(shouting)

Levels Signup Thread - NEW INFO

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
Kil

Re: Levels Signup Thread - No levels available

Post by Kil »

Someone remind me which levels weren't being worked on again? I think there was a water level, or is that the argumentable/moniker collab level?
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Unless I missed a post somewhere (if that's the case, please tell me) the only level that's not being worked on at the moment is level 19.
kilon

Post by kilon »

I believe Tails wanted level 19

Here is hs quote from the third time is a charm confirmation thread
Tails_155 wrote:If big_drums does not reply, I would gladly take Level 19, and fine-tune my original pseudo-submission.

However: If it needs to be done before Thanksgiving you may want to Pass It Along, since that's the next chance I'd have to tool around.

Did you had a level for your Booster thing already Kil? i kinda forgot.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Yes, Kil has his booster level inserted as level 12.

Also, when is Thanksgiving? We don't celebrate it in Sweden.
kilon

Post by kilon »

quoting wikipedia
Today, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States.
So November 26th
Kil

Post by Kil »

Well then I'm glad I haven't gotten far on that level 19, but at least all the levels are finally accounted for.
randoguy101
spicey tomato

Post by randoguy101 »

Wait, so who has level 19 now? :?
- randoguy101
kilon

Post by kilon »

randoguy101 wrote:Wait, so who has level 19 now? :?
Tails_155
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

YCZ I think its a safe bet we'll need another sublevel for 115. More than likely more if you wanna go ahead and give us two since there's still a lot of sublevels left (?)

PS do we have to sign up for secondary exits? We need about 3 of those if that's the case, too (the plan is to use 115 145 and 147 because I think that's what you said to do)
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
KingYoshi89

Post by KingYoshi89 »

Hmmm, Can i join the collab? i it not done yet? :)
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

There are three sets of levels:
- Main Levels
- Final Castle Levels
- Void Corridor Levels

The Main Levels are all gone, the Void Corridor signups aren't open yet, but you can sign up for a Final Castle Level here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=705

There are rules and suggestions in the thread of how to go about making your level fit the rest of the Final Castle Levels.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
kilon

Post by kilon »

I would like to add that it is nice to have some experience with hacking. That may seem logical, but now that many new people come out of nowhere for a room in the final castle, it might be hard to see who is capable of things and who is not. Some are from SMWCentral, so that should be ok but others are harder to track down.
Ah well, I'm sure it should all be decent to amazing rooms in the end.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

edit: What is with me and not posting in the right threads?

I decided to try and use OverworldASM for the changing the music thing, and checking the X and Y OW positions.

MainOW:
LDA $1F17 ;Players X OW Position
CMP $#??
CMP $#?? ; Multiple checks for each possible level tile X position.
CMP $#??
CMP $#??
BEQ CheckY
BNE NoChangers
Checky:
LDA $1F19 ;Y pos.
CMP $#??
CMP $#??
CMP $#??
CMP $#??
BEQ ChangeStar
BNE NoChangers
NoChangers:
RTS
YoshiIsland:

I wanted to know if, instead of having to check LDA $1F17 and 19 for Mario's position with so many CMP's, is there some sort of greater than less than code? Also don't worry about this code not being very finished without the codes for changing music and such, I'm working on it.

Also...
$7E:0EF7 1 byte Misc. If negative and Mario is on a level tile, Mario will enter it directly.
There can be negative numbers loaded into ram addresses??? I don't understand.

LDA $#-01
STA $0EF7
I doubt this is right?
Last edited by Chdata 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Kil

Post by Kil »

Values 80 through FF can be considered negative values

By the way, I don't think that code will have the intended effect, because only the last CMP will determine whether or not it branches. The results of the first 3 will be ignored as there are no branches after them

BCS and BCC can be used for greater than and less than. This is a useful SNES asm'n guide with all of this stuff on it:
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=thread&id=16714
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

I remember someone telling me, when I had something with alot of CMP's and BNE's in a row I only needed one branch since they'll all go to the same branch anyways.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

chdata wrote:I remember someone telling me, when I had something with alot of CMP's and BNE's in a row I only needed one branch since they'll all go to the same branch anyways.
First, "BNE NoChangers : NoChangers:" with them being right after each other is pointless. You can eliminate "CheckY:" and the branch to it since that is also pointless. Anyways, I remember saying something like what you are talking about. You had code with LDA after each compare and branch even though it was loading the same value. The 'a' register never changed so all of those LDA operators were useless past the first one. There needs to be a branch directly after compare operators (there are exceptions to this) although you can have several branches without the need to compare more than once. Just so you know, all of the compare operators use subtraction and then change the processor flags (zero, negative, overflow, carry) instead of the register (CMP does not effect 'a' and CPX/CPY do not effect 'x' or 'y'). BCC is branch when carry is clear and BCS branches when it is set. Just like SEB, it is set when the first value is larger or equal to the second. Here is an example code based on yours:

Code: Select all

MainOW:
LDA $1F17   ;Players X OW Position
CMP #$XL   ;LOWEST ACCEPTABLE VALUE
BCC NoChangers   ;BRANCH IF LOWER
CMP #$XH   ;VALUE THAT IS TOO HIGH
BCS NoChangers   ;BRANCH IF EQUAL OR HIGHER
LDA $1F19   ;Y pos.
CMP #$YL   ;LOWEST ACCEPTABLE VALUE
BCC NoChangers   ;BRANCH IF LOWER
CMP #$YH   ;VALUE THAT IS TOO HIGH
BCS NoChangers   ;BRANCH IF EQUAL OR HIGHER
;;;CODE GOES HERE
NoChangers:
RTS
I am a cat. You cannot prove otherwise.
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

I'm getting really tired of seeing my level in this hack. It's way to short and just plain boring. So now I want to give it away. The reason is that I'm way better at hacking nowadays. But I don't have time to make a new level to this hack.

Another reason is that it was done long before you guys decided to actually make this hack good. And now my level stands out to much. As it is really basic. And it uses no Custom music. And I haven't even figured out a good name for it.

Someone can now have level 18. (If YCZ approve). Have fun with it!
kilon

Post by kilon »

Custom music: that can always be added. Not a problem, that's what the custom music thread is for anyway.

Name: not a problem either, there are more levels who don't have a good name yet. You can upload an IPS of the level, let other play it and let them choose a name.

Basic: it's not like that has to be a problem.

But ofcourse, since you are the creator, you have the final call on what to do with the level.
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

My first level that I submitted to this hack sucks when compared to what I can do now (wich isn't that much either), but yeah, I don't think you should delete it.

But if you insist, I guess I could take it and see what I can do (unless someone else want it?).
Kil

Post by Kil »

DaxterSpeed wrote:I'm getting really tired of seeing my level in this hack. It's way to short and just plain boring. So now I want to give it away. The reason is that I'm way better at hacking nowadays. But I don't have time to make a new level to this hack.

Another reason is that it was done long before you guys decided to actually make this hack good. And now my level stands out to much. As it is really basic. And it uses no Custom music. And I haven't even figured out a good name for it.

Someone can now have level 18. (If YCZ approve). Have fun with it!

Are there any pics or videos of your level? I can't remember.

I suggest leaving it in though. We can always add custom music if you want. Also maybe someone can add an ASM gimmick to it if you think it needs to be spiced up. I can thing of any number of things but I don't know what your level is like.
Last edited by Kil 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Yo, still need some sublevels bub. 3 of them would do nicely. And 4 secondary entrances
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

53 to 55 are all yours. And by four secondary entrances, do you mean four in addition to the four that comes with your main level and sublevels?
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

No, the ones that come with the sublevels are fine, I just forgot how it worked
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

kilon wrote:Custom music: that can always be added. Not a problem, that's what the custom music thread is for anyway.

Name: not a problem either, there are more levels who don't have a good name yet. You can upload an IPS of the level, let other play it and let them choose a name.

Basic: it's not like that has to be a problem.

But ofcourse, since you are the creator, you have the final call on what to do with the level.
I feel like leaving it. If of course someone else then Argumentable wants it. If no one wants the level, then In think we can leave it in.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Leave the level in. I hope this "my level isn't any good let's replace it" thought doesn't become a fad. If every level had to be perfect, this would never get finished. Nothings wrong with having a couple basic levels in the hack, and I'm sure if Yoshicookiezeus had any problems with the level he would let you know.