits. The level has Fire Flowers and Leaves.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

http://www.mediafire.com/?0bvq4yuz5e5dh5w

Alright, here's my level, named Stormy Ascent, loosely based on the (unused) Crash Bandicoot level of the same name.

Keep in mind it's still a rough sketch and a beta: the rain effect is noticeably buggy at times and I think these are engine limitations, I might have to switch to having a rainy background, who knows.

I aimed this level to be more of an end-game level, but I think it might be a smidge too easy for it. Waiting on feedback to improve it.
Here Comes Dracula!

1-1 remakes are such a cliche!
So I remade stage 1-1 of MariAri 2 instead.
Basically just a proof of concept at this point.