(shouting)

A problem with A2MT...

we don't need no edu - I mean, these threads, anymore.
Cmbheadquarters

A problem with A2MT...

Post by Cmbheadquarters »

Guys, I've noticed something really bad....

Remember in ASMT, raocow was nearly blind to the whole thing? Well, this time he isn't. Like he said back in May, he is way to close to this project.

Also the managment is a little bit.... I dunno how to say it. I think SMWCP2's idea is better, and we should be stricter. We should also be planning out the final rom as well.

Plus, now Proffesor Dimitri is gone, we don't know where any of the patches are stored, or what have you.

Basicly, everything's a bit "All over the place"
S.N.N.

Re: A problem with A2MT...

Post by S.N.N. »

Cmbheadquarters wrote:Plus, now Proffesor Dimitri is gone, we don't know where any of the patches are stored, or what have you.
The closest person to a leader you have right now is limepie. If he's willing to do everything related to the base ROM (inserting stuff, tweaking things, whatever else is necessary), you may be fine. If he doesn't want to do this, then you'll once again need to find another base ROM overseer. Not going to lie though, whoever takes up the ROM as this point will have it even harder than ProfessorDemetri did. Like I said, the more this ROM gets tossed around, the thinner the knowledge of its inner workings get spread, and that alone is a recipe for disaster.

How you guys want to address this will be interesting to see. That is, will you try to finish all of the levels first and then piece it all together (which could ultimately end in a lot of broken stuff), or will you halt the progress of level insertions until you have everything back on track (which could ultimately lead to more delays). Either way, there will be a downside - it's just a matter of finding the one that will have the least negative effect.
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

I dunno which patches you're referring to directly, but Chibikko and I have compiled them all together just a few days ago and Limepie should be able to create the next base rom from it without too much difficulty. We've also added some extra features to it, but you'll see later. :P So for the assembler stuff it is mostly covered at the moment, as for the rest I can't really say.

That said, with only 6 free levels remaining, according to asmtinfo, we're getting pretty far into the development of the individual levels... Provided that everybody who has a claimed level will finish it. But yeah, if you look at the number of inserted levels so far, we're only at 46% so that leaves a lot of work.

I dunno who is going to work on the remaining "talkhaus" levels, though. There's still other stuff: Overworld, intro screen, ending and anything else that comes into mind.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I don't know where everyone got the idea that Demetri was the 'baserom overseer'. The whole time Demetri was the leader, all he did was the tweaks in the final tweaking thread but I took care of inserting levels and inserting the patches. It may take a bit for me to catch up on what Demetri didn't do in the final tweaking thread but after that, the baserom won't be a problem for me, as it never has.

Also, yeah smwcp is stricter but they have a lot of people that want to make a level for the hack. If I just start taking peoples levels once a week, we wouldn't be left with a lot. I do know what you mean and I would like to enforce stricter deadlines sometime in the future but I'd like to get more levels inserted first. I mean, as long as they're cleared in the end, that's fine, right?
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

We shouldn't summon problems where there are none.
The way I see it right now, stuff is working, sure it could be faster, but it's working.

Well, limepie, you're the one who knows who is actually working.

Basically, let's not talk about progress problems and why those exist all over again.
Cmbheadquarters

read my first point.
Servant

Post by Servant »

There's no way to "solve" that first point though, especially since this is his hack. raocow will just have to deal with that problem.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Cmb, I think you just stole that out of raocow's mouth because you didn't explain or back-up anything. How are we supposed to discuss that?
Cmbheadquarters

Servant wrote:There's no way to "solve" that first point though, especially since this is his hack. raocow will just have to deal with that problem.
I like to think of it as our hack.

and Lime, His LP won't be a good as ASMT, because he's seen tons of the levels before. The only thing he don't know is the plot...
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

An obvious observation is TSRP2 (second time round) is a very good lp and not at all blind (maybe even better because of that).

If you're worried about **The LP** you have your priorities fucked up. Just because you're creaming yourself at the thought of the Rao!-action shot to '2 girls, 1 cup' or whatever stupid shit you put in your level specially for the first night wow doesn't mean other people are going to adore it (look at ASMT's Rao!-ferences that fell flat).
dont wanna jihad no more
Cmbheadquarters

Okay, I think that it should stay like this. Why? Because it makes it better, strange even, which I love about ASMT. (I wasn't part of it.)

The only thing wrong is the people who are being lazy. If they can't do it, then why don't they pass it on.

oh yeah, and morsel? Calm down.
keckcellent

Post by keckcellent »

I'm not saying that A2MT needs a "leader" here but I do have someone in mind that I would like to suggest. I get the impression that we're going to try to run things as is now but if we ever need someone to step up and take on additional responsibilities, I would like to suggest Diortem. Diortem is relatively new to this project so he hasn't been there for the beginning but in those months, I think he has stepped up and become an important part of this project. If you want to get a sense of the effort he provides, take a look at how much work he put into the README for the treasure chest sprite. Well written and thorough and that was just the supplement to the main work. The testing thread always needs people and everyone is guilty of not providing enough support but he is one of the people I see more frequently and does provide useful feedback (moreso than SUX or ITS GOOD).

So, even in that likely scenario where we don't need that extra help, I think it is important to at least recognize Diortem's contributions to this project. Good job & Round of applause. :D

Also, as for the raocow aspect, I can't speak for him but I'm sure he is involving himself as much as he feels necessary. I use spoiler threads whenever necessary but however much he wants to learn, he'll learn.
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

Thanks for the thumb ups, but I'm not doing that much specifically. Rather things have slowed down compared to say a year ago... That is, if I go back some pages through most of the threads there just was a lot more activity from a more people.

I rather think the game lost some of its momentum in development. Maybe because it has been for such a long time, and responsibilities have shifted from person to person more than a few times. I don't think we're doing bad otherwise, just to emphasize on that a bit:
Miyamoto wrote:A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever