an SMBX collaboration hack!
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Re: ASMBXT Discussion Thread

Post by AUS »

darkychao wrote:"Make a Good Level X" would be a good name for a SMBX contest
I don't really agree with that. The name sounds a bit clunky to me. I would suggest "Make a Good X Level."

An "X Level" kinda makes sense. I don't get what a "Level X" is. :P
8flight wrote:
Validon98 wrote:I may not have helped out with ASMBXT, but I definitely would like to help out with A2MBXT once development becomes active, whether for bug testing or level design.
We've decided not to start production till raocows p of asmbxt is over.
Easy, if A2MT is done by the end of this LP, we could get that done by the end of A2MT..and the cycle will continue.

j/k

..Hey, for all the flak A2MT gets..Was ASMWCP2 ever completed? Is that still in a helladevelopment?
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

AUS wrote:ASMWCP2 Is still in a helladevelopment
yes
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

I think they're starting to build hype for it I guess.

And Level X can be a place, like PLANET X.

I think the title for the contest should be "Make a lovely level" contest or MALL.
Just place the x anywhere I don't care.

Also, what's AZCT?
nevermindfoundit
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

If/when the next installment gets made, it should be named ASMBXT: Sequel to the Stupid. Or something.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

GlitchedGhost wrote:If/when the next installment gets made, it should be named ASMBXT: Sequel to the Stupid. Or something.
Why not A2MBXT: A Sequel to the Prelude.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

A2MBXT: That which wanders onward a direction.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

I just realized that I never added myself as the cutscene creator to the ending credits.
and now I'm not sure exactly what a proper title for that would be...
I came up with a couple that didn't seem to fit...
  • Story and Cutscene Producer
  • Head Playwright
  • Director of Plot
  • Original Story Design
pls hlp
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

puppetmaster
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

raocow wrote:puppetmaster
I second that.
kil3

Post by kil3 »

Spelling Master

im basically a huge asshole
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

If you want to be silly, I say Puppet Master works

If you want to be serious, I think Original Plot Design works best
maybe
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

I think Cutscene Designer makes the most sense. Because seriously, what plot? :P
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

That's a good point. I vote Cutscene Designer.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

docopoper wrote:I think Cutscene Designer makes the most sense. Because seriously, what plot? :P
There not being a plot makes it all the funnier to be called a Plot Designer or w/e something mentioning plot. This is not a suggestion, this is just a point I am making!
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

So, I've got a few questions considering world 8 levels.

1.) Where do I find the secret exit of the Frozen Key Factory? I did notice some higher ledge in the second to last area (after the crusher room) but no way to get up there.

2.) Where are the two other leeks in Test Chamber M? I finished it normally, defeated Birdo and got to that house/ castle. I see that there's a locked door but I have no idea how to open it since I don't have a key nor do I have any clue where the third exit might be.

3.) How are you supposed to win the Quick Man level with Sheath? There's one laser quite early on in the stage and I just do not run fast enough to escape it. What am I supposed to do here?

4.) How am I supposed to win Tunnel? My running speed stops automatically when I jump from those ledges with spikey forms. Plus I don't get that slide near the start. When I run up to it and then duck in order to slide down the hill Demo doesn't get fast enough but sometimes it works. How can I actually make my sliding attempts successfull?
kil3

Post by kil3 »

Slit08 wrote:So, I've got a few questions considering world 8 levels.

1.) Where do I find the secret exit of the Frozen Key Factory? I did notice some higher ledge in the second to last area (after the crusher room) but no way to get up there.

2.) Where are the two other leeks in Test Chamber M? I finished it normally, defeated Birdo and got to that house/ castle. I see that there's a locked door but I have no idea how to open it since I don't have a key nor do I have any clue where the third exit might be.

3.) How are you supposed to win the Quick Man level with Sheath? There's one laser quite early on in the stage and I just do not run fast enough to escape it. What am I supposed to do here?

4.) How am I supposed to win Tunnel? My running speed stops automatically when I jump from those ledges with spikey forms. Plus I don't get that slide near the start. When I run up to it and then duck in order to slide down the hill Demo doesn't get fast enough but sometimes it works. How can I actually make my sliding attempts successfull?
1) I don't remember. It's really dumb though. Try doing really dumb stuff like going in random pipes you can't quite reach normally..

2) After you defeat birdo, go back, not forward. Probably you can figure out the rest.

3) The lasers are triggered by collecting certain coins. You have to wait for the koopas to pass and then jump in. Really it makes no sense and kinda ruins the flow of a good level.

4) Just keep trying until you figure the physics out. It's not all that hard after awhile. Try to not use the green sister.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

kil3 wrote:
Slit08 wrote:So, I've got a few questions considering world 8 levels.

4) Just keep trying until you figure the physics out. It's not all that hard after awhile. Try to not use the green sister.
Tunnel was made Demo Only, so no need to worry about that. But yeah, it's a matter of learning the SMBX physics.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Man, do I really need 133 leeks to reach the Postgame world? Does that mean I have to finish every single level before?

Cause if that's the case there's no postgame world for me since I am simply not able to finish every stage due to some levels being unplayable. Both "Much to Do around Lava" and the Charlie level (world 6) behave odd. The skulls in the lava level are way too fast as is Charlie in the world 6 level.

Also "Synthetic Nightmares" in world 7 does not work at all since the game crashes whenever I try to play this level!
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Slit08 wrote:Man, do I really need 133 leeks to reach the Postgame world? Does that mean I have to finish every single level before?

Cause if that's the case there's no postgame world for me since I am simply not able to finish every stage due to some levels being unplayable. Both "Much to Do around Lava" and the Charlie level (world 6) behave odd. The skulls in the lava level are way too fast as is Charlie in the world 6 level.

Also "Synthetic Nightmares" in world 7 does not work at all since the game crashes whenever I try to play this level!
The speed bugs are caused by Windows using a "," to denote decimals rather than a "." This might also be the cause of the game crashing. Read the file "crashing.txt" included with the game for instructions on how to fix this.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

That requirement should be rounded down to 130 so that more people could see the credits.
kil3

Post by kil3 »

Be glad you don't need 132 to beat world 8 anymore. Also if the game is broke, you might as well cheat yourself the extra leeks in the level editor. Nothing you can do about it.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Willhart wrote:That requirement should be rounded down to 130 so that more people could see the credits.
You know, that really would be nice. Say what you will about having rewards for 100% completion, but it's a bit silly to have an entire world's worth of levels stowed away like that.

'sides, some people may have issues with getting certain leeks. I'm terrible at DDR, so I spent untold amounts of time at Demo Dance Mix, and Frozen Phony Key Factory gives me a big headache every time I play it because of the wall graphics and the way my computer handles motion. (And I was able to come out of Fluffy Quest feeling perfectly fine, so that means it's really bad.) Plus, getting all the leeks means expecting the player to find the one in World 7 where the only hint to its existence is "it is somewhere in one of these levels but you don't know which one." Sure, it's easy enough to stumble across, but... still.
I don't really get it but okay
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

I say keep the post game how it is. Locked away for those who beat the game 100%.

I mean, it's ridiculously hard right? They should be able to 100% the game if they're going to be able to even beat the post game.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Octagon
zentraidon
Pronouns: she

Post by Octagon »

AUS wrote:I say keep the post game how it is. Locked away for those who beat the game 100%.

I mean, it's ridiculously hard right? They should be able to 100% the game if they're going to be able to even beat the post game.
This unfortunately means that among those who aren't willing to change their global system settings and potentially cause other bugs in more important applications, reallyjoel's dad is the only one able to access the postgame - and I hope it isn't that hard.
Image WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I actually have been planning to change the speed of Charlie in Charlie's revenge to a round number. As for Much to do around lava, just just go into the much to do around lava folder and delete npc-190.txt
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB