(shouting)

Patch Discussion: Request, discussion, and general

we don't need no edu - I mean, these threads, anymore.
limepie20

Re: Patch Discussion: Request, discussion, and general

Post by limepie20 »

Yeah, I suppose this thread hasn't really been used that much. I mean its not completely necessary anyway unless we had like a team of patch compers, I guess.
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

I'm requesting the following patch be inserted into a2mt. It's purpose is to ignore the loading of new ExAnimation during HuFlungDu's fadeless level transitions. It must be inserted using asar and works for LM1.91

Code: Select all

; Used to bypass exanimation loading if during the level changing sprite

header
lorom

!hijack = read3($0583AE)

org !hijack
autoclean JML hijack

freecode
hijack:
PHP
SEP #$30
LDA $87
BNE +
PLP
SEP #$30
phb
LDX #$7F
JML !hijack+5
+
PLP
RTL
Thanks again to HuFlungDu for working this out for me! You're awesome :D
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

I'm not sure if the patch would break any of the existing patches, but as much as I know of the entire patch set I think that seems compatible.

However, does this require all of the code to be compiled with "asar"? I haven't used that tool before, and from what I've read it does seem to work a little different than "xkas". Switching from "xkas" to "asar" this deep into the project doesn't seem like a good idea in my opinion... Or can it be run as a separate patch?
anonymousbl00dlust

Diortem wrote:I'm not sure if the patch would break any of the existing patches, but as much as I know of the entire patch set I think that seems compatible.

However, does this require all of the code to be compiled with "asar"? I haven't used that tool before, and from what I've read it does seem to work a little different than "xkas". Switching from "xkas" to "asar" this deep into the project doesn't seem like a good idea in my opinion... Or can it be run as a separate patch?
that thing is it's own patch. everything else can still use xkas.
anonymousbl00dlust

I just noticed that we don't have any layer 3 related patches inserted into the rom. Why is this?

I am requesting we use Layer3ExGFX and Imamelia's Layer 3 Customizer. They shouldn't cause any incompatibility errors.