(shouting)

A Super Mario Thing - Levels Submission Thread

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
crushawake

Re: A Super Mario Thing - Levels Submission Thread

Post by crushawake »

Mkay, i'm done with the Yellow Switch after a while of trying to get this sprite to work and failing (damn sprite/sprite interaction!), so yeah... It also uses the message2.cfg, but that's already inserted... There is a little bit of slowdown that i'm hoping the fastrom patch will eliminate...
If you need a hand with Mario Romhacking in some way, feel free to PM me. I'll try and answer. <3
AnimeRules

Post by AnimeRules »

I updated some of my sublevels because I couldn't get one yoshi coin to appear for some reason, it wasn't even on a subscreen boundarie or anything, anyway, here ya go. Also like I said, please increase the main levels time by 100 seconds.

EDIT: Crushawake, that is one heck of a sprite, you should make it look like a baby yoshi eating something.
"Sometimes my hell, is so totally what" -raocow
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Well, I finished my Ghost House, and if anyone wants to they're more than welcome to try it out. It is a bit difficult, but keep in mind that it's in one of the last worlds.

Good Luck, and let me no if there are any problems.
Oh and here's the text for the message blocks:

116-A
If you didn't
bring a P-Switch,
simply go through
the pipe you did
earlier and bring
it with you. If
you want the star,
patience is key.

116-B
To control the
coins, simply use
the d-pad. Use a
P-Switch to make a
crossable path.
Good Luck!

tatanga (c) \24\22\22\2B

I still haven't decided on a level name yet. Any ideas?

EDIT: When testing, I noticed the directional coin block doesn't reset after going down a pipe. I would fiddle with the Item Memory Index, but I'd rather let some one who knows what they're doing do it. Anyone know which settings I should use to fix it?
Last edited by tatanga 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Here's my Special World Level,

The Arena

All you need to do is insert the "door generator when all sprites are gone", since I can't put too much stuff on my mom's computer, though I wanna get this done.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
crushawake

Post by crushawake »

AnimeRules wrote: EDIT: Crushawake, that is one heck of a sprite, you should make it look like a baby yoshi eating something.
Thanks, lol. I'm going to leave it up to YCZ if he wants to change the coin into something more fitting, though....
If you need a hand with Mario Romhacking in some way, feel free to PM me. I'll try and answer. <3
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

tatanga wrote:EDIT: When testing, I noticed the directional coin block doesn't reset after going down a pipe. I would fiddle with the Item Memory Index, but I'd rather let some one who knows what they're doing do it. Anyone know which settings I should use to fix it?
ROM Map wrote:10B5F - 1 byte - Change from F0 to 80 to allow Directional Coins to reappear if you activate the block, then leave the area and come back
I'll just go ahead and apply that to the main ROM.

EDIT: Kristian, did you by any chance test your level before submitting it? If you had, you would have noticed why you should under no circumstances allow two Amazing Flying Hammer Bros on screen at the same time.
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

I just thought of something...

Is there any way to test level 13 with all switches pressed short of playing through the hack? I'm starting to think that 300 might be too short.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:
tatanga wrote:EDIT: When testing, I noticed the directional coin block doesn't reset after going down a pipe. I would fiddle with the Item Memory Index, but I'd rather let some one who knows what they're doing do it. Anyone know which settings I should use to fix it?
ROM Map wrote:10B5F - 1 byte - Change from F0 to 80 to allow Directional Coins to reappear if you activate the block, then leave the area and come back
I'll just go ahead and apply that to the main ROM.
Thanks dude, I should have known to look at the ROM map...

I noticed a minor error in part of my level. This version should be the final one. Let me know if there is anything wrong with this version.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

yoshicookiezeus wrote: Kristian, did you by any chance test your level before submitting it? If you had, you would have noticed why you should under no circumstances allow two Amazing Flying Hammer Bros on screen at the same time.
No, I couldn't really test it since all all the sprite dissapeared and the game slowed down and stuff, it would kind of defeat the purpose of testing it, but since you applied the patches to the main rom I thought everything would be fine.

Also, why not two hammer brothers? Does it glitch out the game or what?
<SNN> WHO DARES
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Kristian wrote:Also, why not two hammer brothers? Does it glitch out the game or what?
I doubt hammer bro's glitch out the game... but wow having two of them to worry about at once? I would not ever want to do that.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

chdata wrote:I doubt hammer bro's glitch out the game... but wow having two of them to worry about at once? I would not ever want to do that.

There's no way it's as hard as raocow's "Trail of Iron", so it should be fine...
<SNN> WHO DARES
Norpser

Post by Norpser »

Ok so I have finally redone my level to hopefully make it at least a little bit more exciting.

The only thing I am having trouble with is the upside down cannon. I put it into map 16 under 320 and it appears in lunar magic, but doesn't appear when I test it for some reason. It baffles me.

As well, I would like to add some music to my level but seeing as it needs to be added directly to the hack, ill let you be in charge of attempting to add it (I don't really know how to do it anyways)

Here it is in the mean time with the music file in the zip folder. If you can add the music, great. If someone can tell me as to why the upside down cannon aint working as it should - please do.

*Edit - 11c is the map, with 2 sublevels of 151 and 152 (152 being the goal) Name of it is the final assault

*Edit - Fixed timing issue
WHOA MAN! This is a signature.
Fireyblaze

Post by Fireyblaze »

I'm having troubles using the fast autoscroll right. The blocks don't push you fast enough. So, if it is alright, I gonna add another gimmick. I'm gonna use line guided sprites underwater. It will take some EXGFX manipulation, but it will not take any space if I do it right.

Just letting you know, so you won't be surprised or anything.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Kristian wrote:Also, why not two hammer brothers? Does it glitch out the game or what?
Because they lock on to the same platform. Try it; you'll see what I mean.
Personalness

Post by Personalness »

Norpser wrote:Ok so I have finally redone my level to hopefully make it at least a little bit more exciting.

The only thing I am having trouble with is the upside down cannon. I put it into map 16 under 320 and it appears in lunar magic, but doesn't appear when I test it for some reason. It baffles me.

As well, I would like to add some music to my level but seeing as it needs to be added directly to the hack, ill let you be in charge of attempting to add it (I don't really know how to do it anyways)

Here it is in the mean time with the music file in the zip folder. If you can add the music, great. If someone can tell me as to why the upside down cannon aint working as it should - please do.

*Edit - 11c is the map, with 2 sublevels of 151 and 152 (152 being the goal) Name of it is the final assault

*Edit - Fixed timing issue
when you make the map16 tile, press f9 to save it to the rom
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Kristian wrote:
chdata wrote:I doubt hammer bro's glitch out the game... but wow having two of them to worry about at once? I would not ever want to do that.

There's no way it's as hard as raocow's "Trail of Iron", so it should be fine...
Actually I was thinking of a different game, and completely forgot it might just be hammer bro's that are above you. (cuz this one abuses tight passages with hammer bro's under you... along with alot of other things.)
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Norpser

Post by Norpser »

Thanks!
Here is the updated version then
11c -> 151 -> 152

The Final Assault
WHOA MAN! This is a signature.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:
Because they lock on to the same platform. Try it; you'll see what I mean.
Oh I see.

Instead of resubmitting, could you just remove one of them, and maybe add a charging chuck or something.
<SNN> WHO DARES
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Already done.

Also, this is why you test your levels before you submit them.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

People don't test their levels?
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

The only reason I couldn't is because when I played it, there were so much slow down and sprite limits, there was no point. I thought that the patches would fix it.

I always test my levels when I can though.
<SNN> WHO DARES
BlackDS

Post by BlackDS »

Oh hey, are we allowed to use swear words? My level will be titled GHOSTS ARE BITCHES! I just wanted to know if this was OK.
^"that is like the quotse of the year"
Do not deny it
My personal goal is to make 200 great posts.
Take my postcount, and subtract 1400.
Thats how many good posts i've made
AnimeRules

Post by AnimeRules »

I don't think we should use swear words if we want this to make it to SMWC. Besides, I don't think swear words fit in a Mario game/hack.
"Sometimes my hell, is so totally what" -raocow
BlackDS

Post by BlackDS »

Alright, lets hope I do this stuff right :D I remember it took me 2 hours just to add three pictures to atariage! :lol:
If you hack organizer guys want to change the level name to GHOSTS ARE EVIL!, then thats fine with me. Heres my level, please give me any suggestions to make it better!
My Level.zip
Edit: uh oh, it looks different :oops: . Why does everyone have a gray box but I don't! I feel descriminated!
^"that is like the quotse of the year"
Do not deny it
My personal goal is to make 200 great posts.
Take my postcount, and subtract 1400.
Thats how many good posts i've made
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

AnimeRules wrote:I don't think we should use swear words if we want this to make it to SMWC. Besides, I don't think swear words fit in a Mario game/hack.
yeah, you're right, only cats who trows footballs with there penis or shooting magical cum at you are alright and completely accepted! lol ^^