(shouting)

A Super Mario Thing - Plot and cutscenes

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Re: A Super Mario Thing - Plot and cutscenes

Post by Argumentable »

Well, yoshi cloning was mentioned, so I was thinking the final boss could be multiple Bowsers. Sure, Bowser is the final boss, he always is, but we've seen that already! Why not have like eight of them at once (I will steadily increase the number of Bowsers I want on screen at once)
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Kraze422

Post by Kraze422 »

Aw man, having my post COMPLETELY disregarded once again.
I give up, I guess.
What?

Oh...
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Depending on what's leftover, we could steal the yoshi house idea like in the VIPs with story that japanese people can't read.
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

@Kraze: Why don't you post your idea here so that we can give you some criticism on it? Everyone is allowed to contribute with plot ideas, you know.
Kraze422

Post by Kraze422 »

Well I haven't thought TOO much about ideas yet, I was waiting to be contacted, I'm pretty useless when it comes to just little ideas cuz I'm a "big-picture" thinker,
But I have thought about some stuff for the whole idea of some Yoshi's being against Mario.
I thought it'd be a simple but effective idea to say Bowser maybe corrupted some of the Yoshi's and manipulated them into thinking they were just slaves to Mario's will but then in turn become under Bowser's. Let's just say these Yoshi's are very impressionable, hah.

Yeah, there's one idea. Pretty simple but eh.

Did you guys think that should be the main plot point (besides beating Bowser and saving Peach, obviously...) being that the Yoshi's are rebelling or did you want that just to be a smaller less important piece?
What?

Oh...
Garlyle

Post by Garlyle »

actually, I like the idea of cloned Bowsers.

Maybe we can use bosses like the SMB1/3 Bowser, or the one YCZ made, as bosses during the game to replace the koopa kids (Or use the koopa kids as fortress bosses and bowsers as castle bosses? Dunno @_@)
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

We should have the pbj time banana as a boss lol. Banana Boomerang bro's?
(Yeah it's a joke but who knows, I've seen crazier things.)

I could actually imagine who it could be a boss, and I have a sprite sheet for the pbj guy. (Well it's actually animated so I'd have to do some editing)
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I like Goldeneye. Goldeneye is on TV and I am watching it. We should have a cutscene at the end where Bowser says "For the Mushroom Kingdom/Princess, Mario?" and then Mario goes "No, for me" and then Bowser falls in some lava.

I like dumb things
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Remember the cutscene I was talking about some while earlier? Well, I finally got around to actually creating it:

Video link

Just for your information, if you answer "Yes" to Bowser's question, he says "Good. Now let me show you what this thing is capable of!"

And here's a picture of what the Heavy Thwomp will look like once you have broken all of the cement blocks surrounding it.

crushawake

Post by crushawake »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:Just for your information, if you answer "No" to Bowser's question, he says "Good. Now let me show you what this thing is capable of!"
Just as I commented on the video, don't you mean if you say YES? You answered no in the video...
Also, I saw the video before this thread, haha...

Either way, 'tis epic.
If you need a hand with Mario Romhacking in some way, feel free to PM me. I'll try and answer. <3
Machoman

Post by Machoman »

wow.. that's awesome xD
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

That's the most awesome cutscene I have ever seen. And I'm being serious.

I hate you all.
FRK

Post by FRK »

The font... and the way it appears... God, this is incredible O.o
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Romi's cutscene tool is outstanding isn't it?
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:feel free to post ideas for the castle destruction messages, which don't really need to have anything to do with the plot at all.
maybe for the destruction of Charlie's Glue Factory:
"And so Mario demolished Charlie's Glue Factory, causing it to collapse on several Yoshis left inside. At least he managed to snag a free egg. Only problem is, it won't shut up."
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

This should be the death cutscene for bowser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

Kincyr wrote:
yoshicookiezeus wrote:feel free to post ideas for the castle destruction messages, which don't really need to have anything to do with the plot at all.
maybe for the destruction of Charlie's Glue Factory:
"And so Mario demolished Charlie's Glue Factory, causing it to collapse on several Yoshis left inside. At least he managed to snag a free breakfast. Only problem is, it won't shut up."
Fixed?
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Bearing in mind the new charachter from raocow taking Mario's place, i suggest that the big bad has stolen her contact lens/eyedrops! Thus resulting in an inability to see further than one screen's worth at any one time, and her embarking on an eye-watering adventure!
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
Daze

Post by Daze »

This whole paragraph is the link to raocow's post showcasing his Mario replacement. Read to find out whatever you'd like, although this is still in development as far as I can tell. Click at your leisure.

Anyways, I don't think Demo's (her tentative name) plot has to necessarily be about her eye. Being inexperienced with the story of the Vip series, I'm not exactly sure what Boon's backstory is, but even Mario doesn't have a very fleshy backstory. I think the plot for both her and Mario (I'm assuming the Vip-esque option to play as either Mario or the hack-unique character) should be similar. The hero(ine) of circumstance, if you will.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

dazedouji wrote:This whole paragraph is the link to raocow's post showcasing his Mario replacement. Read to find out whatever you'd like, although this is still in development as far as I can tell. Click at your leisure.

Anyways, I don't think Demo's (her tentative name) plot has to necessarily be about her eye. Being inexperienced with the story of the Vip series, I'm not exactly sure what Boon's backstory is, but even Mario doesn't have a very fleshy backstory. I think the plot for both her and Mario (I'm assuming the Vip-esque option to play as either Mario or the hack-unique character) should be similar. The hero(ine) of circumstance, if you will.
I couldn't say this in raocow's thread without spoiling things, but I think calling her "Demo" is a bad idea because it conflicts with the "That was a demo" message you get upon mario's death, as well as the "demo counter" (death counter) :S Assuming both of those ideas were still to be implemented in the hack!
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Hey, near the end of my level is a umm... ninja yoshi, which you end up sacrificing at the end lol. Anyways, feel free to think of a way to implement this in the story. If I can I'm going to make a yoshi message that says

"Hey I'm the ninja yoshi... I was trying to infiltrate (bad guy here)'s castle and got this far but I was locked away in this egg. Thanks for saving me! Why don't we help eachother on our quest to stop (bad guy)?"

Except of course you need to sacrifice him at the end lol, to get past a hole... which is just there.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Daze

Post by Daze »

Thissa wrote:
dazedouji wrote:This whole paragraph is the link to raocow's post showcasing his Mario replacement. Read to find out whatever you'd like, although this is still in development as far as I can tell. Click at your leisure.

I couldn't say this in raocow's thread without spoiling things, but I think calling her "Demo" is a bad idea because it conflicts with the "That was a demo" message you get upon mario's death, as well as the "demo counter" (death counter) :S Assuming both of those ideas were still to be implemented in the hack!
Well, the Demo Counter would still fit, I think. Similar to how Mario's lives are given as Mario x52, Demo's deaths would be given as Demo x79. At least, that's how I'm imagining it; it'll probably work in some other way that totally proves me wrong. :| Would it really be a terrible conflict? Anyways, we still need come up with a better name, if we intend to not name her Demo.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
Tolka

Post by Tolka »

what if instead of a contact lens or whatever. say... someone stole her arms?
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Or she accidentally entered came into the Mushroom Kingdom through some kind of dimensional portal, and is now trying to find Bowser to steal a device from him that will allow her to open a rip in the space-time continuum that could take her home? It would fit with the void Special World after Bowser's Castle...
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Well now that's a great idea. But does Bowser activate the device out of desperation or does she but it takes her to the void levels rather than home? Also with all the levels being taken up and most of the castle dialoguesbeing random, is there any way to foreshadow the void? It might be fine to only bring it up at the beginning and the end, but surely there needs to be some continuous search or some progress with each castle. One thing i've not liked about mario plots is that they're generally ok with the whole "go to the next castle because it's the only way you can go" thing. Perhaps she could find clues, heck, maybe each of the yoshi eggs is a different piece of the machine and she has to collect them all, or are they all recolours of the same sprite? But anyhow i was just thinking with the void idea there might need to be references to the void in some of the earlier levels, to show bowser has been experimenting with it or that it even exists. Maybe even some enemies and parts of levels that look like they've come from "Demo"'s 'dimension.

Another slight problem occurs to me: If there are going to be two versions, with and without custom graphics, does that mean we need two plots? maybe just make it that this mario is from another super mario world and wants to get back to his identical world with identical people...or something.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!