(shouting)

ASMBXT Discussion Thread

an SMBX collaboration hack!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: ASMBXT Discussion Thread

Post by raocow »

I'm kind of embarassed by how excited I am about this, haha~
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

raocow wrote:I'm kind of embarassed by how excited I am about this, haha~
Refresh refresh refresh~
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

okay, sorry for being late, but here's Kood's cutscene.
http://www.mediafire.com/?f271cc4c965palw
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

swirlybomb wrote:
Duker wrote:I couldn't help but try to enact this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/561907/ForOthe ... s%20v2.wav .

I added some modulation and other random stuff to make it slightly more epic-y-er, here's the raw for the interested: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/561907/ForOthe ... s%20v1.wav .
SirRonLionheart, is that you??
Well no, but I guess I should take it as a compliment? I'm 'Duker89' on YouTube.
fart.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Download link on the trailer needs to be updated.
shaman

Post by shaman »

I have uploaded the game to mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cb1q5doq0f88jiq
is this videogames?
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

If anybody is interested in my own particular brand of grammar freakery, I've cleaned up the text in the intro sequence here.
kil3

Post by kil3 »

did it work before?
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

There is no way to get out of Murder Death Place Zone's area without a powerup. Also - you can access it from the beginning - which is kind of weird given that it mentions fluffy's quest.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

8flight wrote:how many cut scenes are we making for this game?
There are 4, an intro and a character introduction cutscene for each of the 3 "other" characters (raocow, Sheath, Kood)
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Did we ever put in the modified original credits in?
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

8flight wrote:
darkychao wrote:
8flight wrote:how many cut scenes are we making for this game?
There are 4, an intro and a character introduction cutscene for each of the 3 "other" characters (raocow, Sheath, Kood)
So there's not going to be an ending cutscene :(
There's sort of one built into the end of Final Fight and there is the credits, but if people want something other than that I might be able to make another *final* cutscene.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

I hope this is the right thread for this, and I hope someone else here is using Linux / Wine.
I would've loved to contribute to this collab, however, the SMBX engine didn't run for me under wine. And now that ASMBXT is done, even that won't run under wine. When I try to start it, it opens an empty Windows desktop and then immediately crashes. Maybe there's some sort of easy fix for this that I just haven't found, and maybe there's another person here who managed to get it to run under Wine.
Google Search brought me almost nothing, probably because SMBX isn't exactly a popular engine...
kil3

Post by kil3 »

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same reason the death counter doesn't work. If there are any tricks for getting IE to work in WINE, try those.
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

People who have played the game, in the last 48~ hours.

(that sign in the middle of the sea is someone running an anonymous proxy before anyone asks)
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Whoa, lotta people in my area! I guess I'm not the only one that gets weirded when raocow says "All the way from New Jersey"
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
shaman

Post by shaman »

I think that's missing some data, since myself and a few other friends from around here played the game, and there are no arrows there...
is this videogames?
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

shaman wrote:I think that's missing some data, since myself and a few other friends from around here played the game, and there are no arrows there...
Oh, it is. It takes a while to update. I'm not even there
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Do I not count? :cry: I only played this about an hour or two ago.

EDIT: Oh... Ok.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I'd like to see a better version of that map someday.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I know I've played it offline before.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Hi. I'd like to talk about a world five level in ASMBXT. Specifically, the first one. I got the first star pretty much on my first or fifth try. The second one...took me a bit longer. Longer than I'd care to admit. I'm willing to accept that it's probably past my skill level, and eventually got the star in a way that I'm honestly surprised worked.

But does anyone have a few tricks on how to get it legitimately? Because It has to be possible.
MrWeirdGuy

Post by MrWeirdGuy »

Yay, people are having trouble with my level. :V
The secret exit is definitely up there in difficulty, but it's completely possible. Really, the biggest hint I can give you is just go faster. It's mostly about mastering the level without any powerups, since grabbing a powerup will cost you precious time. One actual hint I can give you is that if you time it right, you can jump off a fish onto the ledge instead of wasting time hitting the note block.
This is my signature because I am a boring individual. Yep.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

MrWeirdGuy wrote:Yay, people are having trouble with my level. :V
The secret exit is definitely up there in difficulty, but it's completely possible. Really, the biggest hint I can give you is just go faster. It's mostly about mastering the level without any powerups, since grabbing a powerup will cost you precious time. One actual hint I can give you is that if you time it right, you can jump off a fish onto the ledge instead of wasting time hitting the note block.
I've figured out all of that, but I can't do that fish thing consistently. I mostly had it down I think, but the end really gives me trouble. How am I supposed to get up before the water drains?
MrWeirdGuy

Post by MrWeirdGuy »

The fish jump isn't mandatory, but I'll see if I can put another fish in the level to make it a bit easier.
At the end, you just can't waste any time dealing with Lakitu. Find a gap, and rush through it.
This is my signature because I am a boring individual. Yep.