(shouting)

Custom music thread

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Custom music thread

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

flameofdoubt wrote:Also do you have any music for the Heavy Press chosen yet yoshicookiezeus?
Yes, I do: Cave Story - Last Battle. Not too surprisingly, it seems like it would fit the battle quite well.
Kil

Post by Kil »

Since we already have the samples inserted for this, it'd be a shame not to use it somewhere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2fwvMt6G2g
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:Septette of the Dead Princess and U. N. Owen Was Her OH GOD YES

Though I can't deny that all of the other ports sound pretty awesome as well, especially the Kirby and DKC songs (though that may be because I don't recognize most of the others).

Also, are you sure that all of those are Japanese? I am fairly certain I recognize some of them from SMWC's music section...

I got absolutely none of these from SMWC. All the file names are in japanese text anyways.
Yes the Kirby songs I love them.

Also for the songs, I can't recognize the names of most of them, and I'm NOT going to distribute them to just anyone (meaning probably only YCZ or whoever's working on the KC fight is going to get them via pm)

If there's a song that'd be good for whatever tell me the LEVEL NUMBER. I installed my levelnumber show patch to make that easier.
edit: Oh wait song number works too.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Kil

Post by Kil »

You should give me the song names so I can translate them at least
kilon

Post by kilon »

Kil wrote:Since we already have the samples inserted for this, it'd be a shame not to use it somewhere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2fwvMt6G2g
Samples? This doesn't use samples..(?)
Whatever. That might be a very good idea. If not for the chase, then maybe for phase 3 (there where 3 phases, right. Heavy Press, Chase and 'Multi-Charlie' with the moveset of all charlies) or BP.
but those might work there too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWirqKZmBtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOt6JTNsbeY

There are to many good songs roaming around.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

kilon wrote:there where 3 phases, right.
Since noone has even shown any interest in working on a third phase, I think that we'll have to do with two.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Hey uhh those numbers you guys gave me for songs are they the lm bypass song numbers or the level numbers?

flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Well the third phase was going to be a chase sequence and second a charlie sequence, so we've sort of merged phase 2 and 3. And yes that was the levelnumber chdata, though I still can't really think of one to choose.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

what was the third phase going to be anyway
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

A pac man style chase Chibikko and Crushawake were working on.

edit: A few more songs not in that demo.
Use winamp for best results.
Attachments
cool.zip
(382.31 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

kilon

Post by kilon »

chdata wrote:Hey uhh those numbers you guys gave me for songs are they the lm bypass song numbers or the level numbers?
level numbers
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

So wait, what songs from that demo are we actually using, where, or at least considering to use?

Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Kaijyuu said he might let us use his Mushroom Dugeon (Tyrano something) port used in this hack for the KC Castle, since I don't think we have any music for it yet.

http://bin.smwcentral.net/4584/Dungeon.zip

But it needs Carol's more.BIN, which does work with romi's addmusic even if the normal more.bin is already installed to the rom, but ADSR in other songs might need to be redone.

edit: Assuming we aren't worrying about emulator issues that much, is this ok for TheBottom. I think I'll actually work on that now.

#0@0t50y10q7Fv255
$EF$FF$40$40
$F1$FF$BE$01
#0r1

Mainly I want to know if we don't care about emulator issues cause by echos

Kil

Post by Kil »

Have you read this thread http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=thread&id=27103

Those commands would make the game crash on future versions of emulators, not to mention doom any hopes of getting the hack accepted on SMWC

also I thought the deadline was two days ago we should probably finish submitting what we already have instead of making new stuff
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Well I'm pretty much finished with my stuff now. Not sure what's left to work on that I could work on.

edit:
Also here's the Leek Star Music. I changed the tempo so it cutoff at a less cutoffy spot, and removed some unnecesary rests that make the song randomly got quiet.
Attachments
leekfast.zip
(607 Bytes) Downloaded 119 times

Kil

Post by Kil »

Yoshi HQ and all that stuff is done? Well that's good.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Oh well I thought other someone else decided to work on it.

GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

Sorry if I interrupt anyone, but could someone tell me his/her opinion on this song that I ported myself?
ColossalHoleWL3.zip
an spc and a txt
(33.04 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

yeah, that'd be great ^^
Too lazy to be creative here
kilon

Post by kilon »

I don't exactly know how the original sounds, but this, although a bit empty, sounds like it could be used in some sort of desert/cave like structure
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Kil, how exactly do the sample bank tables in your jukeblocks work? Do I just enter the number of the sample bank in the spot that corresponds to the song that uses it?

Also, didn't you have some song for the Rumia battle? I can't seem to find it...
Kil

Post by Kil »

It's in here isn't it viewtopic.php?f=9&t=649&start=25#p44330
yoshicookiezeus wrote:Kil, how exactly do the sample bank tables in your jukeblocks work? Do I just enter the number of the sample bank in the spot that corresponds to the song that uses it?
Sort of. Not the number of the sample bank. You enter the number of the level that uses the sample bank.

Sample tool works on a level based system, so I had to do it sort of backwards and base it on both the song number and level number.

For the sample tables in the blocks, you have to use the actual song numbers that the songs get inserted in. Like if you set water.txt in addmusic.ini to song 20, then you'd go into the sample table, go to the ;Songs 20-2F row, and set the first one to $001C (because 1C is the level that corresponds to the correct sample bank for song 20)

In short you have to go into the table and set either 001C (pressure point) or 00B0 (teleporter room) to the 3 songs with samples (assuming no one else is using samples here). Rumia and my teleporter both use the same sample bank so you can go ahead and set both of those song numbers to B0.

Or if you can tell me what song numbers those three songs have I can just make the table and paste it back here.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

I haven't actually inserted any of the songs or sample banks yet, so I think I'll do it myself when that is done.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Also, do we have a theme ready to use for the credits?
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Kilon suggested crash and burn but I don't know if the port for that was ever finished?
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
Kil

Post by Kil »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ltQVk7MQI

Apparently it's finished but there is some huge bug with it? I have no idea what's causing it either. I'm still trying to figure out why almost every addmusic song produces bugs on the latest versions of bsnes and snes9x...

Edit actually I think you can avoid things like that happening by moving percussive tracks to different channel numbers (move them off of sound effect channels), but I don't know if wyatt is even around anymore.