(shouting)

TOO MANY STICKIES AAAAAA

we don't need no edu - I mean, these threads, anymore.
Money

TOO MANY STICKIES AAAAAA

Post by Money »

I dunno where to post this so I'll just make a topic for it
This forum has WAY too many stickies. It completely buries all the other topics that aren't stickied.
I suggest we unsticky most of the topics that are stickied besides maybe the level testing/clearing/submissions threads and the announcements thread.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: TOO MANY STICKIES AAAAAA

Post by raocow »

Can I ask why? all the threads on page two are like super out of date so...
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Problem is, most of these are needed. There are a couple of them that can probably be merged, honestly (Level Clearing/Submissions, ASM general help/Sprites/Blocks general help), but the rest are fine.
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

You guys shoulda saw it a week ago... don't you guys remember? It was even more then we have now...
Granted, sprites/asm/blocks sure can be merged, I'll get on it.
And maybe the submissions and clearing, but I'd really like the testing forum to stay as is, because if it's not, the submissions and clearing will get totally buried by all the small tweaking posts of the testing thread...
Also, yeah, the second page is pretty much out of date things anyway.
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
Money

Post by Money »

but there are some things that aren't out of date and are not stickied (plot thread, for example)
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Speaking of which, why isn't the base ROM thread stickied?
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

ProfessorDemetri wrote:And maybe the submissions and clearing, but I'd really like the testing forum to stay as is, because if it's not, the submissions and clearing will get totally buried by all the small tweaking posts of the testing thread...
It is in my honest opinion that the "submissions" thread, under the assumption that this is where the "cleared" levels are posted, is ultimately useless. Once a level has been cleared, I would hope it's ready for insertion. Wouldn't it be easier to just send off the level and resources to whoever is doing the inserting and nullify the submissions thread completely? At the very least, it might make things easier on the designers and intimidate them less with some of those stickies.

Shrug.
keckcellent

Post by keckcellent »

So here's my opinions on the threads and where they should be. I know I'm a week late with this but there are some things that definetely don't need to be stickied and one or two things that should.

1. IPS Dredge - this is my little baby but I don't feel that this needs to be stickied. If anything, posting a link in either the signup thread or the testing & development thread should be more than enough.
2. Sprites & Blocks - Yes, keep this stickied. I have no opinion on whether it should be merged or not.
3. Announcements - Yes, obviously
4. Signups - another obvious yes
5. Testing & Dev - Yes
6. A2MT Discussion - Yes
7. Music Discussion - Yes
8. Treasure Chest and Stuff - I appreciate the hard work being put into the chest but I don't think it needs to be stickied, at least not anymore. If something happens, the thread will float to the top of the nonstickied.
9. Level Clearing - No opinion - I've found the Level Clearing feedback I've received more as helpful as the Testing Feedback and adapted my level to suit the feedback before submissions so I don't think that Clearing & Submissions should be together.
10. ASM Request - I don't really use it so I can't say.
11. Graphics Discussion/Requests - Yes
12. Level Submissions - Unsure of this - I can see both sides.
13. Patch discussion/request - Kind of redudant at this point, at least redundant enough to be unstickied.
14. Final Tweaking - its too new. Lets see how this goes.
15. TWO MANY STICKIES - Yes. Just kidding.
16. A2MT Plot Thread - Another no opinion. Plot isn't my thing.
17. Level Names - No, but it'll be nice if this stays close to the top of the unstickied.
18. SMBX Content Replacement - Personally, I think this belongs in its own subfolder. I don't know if we'll get this project rolling or not. Of course I'd like to see it but its no priority for me.
19. ROM Help thread - Can we combine this with the BASE ROM thread?
20. What are we even doing? - The thread is over. No need to sticky of course
21. The Overworld - it'll be stickied someday. Just not now.
22. Show & Tell - I like the idea of this. I don't think it needs to be stickied but it may need a bump now and then.
23. Base ROM Inclusions - Yes, if you combine with ROM Help thread.
24. a2mt - where are we at? - Many other threads that serve this purpose.
25. SMBX Engine remake - see above (18)
26. A2MT Information Manager - this is the only one I don't get. It should be stickied. It especially shouldn't be on Page 2.
27. A2MT Progression - see 24
28. Stage Props - Will probably be stickied someday, just not now.
29. Current Wiki Situation - another thread thats no longer necessary I think
30. Switch Palaces - I think the basic information from this thread needs to be put somewhere but it doesn't need to go anywhere.
31. Music Options - way out of date.
32. A2MT Level Ideas - I'll put a link to this thread in my IPS Dredge thread. Otherwise, no sticky.
33. The Manual - Another thread that'll be useful later but not now (I think)
34. The bonus game - I don't know the status of it but I don't think it needs to be stickied
35. Newcomers Message - old thread, may still be relevant
36. Title Screen - to be stickied later
37. A2MT's INtro - combine with Title Screen
38. Special World - dead thread.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I removed IPS Dredge, the Treasure Chest thread, and Level Submissions. I never thought they should be stickied.