Levels Signup Thread - NEW INFO

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Levels Signup Thread - No levels available

Post by Tails_155 »

Okay... here's the predicament... I have a functional level 19 that I can use (though I'll have to move it since it's currently level 103 I think...) but... there are some things which probably would take some criticism... and I will not have time, now, to work on a project as big as it (even with only 1 sublevel, since it's a level all of its own, I will be a million times more meticulous) would be winter break, which is yet 2-3 more weeks away :( So for now I am pretty sure, unless no one claims it that long... that I will give up my coveted Level 19... because it's still very nice-quality, but YouTube Hack-y... so I will put Level 19 up for grabs unless no one takes it that long (since I have weeks for winter break, Thanksgiving break is only 3 extra days.)

Unless, of course, people want to test my level as-is and see whether it's fine for now... But I think that's probably ill-advised.

What I have: a level with 2 exits, forest-themed, an intended song (Forest Frenzy, I have the txt for it.) lots of Map16 fun... but still some very YouTube hacky stuff (clutter with Map16, a few wrong-tiles, and not many enemies...)

I uploaded pics, but I don't think it's of quality yet. If I end up having to wait on it, I may just tweak it until the next installment (that is so thoroughly planned despite the first one being on the table still XD)

TL;DR Summary: I will, for now, work on my CC level(s, if I can get the second one) and put Level 19 up for grabs unless unclaimed by Winter Break (Dec. 20th or so)
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

I'd like to see your present level 19.

Elsewise, for timeliness, I can offer this level, which is squared away and ready for testing/submission. (Ignore the music; I'll pick something more polished):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHddB082SK4

It obviously doesn't have a grassland feel, but since it's a cave I can cook up a prequel section above ground, and put a b&w pipe into this.

Of course, I've contributed 1.5 regular levels to the hack already, but we all want to see it done.
Nothing's easy.

Kil

Post by Kil »

I have a backup for 19 as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFFhHKb3rG8 Or it could be adapted for a void level, maybe.
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

:o Well, that's obviously too cool for school.

/retreats to where the vanilla things are
Nothing's easy.

kilon

Post by kilon »

I think Kil's thing works better for the void world seeing how gimmicky it is.

Tails, is the level you are talking about the one I tested a couple of months ago, with all the crazy mountain slopes and all that? If so, it was pretty good besides some few minor flaws.

Moniker: since I'm at university, I can't check the video now, but maybe friday. I;m Busy...
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

Since it seems no one's going to rule on this...

Kil, use your level for 19. It's a cracker. In an ideal world we could wait for Tails to make up his mind, but a (very) good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.

If you need additional material to make up a full OW level (can't tell from the video) pm me and I can help, if you want.
Nothing's easy.

Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

kilon wrote:I think Kil's thing works better for the void world seeing how gimmicky it is.

Tails, is the level you are talking about the one I tested a couple of months ago, with all the crazy mountain slopes and all that? If so, it was pretty good besides some few minor flaws.

Moniker: since I'm at university, I can't check the video now, but maybe friday. I;m Busy...
Yea, it was, but I haven't had time to make custom tiles instead of all the cement blocks... which shows just how much time I have XP
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

I hereby offer my assistance to polish up/finish/whatever the levels of anyone who is still holding theirs back for whatever reason. I require no credit, I just want the levels to get done.

So someone please confirm, who is taking 019 - Tails? Kil?
Nothing's easy.

Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Moniker wrote:I hereby offer my assistance to polish up/finish/whatever the levels of anyone who is still holding theirs back for whatever reason. I require no credit, I just want the levels to get done.

So someone please confirm, who is taking 019 - Tails? Kil?
I think we cleared this up already, but you absolutely deserve credit XD It's not like you just took it and submitted it, you actually did stuff to it
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

I would like to know how we will be going about creating the levels for the void area of the overworld. There are nine levels there, right? How will it be decided who gets to make a level for this. I don't see why we shouldn't probably start working on those now. I had a really unique idea for one of the levels. Check my earlier two levels, "Awesome Sauce Raft Ride," and "In and Out Boo Circles," if you want to see my level design style. I prefer making rather unique levels with gimmicks.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

They're already being/ have been made. Although theres the void teleporters.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
kilon

Post by kilon »

tatanga wrote:I would like to know how we will be going about creating the levels for the void area of the overworld. There are nine levels there, right? How will it be decided who gets to make a level for this. I don't see why we shouldn't probably start working on those now. I had a really unique idea for one of the levels. Check my earlier two levels, "Awesome Sauce Raft Ride," and "In and Out Boo Circles," if you want to see my level design style. I prefer making rather unique levels with gimmicks.
If you really think it will be unique, I say go for it. For a teleporter room that is, so only one sublevel. We don't want all of the teleporters to take too long, so it shouldn't be that lengthy.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Alright, sounds fair enough. I'll show you it later today, and you can decide whether or not you want it. Also, it's good to know this is being worked, as I hope we can release it soon.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Should have done this ages ago, but teleporter signups are now open. There are eight slots available, two (my Yukari boss and chdata's various layer 2 things that chase you) of which are already taken. Each of these teleporter rooms should contain either a boss (preferably) or some short and (very) gimmicky level.

Oh, and if you sign up for one, please try to finish it as soon as possible.
crushawake

Re: Levels Signup Thread - NEW INFO

Post by crushawake »

/signup
It will be a boss-sorta-kinda thing. His name shall be.... FYSCH!
:D
If you need a hand with Mario Romhacking in some way, feel free to PM me. I'll try and answer. <3
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

In that case I need two sublevels. If someone draws me a "Mondo" sized Charlie though then I'll request another probably.

Moniker

Post by Moniker »

chdata wrote:In that case I need two sublevels. If someone draws me a "Mondo" sized Charlie though then I'll request another probably.
How "mondo"? I've got that giant charlie banner for the title screen which could be a starting point.
Nothing's easy.

Chdata

Post by Chdata »

If possible I'd like it to be the same size as the map16 I made for Guts Tank (I can send anyone the files if they need it)

You see, I was going to try to draw the Giant Boss Bass to use the same map16 as much as possible (Yea that's my second sublevel idea thanks to Harmfulgravemind's LP's)

edit: Oh a banner... I'm not sure if I'd be able to fit it on the graphics pages or even with an exanimation. GT takes alot of exanimation, I figure the BB might if I decide to animate it, and Mondo Charlie... I was thinking of trying to draw him Guts Tank style. (Change the helmet to a football helmet and some other stuff... although this doesn't seem all too practical to me since I'm not THAT good at spriting.)

edit: Lol suddenly an idea for a giant Charlie Head chasing you only.
(Anyone think they could make a Banzai Bill X sprite if I drew the two 64x64 head frames?)

edit:
Also I think I might take a shot at making the actual teleporter room (Where the teleporters are). I have an interesting idea for it actually. (Could you send me a .bin for your teleporter graphics you used in that cutscene?)

Although I'm not going to attempt making the Objectool stuff because Chibikko said he had an idea for this and I don't know yet how to spawn map16 blocks at all.

Sorry I won't be able to make the teleporters have any special effects either I'm not sure how. (I know it'd be possible with a sprite but I'm still learning how to make those.)

edit 2: A realllly really fancy idea I have for the teleporters is how to make the last one show up that takes you do Black Plague (Can someone show me a video with that so I know what the thing's like? I've only ever seen the YTMND)
And I have an idea for the ASM to do it to.

kilon

Post by kilon »

Do we still do the already broken teleporters and the ones that send you to the same room?
I guess that depends on how fast the available teleporters are taken?

Also, are there still some rooms before the teleporter room and after Trails of Iron? Like a simple dark corridor or simpler void themed rooms?
Kil

Post by Kil »

Can I get a sublevel for my possible replacement for level 022?
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

So tell me about teleporter rooms. They need to be super hard and gimmicky, right? What about leading up to the teleporters?

I know I said I swore off most things until testing, and that's still the case, but I had a snail room sitting around that could at least lead up to the teleporters?
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

raocow's levels would be at the start of the level and after the first big boo fight, apparently I think you go through some random sublevels by people to the teleporter room. Then you got the eight teleporters with the gimmicks. After you beat them all I assume a ninth one appears. but some people suggest that it doesn't lead directly to the boss and that we throw in at least a few more sublevels. Although YCZ seems to have only opened up signups for the actual teleporters.

edit:
I just remembered I do have ideas for actual sublevels before my boss fight... so here's my official signup for my teleporter slot.

I need three sublevels.
One for my Godzilla gimmick, one for Guts Tank, one for a way oversized fish.

Also something some other people suggested was if anyone wanted to just make single sublevels and not full teleporters is that they make the sublevel and give it to someone making an actual teleporter thing so they can have sublevels leading up to it. (Incase they wanted to make some boss and not actual sublevels)

kilon

Post by kilon »

Argumentable wrote:So tell me about teleporter rooms. They need to be super hard and gimmicky, right? What about leading up to the teleporters?
tl;dr: yes.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Oh right, I forgot its "tacked on" to a raocow level. I'll probably just keep this thing to myself then and continue to not worry about it
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

So if I understood everything right, Kiniko didn't submit his level yesterday.

Signing up for level 00C and 3 sublevels.