(shouting)

Patch Discussion: Request, discussion, and general

we don't need no edu - I mean, these threads, anymore.
Chdata

Re: Patches, Tools, and Hex Edits

Post by Chdata »

How about a single tile that always pops one up ala ow sprite?

locked by a pcoin amt ofc
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
kilon

Post by kilon »

Parroty coins giving a 1-up if all are collected:
D. 1-up is given when all 5 in a level are collected, but only in a single run (if you die or beat the level, the 1-up is not awarded.)
(But if you add the semi-transparant recollect thing, that might screw it up as you can collect them over and over and thus potentially farm for lives? Or not)

Parroty coins giving score whenever you collect them:
*B. Silly Chdata we're disabling score for a death counter.

Saving collected Parroty coins:
>Currently: As soon as you collect one, the fact that you collected it stays forever unless you start a new game or something.
A. Let's go with that.
(Just to be user friendly. B is good, but we are bound to get tons of complaints about that)

Got any good ideas?:
A. Post here

Can you has send me asm for this I wnat nsmb stule hack it's perfect for my hack pleeez
A. No.
(It's another cool and unique thing. We must keep it to ourselfs unless a hack can really justify it's use (aka SMWCP#, a top rated hack))
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

If the semi transparent collecting thing is done, you will not be able to get a 1-up from collecting a mix of transparent and real parroty coins. Only if you get all the legit coins in one run. Basically you also only have one chance that way.

Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

EVERYONE SWITCH TO LUNAR MAGIC 1.82!

I have spoken with SNN and he says that there are no issues with simply opening your ROM, saving it, and moving on. Please do this. We want consistency. You don't need to change anything you are doing, except switch to the new one.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

im not exactly sure where to put this in the forum but I was wondering if I would be able to add HDMA to my levels? Im not entirely sure how to do it but I am very interested in it.
Your Princess is in another castle!
Love Toad
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yes it's not hard to do. Just download the hdma gradient tool off smwc to make the code and put it in Levelasm.
RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

ooh okay, also will it affect sublevels?
Last edited by RomHaxMax 13 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Love Toad
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Nope. Every sublevel can have different hdma.
RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

Umm, which do i take, the 1 for register $2132 or the one for $2121& $2122?
Love Toad
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

$2132. And there should be a folder for templates and just open the $2132 one and replace the tables and put that in Levelasm.
RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

ooh ok thanks limepie
Love Toad
RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

limepie20 wrote:$2132. And there should be a folder for templates and just open the $2132 one and replace the tables and put that in Levelasm.
umm where is the templates folder and where exacty should i put the code in the level.asm for level 00E?
Love Toad
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

The folder isn't actually called templates I forget what it's called but they are basically templates. They come with the hdma gradient tool .zip. Also, use levelcode.asm and when your inserting do "xkas level.asm a2mt.smc" even though you used levelcode.asm. And one last thing, you can't use the Levelasm you download from smwc, you have to use one made for the baserom. If you don't already gave it, you can find it in the latest baserom's .zip.
RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

limepie20 wrote:The folder isn't actually called templates I forget what it's called but they are basically templates. They come with the hdma gradient tool .zip. Also, use levelcode.asm and when your inserting do "xkas level.asm a2mt.smc" even though you used levelcode.asm. And one last thing, you can't use the Levelasm you download from smwc, you have to use one made for the baserom. If you don't already gave it, you can find it in the latest baserom's .zip.
ok i found it yeah ill use the one i just downloaded for testing but when i actually submit it ill put the asm in a txt file so i dont mess up the old or newly submitted code
Love Toad
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Feel free to include HDMA codes with your level and it'll be inserted into levelasm, just like you include levelasm codes.

RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

im having patching issues with it
can someone help me out?
Love Toad
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Just download xkas and put that, a copy of cmd.exe (just search your computer to find it and it has to be a copy, shortcuts don't work) and the Levelasm patch in the same folder. If you are trying to patch the a2mt baserom it won't work. If you are trying to patch a normal rom, get slogger from smwc to get a freespace number and put it in the level.asm. After thats all done, put the code in levelcode.asm and open cmd.exe and type 'xkas level.asm [romname].smc' and you should be good.
RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

limepie20 wrote:Just download xkas and put that, a copy of cmd.exe (just search your computer to find it and it has to be a copy, shortcuts don't work) and the Levelasm patch in the same folder. If you are trying to patch the a2mt baserom it won't work. If you are trying to patch a normal rom, get slogger from smwc to get a freespace number and put it in the level.asm. After thats all done, put the code in levelcode.asm and open cmd.exe and type 'xkas level.asm [romname].smc' and you should be good.
oooh ok
i tried to use it on the baserom, i got it now, thanks.
Love Toad
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Things I have to add to the comp. patch: Multiple midways.

Also are we using Huflu's tool, status effect, or the status patch Kaijyuu made on SMWC. (iirc Huflu's tool is the same thing).

And if we can get it working, should we use the new RPG VWF dialogue patch? Even I can see alot of places it'd be useful.

RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

chdata wrote:Things I have to add to the comp. patch: Multiple midways.

Also are we using Huflu's tool, status effect, or the status patch Kaijyuu made on SMWC. (iirc Huflu's tool is the same thing).

And if we can get it working, should we use the new RPG VWF dialogue patch? Even I can see alot of places it'd be useful.
How can I use the multiple midway points?
Love Toad
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

You can't right now.
RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

limepie20 wrote:You can't right now.
but if i add them and tell you which to use for the actual hack, will they work?
Love Toad
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Well, I guess so but I think you'd be better off waiting and you need a valid reason to use an extra midpoint.
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

Me and raocow are interested in cooking up a special background for the final level, and were wondering if smwedit's ExGfx revolution code will be compatible with A2MT (the code that allows for 8bpp backgrounds and additional graphics slots).

Because of the way we're approaching this, we can't start working on anything until we get an answer here. I'm really hoping this won't be an issue, the level theme we've got in mind is definitely something that hasn't been seen before.

Thanks!

Edit: If it makes a difference, the graphics option we want to go with is the 8bpp 384 tile BG, with FG1-3 and BG 1 used for foreground.
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Sorry for not answering. I am testing it. Ask raocow if you want details on why I'm being so slow to do this.