(shouting)

Final Castle Signups - CLOSED

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
TwilightArts

Re: Final Castle Signups - DEADLINE: 31 Dec

Post by TwilightArts »

HarmfulGravemind wrote:In case someone is interested: Here is a Video of my level/room 181
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6NQAQRxFss

If there is any difference between this video and the uploaded level, then I have uploaded an older version here... but I really don't think that such a thing happened.
To be honest: I think it's way too difficult. I don't know if that's what you intended to, but it get's ridiculously hard in places, especially the springy thing.
If poor raocows gonna try that without savestates, we'll get a really angry video that day...
"What the hell. And thus hell was whated." - raocow, VIP 4

My videos on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwilightArts
kilon

Post by kilon »

There are some really hard parts, but do you realize how mean the vips actually are? They can be pretty unfair as well.

Besides, when we put this room directly after a save station it shouldn't be too bad. ?
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Re: Final Castle Signups - CLOSED

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

There are two places in the level that I am not really happy with. The "do the potobo jump land on this single tile there", wich caused me more deaths than I did imagine, since the potobe seems to change his timing from time to time (no clue why)

And the green spring thing place, I guess I could give mario more place for his head. It is really an exact jump. After that everything is fine tought.

But when I change this two hard parts, the whole level gets way to easy.

Any suggestions? ^^

@Kilon, yes that was what I was thinking, Vip is sometimes just extreme. Even Nintendo has some extremely mean places in there games, look at SMB3 the single noteblock jumps in world 8, without a tanoki tail you are screwed in there.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

TwilightArts wrote:
If poor raocows gonna try that without savestates, we'll get a really angry video that day...
:lol: :lol: :lol: I can assure you he's gonna be a hell of alot more pissed off at me.
TwilightArts

Post by TwilightArts »

Daarkbuu wrote:
TwilightArts wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I can assure you he's gonna be a hell of alot more pissed off at me.
Oh well... he can't be happy Dan every day, can he? :twisted:
"What the hell. And thus hell was whated." - raocow, VIP 4

My videos on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwilightArts
HarmfulGravemind

Look what happens when I make this two parts easyer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQKzCRgsQUU

Do you really want it like that?
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

To be honest, I think that's pretty good, since there are still places where you can die easily (as your video showed).

Although I do have this slight urge to go SMWC on you and point out that the bridges are cutoff.
Accepting any and all ASM requests for A2MT. Just send me a PM.
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Also the creator of the new A2MT CMS. PM me if you have any questions.
Youtube Channel
HarmfulGravemind

VideoGuy wrote:Although I do have this slight urge to go SMWC on you and point out that the bridges are cutoff.
You mean the upper parts of the bridge at some points? that was intended!

The death rate is way to low.
Seriously, I am not a really good smw player, and when even I can do this in two trys...

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9a34GZji9g
  • Changelog (compare it to version 1):
    # Inserted a second potobo to make the potobo jump easyer!
    # Now you can land on two tiles after the potobo jump.
    # Placed the "Ball and Chain" to the end of the level near the Key instead of the middle place where Kamek spawns
    # The tile where the "Ball and Chain" was is now bigger (two tiles)
    # Inserted a ?-Block on top the tile where the "Ball and Chain" used to be
    # Inserted a third Thwomp after the lava lake where you need to fish spin jump.
    # Changed the position of the second mushroom to a higher place
    # Inserted a vine to reach the second mushroom
    # Removed some coins under the final Thwomps to make it harder to pass them when using a P-Switch (maybe to hard now?)
    # Removed the invisible P-Coin-Block bridge so that it is needed to jump on the other side to get the Key and that the Key has to be placed in the lava fallowed by a Grab-jump to get it under the door!
kilon

Post by kilon »

HarmfulGravemind wrote:
  • # Removed some coins under the final Thwomps to make it harder to pass them when using a P-Switch (maybe to hard now?)
    # Removed the invisible P-Coin-Block bridge so that it is needed to jump on the other side to get the Key and that the Key has to be placed in the lava fallowed by a Grab-jump to get it under the door!
I say put one coin under the middle twhomp and leave the last 2 alone. That way it is a bit harder, but not to hard.
The Grab-jump, can be irritating, but I say just leave it in. It is not to bad of a thing.

EDIT: actually, seeing this is the final castle, some of the rooms submitted recently actually looked to easy. Playing through the final castle of MKM2 at the moment and it is dang hard. This should be just as hard or harder. So just leave it be.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Remind me why this is still stickied.