(shouting)

Current Wiki/CMS Situation

we don't need no edu - I mean, these threads, anymore.
VideoGuy

Current Wiki/CMS Situation

Post by VideoGuy »

TL;DR - Don't panic. It's probably nothing.

So I found out that asmtinfo.co.cc hasn't been accessible for some time. At first I figured it was something with the web host (being free, I don't expect 100% uptime). I went to check the control panel, since they usually post messages about technical issues there, when I got a message saying the domain wasn't pointing to the server. In English, that means it was the fault of CO.CC. So I checked my account there, and I got this:
http://i.imgur.com/FTO6V.png

Blocked? What does that mean? Well...
http://i.imgur.com/pQcvD.png

Now as far as I know, the site doesn't violate any of those guidelines, so I'm going to contact their customer support to ask them what's going on. Chances are I'll get it restored, although the process is probably going to be a bit painful.

I should probably note this is just the name that's affected, not the site info itself. All of the information is still there, we just can't access it, if that makes any sense.

I'll keep you posted here, but in the meantime I'll try and figure out a way we can still access the data, because I have no idea how long the site's going to be down.
Last edited by VideoGuy 13 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Accepting any and all ASM requests for A2MT. Just send me a PM.
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Also the creator of the new A2MT CMS. PM me if you have any questions.
Youtube Channel
ProfessorDemetri

Re: Current Wiki/CMS Situation

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

So checked the wiki... What is this I don't even?

If you are going to violate our TOS, please read this text until it's not too late!
Do not waste your time with 000webhost.com, if you are going to upload any illegal website here! All content is manually reviewed by humans, so if we will detect anything illegal, your account will be terminated. So don't waste your time in promoting your scams, hacking websites, or anything else malicious - your account will be terminated in 5 minutes after we will receive first abuse report or anything abusive will be detected by our staff. We also report all illegal activity to the local and international authorities.

Huh?
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
O-Card
what are you doing here
Pronouns: he/el

Post by O-Card »

way to take that out of context

it's basically a "we don't want any of that weird stuff in here, just in case you didn't read the TOS"
talkhaus: the singening
you must sing
MAFIA
yo yo yo play the game
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

Well, it's time I told you guys the whole story.

Remember how I thought there would be no data loss? Well, there wouldn't have been, except for the fact that the domain took so long to be reinstated, that the web host declared my account inactive and deleted it.

...yeah.

But it's still not the end of the world! I have a backup up of all the information on my hard drive, which is from...January....*sigh*. But thanks to the forum and how everything is set up, fixing this should only be a matter of going through the Signups and Requesting thread to change everything that's been requested over the last few months.

I'm hoping to have everything done by the end of the week, which unfortunately is the best I can do.

The good side of all this is that it forced Daxterspeed and I to finish up the Wiki/CMS 2.0, which is going to have a much nicer design and have a bunch of new features, which hopefully will make things easier (one of them is an auto-backup...I learned my lesson).
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Youtube Channel
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

VideoGuy wrote:The good side of all this is that it forced Daxterspeed and I to finish up the Wiki/CMS 2.0, which is going to have a much nicer design and have a bunch of new features, which hopefully will make things easier (one of them is an auto-backup...I learned my lesson).
I can confirm these facts. How he actually forced me to do this is according to the government confidential.

There is a screenshot of it too (albeit, it's a little outdated), right here http://i.imgur.com/BIG0N.png
You'll notice that it looks way less complicated, and thanks to VideoGuy, editing this little thing should be incredibly easy.
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

VideoGuy wrote:Well, it's time I told you guys the whole story.

Remember how I thought there would be no data loss? Well, there wouldn't have been, except for the fact that the domain took so long to be reinstated, that the web host declared my account inactive and deleted it.

...yeah.

But it's still not the end of the world! I have a backup up of all the information on my hard drive, which is from...January....*sigh*. But thanks to the forum and how everything is set up, fixing this should only be a matter of going through the Signups and Requesting thread to change everything that's been requested over the last few months.

I'm hoping to have everything done by the end of the week, which unfortunately is the best I can do.

The good side of all this is that it forced Daxterspeed and I to finish up the Wiki/CMS 2.0, which is going to have a much nicer design and have a bunch of new features, which hopefully will make things easier (one of them is an auto-backup...I learned my lesson).
The only difference from Jan as far as insertion data is all of my level is inserted (I am in the middle of inserting everything since the last update, but I hit a snag and had some personal issues and am behind)
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

This is outdated but it is something. This is the only thing I backed up myself.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

Actually chdata, do you have the .png's that were originally on the story page? I think I have most of the content set, but Google doesn't cache those things, so if you have those it would be helpful.

Also if anyone has the images that were on the manual page, I could use those too.
Youtube Channel
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

I'm the one who uploaded the pngs so yeah I still have them.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Out of curiosity, how's progress going on this here thang?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

Getting everything in a working state ended up taking a bit longer than I expected, mainly due to school taking up more time in my day than I expected. But I'm hoping to get it up by this Friday, hopefully for real this time.

Sorry for the delay everyone. :oops:
Youtube Channel
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Eh, it's fine, it's fine.

It's that as soon as the new manager site is up, I'll make a 'rebirth' video, where we're basically going to official enact a strict deadline and all that, in the hopes of getting this thing the last kick in the pants it needs (if everyone is as close to finishing their level as they say, at least)
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

What all this situation kind of reminds me of:
A slow working computer.
Like, you get more and more stuff and then there are too many old threads and level creators don't reply anymore and then there are mods busy and then there is everyone else busy and then the CMS doesn't work anymore and lists and stuff aren't updated anymore.
And all the thign gets more and more patchy and you lose track of everything.

Know what I mean?

I hope the new CMS will weed all the old stuff out a bit and maybe have some reliable, easy to get information, instead of thousand vague suggestions and plans you have to search out of tons of posts.

I'm optimistic, A2MT will still be fun and come to completion.
VideoGuy

Re: Current Wiki/CMS Situation [UPDATE: IT'S UP]

Post by VideoGuy »

http://asmtinfo.co.cc/

Welp! There you go. It's not 100% yet, but this should give everyone access to the information they need to keep going on the project.

Now what I really need from everyone at this point is to check your own records and see if what you think you have is listed on the site. If it's not listed, don't panic. I figure I have quite a few conflicting records to fix before this thing is finalized. But hopefully this is a start.

raocow, if you want to make a video, please tell people something like that, just to check what they think they have so I can fix any incorrect information.

Please post any issues here, NOT Signups and Requesting. If you want to request something new, post it there and not here. I'm just trying to keep the process as smooth as possible, since it's a very difficult transition.
Youtube Channel
raocow

Re: Current Wiki/CMS Situation [UPDATE: EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Post by raocow »

Oh man, look at that beautiful thing~!

If I can suggest something, is to have a copy of the latest baserom on the front page. But otherwise, hey hey!

I'll make a 'rebirth' video tomorrow, I'll explain that while simultaneously kicking people in the butt.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

How do I log in?

Also, it looks really nice and a lot more intuitive.
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

At the moment you can't, since not all of the back-end functionality is in place yet. I'll take care of maintenance for the first few days until I finish everything up, but I'll let you know when that's working again.
Youtube Channel
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

Osh what did you do with my sidebar?

Oh well, give me ftp later and I'll try to fix your weird edits :/ (Also, cool, it's up.)
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Wow, this will help a lot!
In the Music and Map16 tables there is almost everything pending,
I know some of the submitted levels had their music and stuff with it, so some of these are at least submitted.
It's really good that raocow read all those names, that should help more than talking to the group as a whole.
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

Glad to have this back up again! Though, the resource list seems to be a bit outdated, as I was going to find a few extra sprite slots for my next level and noticed that the resources I already had for that level (it was "Demo Kong Country" the current level D) weren't entered (they were on the old CMS).
So, should everyone post the resources they're currently using so it can be added to the database?
Yoshi Ambassador!
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yes. If you see that something's not right, tell us.
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

Well, I guess this goes here:

The level list still shows me having level 00D, while I actually have level 007.
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

Okay, so a few more updates today.

* The Lost Levels page is now fully editable. It was technically before, but now it's easier.
* I added a column saying 'Reported?' to the levels page. You can use this as a checklist, since the deadline is approaching for level progress.
* Put the progress bars back on the homepage. Keep in mind they aren't very accurate, since a whole lot of things have been submitted that aren't listed as such, but in the future they will be.

Hope this helps!

Also, regular users may want to have a look at this page. I'm going to be opening up the site soon, but I can't give people access unless they activate their accounts here.
Youtube Channel