(shouting)

The Stuff That's Left To Do

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
kilon

Re: The Stuff That's Left To Do

Post by kilon »

Here are chdata's idea for the void world so far:
chdata wrote:You know I actually got alot of ideas for the void teleporters.

An already broken one

One that leads you back to the same room then breaks

Gutzdozer, a giant charlie chase, and possibly an underwater section with a huge Boss Bass.

One of those money gimmicks involving some stuff from SCORPION. And a boss idea I have to go with it. Will be very lava-y. Maybe some smelting stuff.

MiniGame - One is my fleet idea if it isn't going to be the title. Another is the sideways fleet idea. I also have an interesting idea for Pac-Man. And then there's one called Bouncedown. I dunno about a boss though. Asteroids? Space invaders? (Actually I think I could do space invaders with all the ASM stuff we got)

The fight between Terry's Demo and raocow's Demo. (I have no idea for the other sublevels though. I think since I want to make it just black and white lines... actually nevermind because we want it to be all very random. Otherwise I'd say to lump the three black and white line levels I know of. (Mines, Argumentables, and Monikers.)

I also drew out an idea for the teleporter room.
Those broken teleporters and the ones that bring you to the same room don't really count, so that means we have 4 teleporters occupied. Well, 5 when I don't forget about danmaku hell.

And some people (I know of Argumentable) made a sublevel for it already. But that one isn't really gimmicky, so I don't know how far we want to go with those things.
crushawake

Post by crushawake »

It would appear that I am going to have to give these up although I only just started. I have real life matters to attend to, and I think my castle also takes priority. Sorry.
If you need a hand with Mario Romhacking in some way, feel free to PM me. I'll try and answer. <3
Kil

Post by Kil »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:Personally, I have to agree that we shouldn't overdo the Void. I think that after raocow's Trial of Iron, we should limit it to the eight teleporters (did anyone code those yet?) and then Black Plague.
That's good to hear.

By the way, can someone tell me what objectool is? I thought we were using BTSD, spritetool, and all of that.
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
crushawake

Post by crushawake »

Objectool is a patch which allows users to create blocks, which are different LOOKING AND ACTING, depending on a ram address.

For example:

If Mario was Small, I could make this block a cement block.
If Mario was Big, I could make this block invisible.
If Mario was Fire, I could make this block a custom block, for eg, icy block.
If Mario was Caped, I could make this block a coin.

Pretty much, it allows you to make blocks, like blocktool, but these actually change when the level is loaded, not when hit. So, for another example, you could make the opposite of switch palace blocks: Solid when it's not hit, go-through when it is.
If you need a hand with Mario Romhacking in some way, feel free to PM me. I'll try and answer. <3
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

*reposting*
Here's all the ideas I know of for void teleporters. Not including the random sublevels.

1. Yukari (Marisa World ish sublevels)
2. Gutzdozer, Monodo Charlie, Bigger Boss Bass
3. Hunter (Another idea I have but haven't started)
4. A teleporter that teleports you to the main room and breaks
5. An Untitled Section (Featuring TheBottom which is all I'm working on for it.)
6. Terry's Demo vs raocow's Demo (Another idea I have but haven't started)
7. Super Mario World boss rush. You must beat each koopaling and a reznor in a single run. And maybe Bowser.
8. Minigame (Another idea I have and have started.)

I figured that the bosses that are remakes of the custom bosses we have in castle's etc should either be "Minibosses" for the halfway points in the teleporter strands of levels, or in the eighth teleporter as another boss rush or something.

As you can see I have four (technically 5-6 including the break itself and smw boss rush) of the teleporter rooms... but I don't think I should take that many. After karate I'll explain more though.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:Just making a list of what's left before the testing phase. If I forgot something, please tell me.

Stuff other people need to do:
- Finish levels 009, 00C, 019, 022, and 127
- Finish up the last of those sprite graphics swaps and send them to me (speaking of which, a compilation of all changed graphics would be really useful)
- Decide on music for their levels
- Finish writing the cutscenes and plot-related level messages
- Send me various patches used for their levels (Chibikko, how's that compilation coming along?)
All of this is done, isn't it?
Nothing's easy.

kilon

Post by kilon »

I believe there are one or two graphic swaps left (like the bonefish) unless we use raocows swaps for those. But you can always discover that during the final testing phase. And if it isn't disturbing you an just leave it be.

About the music, I think there needs to be more music for certain worlds, but I might be mistaken.
And we musn't forget music for the cutscenes.

Also, we have the text for the cutscenes, but we also need to tell the one who is actually making them with Romi's cutscene tool how we want it to be. So when you shee what graphic. And time the music accordingly.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Moniker wrote:
yoshicookiezeus wrote:Just making a list of what's left before the testing phase. If I forgot something, please tell me.

Stuff other people need to do:
- Finish levels 009, 00C, 019, 022, and 127
- Finish up the last of those sprite graphics swaps and send them to me (speaking of which, a compilation of all changed graphics would be really useful)
- Decide on music for their levels
- Finish writing the cutscenes and plot-related level messages
- Send me various patches used for their levels (Chibikko, how's that compilation coming along?)
All of this is done, isn't it?
Not the graphic swaps.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
ChaoticFox

Post by ChaoticFox »

yoshicookiezeus, I've created 3 enemy graphics for the hack so far, but they haven't really received enough votes yet to be inserted into the hack. I'm also working on one of the teleporter levels, and if I remember correctly, there's still one more that hasn't been taken. Mind if I do that one, too?
Well aren't you a cute little troll!