(shouting)

FINAL TESTING INITIATED - v1.02 ready for testing

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
Chdata

Re: FINAL TESTING INITIATED - v1.02 ready for testing

Post by Chdata »

A little more information: When you play as Iris the number for the Demo count doesn't appear but it works exactly as it should otherwise.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

Credits file: I'm Tails_155 (Wild Green Yonder) not Tails115
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Is the 'chocolakitu doesn't throw cookies in snes9x' something that is fixable, or something that we simply let be?

I mean I don't mind, but maybe a warning of some kind should be added to the download page, then. "Only works properly with zsnes" or something.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Just gotta say I love how the Demo Counter in the SMWC upload counts up even if you load a savestate.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

raekuul wrote:Just gotta say I love how the Demo Counter in the SMWC upload counts up even if you load a savestate.
This is cool bug in emulator. Maybe check settings. Number of deaths is saved on SRAM, when one happen. From what I know to make that possible, emulator shouldn't save SRAM within savestate. Through, for me this doesn't happen. This probably means I have good emulator, because good emulator should hide informations about used savestates to game.
Kil2

Post by Kil2 »

yeah it depends on the settings of your emulator
joeyjoejoejrshabbadu

Post by joeyjoejoejrshabbadu »

Hey there everyone, um...I don't know if it's a technical mishap or me being incompetent (which is probably more likely), but I've never tried to play a hack before and something is going wrong with this one. I watched raocow's "How to Play the VIPs" video for reference, and did what he said (though my SMW ROM doesn't have an exclamation point in the file name, maybe that's a problem?), made a copy of my SMW sfc file, downloaded Lunar IPS v. 1.01 and patched it with ASMT according to the directions, but when I try to open it up with zsnes, the file name at the bottom is a bunch of gibberish, and I get a black and blue screen, which turns into a black screen that doesn't do anything. I'm using zsnes v. 1.42. Do I need a different version of something, did I do something wrong, or is this just some weird bug?
A top secret document has been left behind the floor!
O-Card
what are you doing here
Pronouns: he/el

Post by O-Card »

joeyjoejoejrshabbadu wrote:Hey there everyone, um...I don't know if it's a technical mishap or me being incompetent (which is probably more likely), but I've never tried to play a hack before and something is going wrong with this one. I watched raocow's "How to Play the VIPs" video for reference, and did what he said (though my SMW ROM doesn't have an exclamation point in the file name, maybe that's a problem?), made a copy of my SMW sfc file, downloaded Lunar IPS v. 1.01 and patched it with ASMT according to the directions, but when I try to open it up with zsnes, the file name at the bottom is a bunch of gibberish, and I get a black and blue screen, which turns into a black screen that doesn't do anything. I'm using zsnes v. 1.42. Do I need a different version of something, did I do something wrong, or is this just some weird bug?
that's the smc file you want
talkhaus: the singening
you must sing
MAFIA
yo yo yo play the game
joeyjoejoejrshabbadu

Post by joeyjoejoejrshabbadu »

Ahaa...wrong file type. That would do it...working great now. Thanks and sorry for the brainfart XD
A top secret document has been left behind the floor!
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Wait a second, in echoing call, is it supposed to be super easy to skip along like that in 'An Echoing Call' ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYuc7jJS ... eature=sub

starting at 0:16

You can basically walk over that whole 'puzzle' section without any effort, apparently.
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

You mean skipping all that stuff underneath? I did that all the time during testing, I figured it was intentional.
raocow

Post by raocow »

It just seems silly to have all these obstacles on the bottom that are, in effect, purposeless.
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

Well, you can get a flower down there if I recall.
kilon

Post by kilon »

I.. didn't know that.
Maybe because it wasn't possible in earlier versions?
Either way, I think it would be better of fixed, but it's not a big deal.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

There is a message box right at the end of the passage that is supposed to block you, but apparently not pressing the P-Switches makes it not spawn or something...
Kil2

Post by Kil2 »

haha
Mista Smegheneghan

Post by Mista Smegheneghan »

Hiya. I got this ROM yesterday, and the secret exit of Chillout seems to be eluding me. Not because I don't know what to do, but it seems the silver P-Switch won't stay silver going through the pipe. So I end up with two regular P-Switches, just one of them (I think) SHOULD stay silver.

(btw, it doesn't change colour, just properties)
Kil2

Post by Kil2 »

By the way, I thought the music blocks would be in the resource packs? I think they got left out.
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

No an echoing call isn't supposed to be skipped in that way, as yoshicookiezeus mentions; I apparently just didn't playtest/design it carefully enough. I don't see why p-switches would have an effect on the spawning of a message box, or do I just not know enough about super mario world code? My diagnosis would be rushing through the level and sprite density cause it to not spawn, anyone got a better idea?
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

flameofdoubt wrote:I don't see why p-switches would have an effect on the spawning of a message box
P-Switches keep processing even when offscreen, reducing the number of other sprites that can process at once.
Mista Smegheneghan

So, essentially, too much crap on-screen stopped it from loading.

My favourite level so far is The Idiot's Ice. It's fun, it has the invincibility music in it (which is always good), Cirno's theme, and a free cape! What more could you want?

I'd've thought that in the Echoing Call level, the cape item graphic would be something like a Cherry Point icon or something, to go along with the Touhou theme. T'would've been cool.
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

There weren't any capes in An Echoing Call, just fireball.
Mista Smegheneghan

No, but you can still bring a cape into the level via the held item box. It made the level quite a bit easier.
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

I thought I'd requested the "small mario only" and "no item in item box" sprites in my level, but I must have only asked for the "small mario only", so that's my fault.
raocow

Post by raocow »

I honestly think a2mt should have the 'complete' powerup counter in it, so that you start every stage bare. To avoid these kinds of things.