(shouting)

The ROM help thread

we don't need no edu - I mean, these threads, anymore.
Paralars

Re: Lookie! I Brok'd It! - ROM help thread

Post by Paralars »

Paralars wrote:Dear, people... Sorry I just can't help myself.
My level is almost done so probably not a whole lot of further problems, but
I just don't get the side-screen exit disabled.
At first I could walk off the stage on the very left screen boundry and exit the level, I blocked it with some clouds, but now I also can exit the level If I go past the screen boundary in the autoscrolling section.
I didn't find anything helpful and I tried a lot of stuff that didn't work
and no, I don't have that sprite 8C in my level but it just has this side exit thing I can't get away...
Uhhm, sorry but I need help :oops:
At least I can't see one and I didn't add one.
And usually there is no sprite of that kind preinserted in a standard sublevel, or is it?
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Ok, so, the tile that consists of dripping water. What I want to do is make it skip the animation frame where there's nothing in the two 8x8 tiles for the drips (if you get what I'm saying). I'm not sure if I just have to remove one of the numbers on the list on the ExAnimation menu or do something else.
Cheeseofdoom

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

Ometeotl wrote:Ok, so, the tile that consists of dripping water. What I want to do is make it skip the animation frame where there's nothing in the two 8x8 tiles for the drips (if you get what I'm saying). I'm not sure if I just have to remove one of the numbers on the list on the ExAnimation menu or do something else.

If you want to still use it like it's meant to be used, you just need to go into the Exanimation dialog, and remove frames 980 and 990, and set it to use 4 frames instead of 6. (Make sure you're using 133 for your AN2 slot in the GFX bypass.)

If you want to use the bottom two 8x8 tiles for something like rain, you would have to use a new Exanimation slot.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Well, I'm looking at the ExAnimation slot for it, and I'm seeing it as 7 frames, not 6. Also, it's 680 to 6E0, no 980 or 990 in sight.
Cheeseofdoom

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

Ometeotl wrote:Well, I'm looking at the ExAnimation slot for it, and I'm seeing it as 7 frames, not 6. Also, it's 680 to 6E0, no 980 or 990 in sight.
I was tired, and wrote the 6s as 9s >.>

Also, the animation skipped 6E0 for some reason in the test level, (at least in my rom), but it does indeed have 7 frames, as you said.

So, just remove 680 and 690, and change the frame count to 5.
Last edited by Cheeseofdoom 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Ok then, thank you.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

O gawd, I am soooo almost finished, just a little bit of problems yet to solve...
(the screen exit thing somehow solved itself...)
- I have an area in my vertical sublevel, just about as big as half a subscreen, when I add coins into that area, they show up in LM but not ingame (I tried to fill the whole subscreen with coins, just that certain area is affected), so what could cause this?
If I enter that sublevel through a secondary exit from yoshis house, the coins show up. If I enter it from my main level somehow, they don't. Any idea?
- And how the hell do I get the autoscroll to stop/change speed? As soon as I use the autoscroll level generator, it lasts till the end of the level and neither the stop generators sprite nor another autoscroll sprite changes anything, and it should be possible to change the autoscroll during the level, shouldn't it? (at least I have seen that before)
- And do you think it is legit to make the player press right and left simulatenously while in a cloud to make a super speed slalom run with super speed autoscroll? Not that it would be too hard, just asking if that technique is something you would have in a level
thoughtsofglought

Post by thoughtsofglought »

I can't seem to get line guides working they just don't show up.
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

Do you have the switch set to On/Off in Lunar Magic?
Accepting any and all ASM requests for A2MT. Just send me a PM.
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Also the creator of the new A2MT CMS. PM me if you have any questions.
Youtube Channel
thoughtsofglought

VideoGuy wrote:Do you have the switch set to On/Off in Lunar Magic?
i checked it is on and the line guides still don't work (can't even check the smw central for help)
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

And you're not using the off-only guides, correct?

(Sorry I'm going through all the basics here, I'm just trying to make sure this wasn't a small mistake.)
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Youtube Channel
thoughtsofglought

VideoGuy wrote:And you're not using the off-only guides, correct?

(Sorry I'm going through all the basics here, I'm just trying to make sure this wasn't a small mistake.)
I'm not using off only guides.

look at the pic and tell me what i have to change to get the line guides working.
Attachments
maybe this pic can help
maybe this pic can help
my lvl help 1.JPG (183.98 KiB) Viewed 7032 times
PCpaste

Oh god...

Post by PCpaste »

What have I done?

vvvvv
Picture is cut off :CImage
Darn, I must have left home without my silly signature on.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

click on the icon that looks like a little bit of underwater and remove layer 3
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

hmm, so I'm replacing the yoshi munchers (or whatever they're gonna be) with something else for my level. I must be an idiot or something because I'm having trouble for some reason.

here's what I've done:
I found the yoshi munchers in all gfx

Then I unchecked the "use joined gfx files," created my own exgfx file, etc.,

and copied the file into the exgfx one and edited my own munchers in. Now all I don't know is what gfx file I should replace with my exgfx. Exanimation seems to be different with the new Lunar Magic.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Replace it with SN2 I think it is (it's at the bottom). Then exanimate the muncher so really the whole exgfx file could be two 16x16 tiles. If the muncher doesn't need to be exanimated just put it anywhere.
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

limepie20 wrote:Replace it with SN2 I think it is (it's at the bottom). Then exanimate the muncher so really the whole exgfx file could be two 16x16 tiles. If the muncher doesn't need to be exanimated just put it anywhere.
I think original Animation overrides ExAnimation, so unless you want to ExAnimate coins, etc, you'll need a Map16 slot that acts like the Muncher for the level.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

thoughtsofglought wrote:So no one is going to help me?
Sorry I have absolutely no idea how to use those on/off line guide things. I really need to learn.
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

The only thing I can think of that's left is to check the GFX and Map16 to see if they show up there.

Of if all else fails, go to that Special World level and copy the guides you need out of that level.
Youtube Channel
thoughtsofglought

VideoGuy wrote:The only thing I can think of that's left is to check the GFX and Map16 to see if they show up there.

Of if all else fails, go to that Special World level and copy the guides you need out of that level.
i found out why they where not showing up they use FG3 16 but i need FG3
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

thoughtsofglought wrote:
VideoGuy wrote:The only thing I can think of that's left is to check the GFX and Map16 to see if they show up there.

i found out why they where not showing up they use FG3 16 but i need FG3
Clearly those slots are blank in your current tileset, mix the tilesets together? (make sure those tiles are in the exact same spot or you'll get confused.)
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
noseman999

Post by noseman999 »

I'm trying to use a custom block that comes with the base rom, but I can't get it to work. The block sets the midway point flag to the current level, but I don't know how to use it. I'm trying to make a second midway point. Can someone please tell me how it's used?
Thanks
I don't know what is the religious property of a giant clump of dirt that is just sitting there?
- raocow
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I... I don't know if we have the necessary ingredients in the baserom to make a secondary midpoint..?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
noseman999

Post by noseman999 »

raocow wrote:I... I don't know if we have the necessary ingredients in the baserom to make a secondary midpoint..?
tile 445
I don't know what is the religious property of a giant clump of dirt that is just sitting there?
- raocow