(shouting)

The Overworld

we don't need no edu - I mean, these threads, anymore.
Joelcll

Re: The Overworld

Post by Joelcll »

I've always imagined that space ship like a huge roundish saucer, divided in four parts , with a little center hub. And many amusement park like environments...

And most levels could be holographic or inside large buildings/hubs (Like the giant spheres that containded the test chambers in portal 2), not being really seen in the overworld, like that you can work on making it look space-shipish
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

lol, I guess my real question is, then, what does spaceship-ish mean? Or what does it look like?
Is it on a black background, with silvery lining? Stars and stuff? Or what?

Lime: That's kinda neat.. kinda bright though lol :lol:
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

It's Terry's not mine, if that's what you were thinking. I can't sprite like that.
ProfessorDemetri

Yeah, I'd assume it was Terry's. You know, with him being the lead on the graphics department and all lol

Ehm, so for the OW, do we have like a general mock up? Or even a graphics tileset to use to try to make one? I'd be game for making a mock up, just for getting some ideas going.
I haven't checked the baserom, as I'm not on my laptop ATM, but are those graphics, from the screen shot, inserted into the rom already?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

No they aren't the graphics we will use. The graphics need to be improved.
ProfessorDemetri

Totally agree lol it would be neat if we could have something akin to vip5, just cuz it's pretty as hell.
But we do need something that's spaceship-y lol
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

I'd always envisioned a classic series of domes with tunnels rather than one big ship. Ideally the first/zero'th world would use the miniature map area of the overworld and show the whole ship, 4 domes spinning on tunnels from a hub world, and then each of the inner worlds would show that world, and then the outer worlds would show the world, but over the edge of the dome you would be able to see out into space, so only maybe 3/4s of the horizontal space would be the world itself. So those are some ideas to think about.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!