(shouting)

Patch Discussion: Request, discussion, and general

we don't need no edu - I mean, these threads, anymore.
limepie20

Re: Patches, Tools, and Hex Edits

Post by limepie20 »

Hmm. I kinda get what raocow means.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

raocow wrote:My counter argument is that I've seen hacks and other fan games with level author names like that and it really, really looks cheap.
Pics? Links? Examples? Elaboration? Anything? :|
I can't see what would look cheap about
Level Name
Author Name
and your argument isn't really an argument, so...
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Patgangster

Post by Patgangster »

I'm not sure how many people saw it, but I posted for it in the sprite thread; my problem with Sumo Bros. and the flames not working correctly in a level.

...Now, Roy actually made a patch that fixes it, can I request that it is added to the ROM?
It has not been completely tested yet (I think), but he's not expecting any drawbacks.

Download link: http://www.smwcentral.net/download.php? ... pe=patches
RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

Patgangster wrote:I'm not sure how many people saw it, but I posted for it in the sprite thread; my problem with Sumo Bros. and the flames not working correctly in a level.

...Now, Roy actually made a patch that fixes it, can I request that it is added to the ROM?
It has not been completely tested yet (I think), but he's not expecting any drawbacks.

dude, i know this patch may fix your level, but the patch will probably only be inserted if its compatible with the rest of the rom

*PS: 100 posts w00t*
Your Princess is in another castle!
Love Toad
Patgangster

Post by Patgangster »

RomHaxMax wrote:
Patgangster wrote:I'm not sure how many people saw it, but I posted for it in the sprite thread; my problem with Sumo Bros. and the flames not working correctly in a level.

dude, i know this patch may fix your level, but the patch will probably only be inserted if its compatible with the rest of the rom

*PS: 100 posts w00t*
I know that it will only be inserted if it works with everything else (and I don't see why it wouldn't), but I don't know what half of the stuff in the base rom is and all, and I figured posting it here would at least make people see it and if one of the leaders can test it or anything, it could be inserted I guess?
RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

is multiple midway patch still an option?
Your Princess is in another castle!
Love Toad
keckcellent

Post by keckcellent »

I was wondering if this patch can be added. Its the 'Spike Swim' patch by Alcaro which removes the glitchy Mario state when he hits a spike while swimming. Its absolutely unnecessary but adds a little bit of extra polish to the hack. I have run into this glitch issue a few times with the level I'm designing. I know its a bit late and as I said, its not necessary for the hack or the level but I would appreciate it. Thanks!
http://www.smwcentral.net/download.php? ... pe=patches
E-Man

Post by E-Man »

I may as well ask this before I end up submitting my level for submission, but will there be a chance of Ice Man's HDMA fix patch getting applied to the rom to fix HDMA layer priorities with various sprites? I have this problem in one of my own levels, and I know for certain the patch does indeed fix this. Don't know if anyone else uses colour math with their HDMA (similar to myself), but it might be handy for those that do.
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

Is it allowed to use Terra Stripe for creation of a custom Layer 3 image for one of my sublevels? It is mostly for aestethics so not necessary at all, but I would like to make use of it. I tried to look up any posts on the forum about it, but I couldn't find any confirmation / rejection regarding that topic...

Actually, allowing Tileset C to use scrolling Fog instead of the Beta Cage would work out for me, othewise. I dunno if it is possible to claim such a thing, but it's not like someone is going to use the garbled beta cage. Basically, for the latter only (PC) 0021AE needs to be 0x81 and (PC) 029272 needs to become 0xDE,0x95,0x05 and presto; Correctly working fog in Tileset C. It's hard to believe Lunar magic can't do this already. It was easier than I thought. :D
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I wanted to insert a song but it didn't work then end.

I'm not sure if it's cause the song just sucks or I used a wrong addmusic or what. Either way you should know that the addmusic link doesn't work.

Edit: Turns out i had an older version of addmusic (I guess?)
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

I'm not sure as to who's putting in these patches, but if more then one person comes forward, requesting the same patches be put in, I don't think there should be a problem with putting them in...
Who ever is doing that lol :lol:
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

The problem is if the patches are compatible with what we already have, which needs to be tested. However in most cases patches should work with eachother.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

I'll throw my vote for the Multiple Midway Patch, again.
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

I don't see a problem with having that patch, it's just then people might be inclined to be making HUGE levels, because, well, raocow will be playing it.
But it would be handy in those cases that the level is particularly hard, or just naturally long.
I don't see a problem with it. :)
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

The patch really should only be used for before a boss, or if the secret exit is a full-on split path. If a level is too long it people should be asked to shorten it a bit during testing/clearing.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

I only want it for its ability to make you start in whatever sublevel you want after getting the midpoint.
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Re: Patch Discussion: Request, discussion, and general

Post by Karatekid5 »

Was the remapping option for the classic piranha plant fix enabled? I noticed that the upside down piranha plants were still using SP4, so changing them to SP2 in the patch will remap them to SP2 and make them global.
Yoshi Ambassador!
Lobster_Horde

Post by Lobster_Horde »

I'm just checking in case I mess something up with my ROM - the more.bin thing is already included in the latest version, right?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

The N-SPC patch? Yes it is.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

An important notice: When I went back to testing stuff with Pily I noticed my global subroutines were off with the patch version which I have now backed up around here which means the current one I have out there for everyone is old.

Luckily I've managed to find the newer one but I'm going to go over a few things before doing anything else.

edit: well frick I just overwrote my levelcode.asm for Pily with something else. I hope the back up at my dad's is still good.

edit 2: Nevermind, things are all fine now.

Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Most updated version of compilation patch uploaded to file bin on the wiki.

Unless someone made changes to what I've had out there. If so we'd probably still need to revert to this and re-add changes.

limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

What is that the thing on the File Bin page?

The latest version is what's on the current baserom.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Remember when I sent you guys a version of the patch but said I'm not sure if it's really my most updated version?

Not sure what's happened with that since then.

limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

A lot: check out the newest baserom.

If you didn't already know, Chibikko was handling the comp patch while you were away.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Must've been behind the scenes stuff I guess then. Never saw any updates mentioned in this thread ;o

edit: ok it's in the Brom thread