(shouting)

A Super Mario Thing - Plot and cutscenes

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
Moniker

Re: A Super Mario Thing - Plot and cutscenes

Post by Moniker »

Ok - RE: cutscene 7-

We don't necessarily need to come up with the identity of the master or anything earth-shattering like that. I just think the end is sort of murky and confusing and needs to be a little more fleshed out. (If you haven't played it through, I suggest you do so - chdata provided a teleporter room clear code to make it easier.)

We've been reading the plot enough to recognize BP's manner of speaking and hear it in the master's voice, but I don't think it'll come across to the gamer at large. In other words, we need to make it more explicit that something's wrong w/ master, and at the same time keep it vague (since people didn't go for the Plague Toad thing).

Suggestions?
Nothing's easy.

flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

We could repeat the "we are alive" comment from black plague, or have him repeat one of his other lines.

Or a simpler alternative might be to not have the Master there, and she doesn't know why.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
kilon

Post by kilon »

flameofdoubt wrote:Or a simpler alternative might be to not have the Master there, and she doesn't know why.
This could work. Kinda like the "Hey there master, I'm back. Here are your vege..ta..bles? Master? Where are you? Hello? Anyone?"

kinda tried to put emphasis on the transition between happy and confused/sad in the word vegetables but I don't quite know how to do that in written text.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

And then Demo here's an unfamiliar voice say

"I am alive..."
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

chdata wrote:And then Demo here's an unfamiliar voice say

"I am alive..."
That's bloody brilliant, mate. I'll type up a complete edit presently.

Here goes:

Demo: Master? I know I'm late, and the vegetables are a tad overripe, but- Master?

[Waiting] ....

Demo: Where is everyone? Hello?? Master?

???: WE ARE ALIVE!

Demo: MASTER!!!
Nothing's easy.

RealLink

Post by RealLink »

So does this mean I'm needed once more? Wouldn't be hard to change, just those 4 lines there.
What about the color of the ??? when "We are alive" is shown? BP's colour I guess?
kilon

Post by kilon »

Yeah.

And depending on what we are going to do with BP, you might be needed again. But that is still in early stages so I wouldn't worry about that. That might not even happen.
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

RealLink wrote:What about the color of the ??? when "We are alive" is shown? BP's colour I guess?
The master's color for the final "We are alive."

I like it because we can do so much with it in a sequel; i.e., if we're feeling devious, it could just be the master saying that the crew is safe from the enemy fleet or something and have nothing to do w/ BP. Or not. You get the idea.
Nothing's easy.

Moniker

Post by Moniker »

So we could insert Lord Snailington rather painlessly (that's what she said) into the plot by just changing the con-message and castle destruction sequence in W-4, both of which I wouldn't really be all that sorry to lose TBH. And then maybe another auto-message at the beginning of Arg's castle.

Thoughts?
Nothing's easy.

Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Moniker wrote:So we could insert Lord Snailington rather painlessly (that's what she said) into the plot by just changing the con-message and castle destruction sequence in W-4, both of which I wouldn't really be all that sorry to lose TBH. And then maybe another auto-message at the beginning of Arg's castle.

Thoughts?
The message is fine how it is, I just don't know why there would be radishes in a honeypot trap!

PS Master Snailington
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
kilon

Post by kilon »

I don't really think it's necessary. Admittedly, the destruction scene from world 4 was a bit weird so I wouldlnt really mind seeing that changed, but is is really worth the effort (of coming up with something in like 30 seconds)?
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

I think I'll come up with something later on today. If it sucks or YCZ doesn't take notice, then no biggie. (I needs a creative outlet and I'm not very good at Demo art, dammit!)
Nothing's easy.

Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Haha, ok bub, but don't feel like it is a big deal that absolutely must be fixed
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

Read it and weep.

Con
\35Our old homeland is held by viceroy Snailington's goo army. The rates he puts on mortgages are exorbitant and must be met with a swift end.\35

Auto (For the beginning of Castle 4 [1A])
??? - Who dares challenge me?! I was granted full, free and unfettered use of this land! I don't have to explain myself to anyone!

Castle Destruct
Such gorgeous waterfront property will be better suited to the possibly amphibious yoshis. Master Snailington's honey scheme may not be the last of its kind, but you'll have that.
Nothing's easy.

Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Since you put in "Goo" maybe you could add in something about him mass producing Goopas, DryGoos, and DryMice for the king's army?
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>