(shouting)

ASMBXT Discussion Thread

an SMBX collaboration hack!
adamwcz

Re: ASMBXT Discussion Thread

Post by adamwcz »

cheez8 wrote:I have to wonder, it it at all possible to make a layer attached to the player character, the same way other levels have layers attached to rotodiscs and firebar segments? If so, it would probably help to create a wall of invisible blocks at the left edge of the screen in Charlie's Revenge.
What about an invisible paratroopa set to friendly and on chase mode, with an insanely fast speed? It might stay on top of the player, but I haven't tried it and don't know much about the paratroopa chase AI, so who knows!
If it actually works, then the paratroopa will always be on top of the player thanks to the speed, and the layer would be attached to it, simulating the layer being attached to the player.

There are probably things that could go wrong with that, but you could try it and see if it works out!

Edit: Actually, I don't believe that would work :[ the layer would probably zoom around the screen. I was imagining the paratroopa would be quick enough to stay in the player's hitbox. I can think of problems happening when going through pipes too.

A bad idea is better than no idea, so you might as well try it out!
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

kil3 wrote:I just have no idea how anyone's supposed to find it. Even if you manage to find that room, the key doesn't spawn unless you stand there for awhile. It seems to just be a raocoin room. You're far more likely to go searching everywhere else in the huge level first. But the author is aware of it and wants it that way, so changing it would be rather communist.
I didn't say that I wanted it that way, feel free to change that room SAJewers and just turn it into a springboard spawning room. Also, finding the pipe that leads to the room isn't very hard to find...

Also, I'm pretty sure there's a few audio glitches in the level at the moment...
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

OK, I haven't played thiss level. What di I need to change and where? :?

EDIT: NVM, I see.

EDIT2: OK, I added a coin in the secret area that people should see. If they cant find a springboard, it should clue them into bringing in a blue yshi. I also a ? made of coins and a springboard to the conveyer belt (at the end, so it should be unpickupable) to section 3, which should make people think and stay in that area longer.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

Actually hold on...

e: Okay, so I've modified the level for the better.
Change log:
-Easier to locate secret exit
-Fixed sound errors
-Got rid of some enemies and spikes to decrease difficulty
-Some other stuff
Just replace the current LVL file with this one here and it should be good!
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
kil3

Post by kil3 »

bah, knew I should've kept my mouth shut. I wanted to see raocow rage at that 8-)
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

so mean
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Darn well, you get to see me rage at it. That's gotta count for something right. video iup in a little while

Although in all seriousness, I'm glad you made the level a bit easier.
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

Haha, so I just watched the video, heh.
In the new update I got rid of a LOT of spikes and added a mushroom in that darn ol' piston room, including the "dick designer one." Plus, I just made the room fairly easier enemy wise. I also made the secret exit more noticeable and easier to find. It was originally the way it was because I a lot of my design ideas come from DKC2, with the whole DK coin thing, but now it's much easier.

I kinda wish you replayed the level to see if there's a difference now but I kinda don't want you to go through the whole level again :? .

Btw, I'm totally fine with you moving the starting point.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

sturgyman wrote:Haha, so I just watched the video, heh.
In the new update I got rid of a LOT of spikes and added a mushroom in that darn ol' piston room, including the "dick designer one." Plus, I just made the room fairly easier enemy wise. I also made the secret exit more noticeable and easier to find. It was originally the way it was because I a lot of my design ideas come from DKC2, with the whole DK coin thing, but now it's much easier.

I kinda wish you replayed the level to see if there's a difference now but I kinda don't want you to go through the whole level again :? .

Btw, I'm totally fine with you moving the starting point.
Okay, thanks, That's good. Also I'm planning on, after the series is over, replaying all the levels I moved the starting points on legit style so I'll replay your level. Might not be until the summer when I have more time but anyways yeah.