(shouting)

News

Where Talkhaus users can plot our eventual takeover of the world. But not really.
devil†zukin

Re: News

Post by devil†zukin »

Doctor Shemp wrote:Superb Demo Sisters came out yesterday. I figure that since I can count the number of people who still check its subforum on one hand, it's necessary to spread the word around a bit.

Trailer

Here's what you get in SDS:
  • A main game consisting of 32 SMB1-style levels, with unprecedented accuracy for SMBX thanks to LunaDLL (e.g. no spinjumping, no reserve items, no scrolling lakitus to death).
  • Great levels from the well-known A2XT: Episode 1 level designers like aterraformer, Axon, Doctor Shemp, Holy & WestonSmith as well as other talkhausers.
  • Complete the main game to unlock Hard Mode: the 32 levels from the main game as remixed by swirlybomb to be considerably harder.
  • Completing the main game also unlocks Challenge World, the 8 hardest levels we could come up with.
  • Completing game modes will also unlock additional playable characters besides the Superb Demo Sisters.
  • Lastly, you get a full colour 9-page manual, including art and bestiary.
Bottom line, SDS is rockin', and you should go download it.
release thread:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=15054
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

on a trial basis, users can now specify their own user title

known as "flair", the profile setting can be modified in your user control panel
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

the ANNUAL (or more often, guaranteed) video game music contest number FIVE is here:

*drum roll*

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15144
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

bwarch is looking for some talkhauser cooperation for his new LP project Shining Force 2

if you wanna be the namesake of a character or maybe even do some voice acting for the editing there's more information below

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5228&start=1075#p266015
Bwarch wrote:Okey dokie everybody, I've been tossing around the idea of a new project and I'm going to need some input from you fellas on it. First off, the plan is to LP Shining Force 2, an SRPG from the Sega Genesis. It's a game about having a team of badass fighters that you get to name and fight battles with and go on an adventure with.

Here's the full list(I think): http://fantasyanime.com/shiningforce/sf2char.htm

Now obviously I think the funnest route is to name the characters after Talkhausers. I get to be Bowie, everything else is up for whatever. So if you want your name to be on one of these fellas, go ahead and grab it. If you want to volunteer somebody for a chara, go ahead and volunteer them. If you'd rather not muck up the thread with name suggestions feel free to PM me, but I don't mind either way.

Chara slot list
Bowie - Bwarch
Sarah
Chester
Jaha - BKamakaze
Kazin
Slade
Kiwi
Peter
May
Gerhalt
Luke
Rick
Elric
Rhode
Karna
Tyrin
Randolf
Eric
Janet
Higins
Skreech
Taya
Frayja
Jaro
Gyan
Sheela
Zynk
Claude
Chaz
Lemon
Not first come first serve, more just going to leave final decisions up to myself.

Second off is the exact format I'm thinking of for the show. I think doing it straight would be really, really boring as RPGs tend to be. So a fair bit of editing will be required to make this work. And in fact I was almost considering having other VAs star in this thing to voice the characters. Ever see an Abridged series? Yugioh Abridged, Dragonball Z abridged? I was pretty much thinking of taking that as a huge inspiration for how to go about the project. I don't know the first thing about grabbing VAs and probably nobody would be interested, but if I get enough interest from just Talkhaus peeps I could try something that way. So if you'd like to voice a character (Doesn't have to be one you want your name for, can be one your voice would be suited for) hit me up.

I'm thinking that it would be fun to just straight up change the lines, come up with a script and have peeps voice the new lines and send them to me.

Depending upon how much interest there is in voicing I could do it that way, if not too many peeps are interested I'll just have to think of a different format for it. Feel free to make suggestions for Plan Bs.

This is something I'm just mulling around in my head, maybe it happens and maybe it doesn't, maybe some huge changes to the plan could be made. Also keep in mind when submitting names that there are only a select amount of characters that can fit in the party, so some people won't see action at all. Like Kiwi for example, I probably won't be running Kiwi at all. (Bad ass character if you can promote him, but a pain in the ass to promote)