(shouting)

Shared Resources?

we don't need no edu - I mean, these threads, anymore.
ProfessorDemetri

Shared Resources?

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

So guys, I think I got a pretty good plan!
Seeing as music slots, and map16 slots are starting to get abit few and far between, I was thinking that we should be sharing them amongst each other.
If we have something that's in one level, that could work in another level, then why not use it? Graphics, music, exgfx, mix and match, I say!
I don't really see a problem with this, as long as someone hasn't made like custom graphics, or ripped something specifically for this project, we'd have to get permission.
Or maybe you just want some graphics to be part of something on a one shot type of deal. That's fine.

I guess what I mean to say is this.
If you want to share your resources, graphics, map16, exgfx, music, asm, whatever, then please come into this thread, and show us what you got! Just post pictures of them, or links to them when you post, and when I get more then just me willing to share, then I'll categorize them into sections.

If you're looking for something interesting, need a BG? Or maybe some music? Look here!! We got it!

(Still under construction... editing right now... give me a minute lulz)
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
Lobster_Horde

Re: Shared Resources?

Post by Lobster_Horde »

Also, if you've claimed a spot for it, let us know which one so that people making their levels can download the files, look up the proper place for them, and insert them in the place they will be when the hack is complete.

For example, I'll use the music I'm using in my level (not made by me, but I think we are allowed to freely use music and such from SMWCentral)

So, I submit my music(http://www.smwcentral.net/download.php? ... type=music) to the thread and look up what music slot I've got claimed for it(in this case, 6A). Joe Random decides he wants to use it, but without me telling him where it will be inserted in the final product, he has any number of music slots to insert it into, and odds are he will choose the wrong one, meaning he's gonna have to change his level's music slot later or have totally different music playing in his level. However, since I posted my slot along with the files, he knows the correct place to insert it.

So anyway, my contribution:
Music:
The Ground's Color is Yellow
http://www.smwcentral.net/download.php? ... type=music
Slot 6A
I think this is a happy song that would do well with a fast-paced nature level.

Map16: Stuff with layer priority enabled marked with *. Stuff that may possibly become something else or be completely unused marked with a ?.
Let me know if you want the map16 page.
Let me know if you want the map16 page.
Page1D.png (24.51 KiB) Viewed 4163 times
*1D00 - 1D01: Branch that appears in front of Demo rather than behind.
1D02-1D05: Large trees that appear behind Demo.
*1D06-1D07: Large tree part, set to appear in front of demo and act as a concrete block. For when there's something behind a tree.
*1D08, 1D0A,1D0B: Horizontal log tiles that go in front of Demo.
?1D09: Likely going to end up unused. Does show my heart graphic if you wanted to see it.
*1D0C: Small tree part that acts as water, meant to be used if a tree is in front of water.
?1D0D: Decorative door.
*1D0E: Vertical log part set to use horizontal palette.
1D0F-1D11: Vertical log parts set to use horizontal palette.
*1D12: That one tile that has to go under a triangle, made to look like a horizontal log.
*1D13: Small tree part that acts as water surface, meant to be used if a tree is in front of water.
*1D14: Small tree part, set to appear in front of demo and act as a concrete block. For when there's something behind a tree.
1D15: Top of a climbing net with the net removed. Just a decoration.
*1D16: Small tree part, set to appear in front of demo and act as a ledge. For when there's something behind a tree.
1D17,1D19,1D1D:Single color blocks that turn solid when a blue p-switch is hit.
1D18,1D1A,1D20,1D21: Single color blocks that never turn solid.
1D1C,1D1E: Single color blocks that turn solid when an on-off switch is hit.
1D1B: Well, it's a green turn block that acts as a ledge.
?1D1F:A single color block I ended up not using.
I also have a custom 1x1 graphic of a heart I made, although the only exgfx page I'm inserting it into only has vanilla graphics, so you would probably just be better of making your own heart if you need one. However, it's there, so if anybody really wants it, just PM me.