Levels Signup Thread - NEW INFO

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Levels Signup Thread - NEW INFO

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

TELEPORTER ROOMS REMAINING: 6

NOTE: To be given a level to create, I need some information from you. If you fail to provide this information, your post will not be taken into consideration.

Information needed:
- What level you wish to create
- How many sublevels you will be needing

This map shows what levels have already been taken. A red square around a level tile means that the level is under production, and a green square means that the level is finished and has been inserted into the base ROM. A blue square means that the level has been inserted, but that parts of it requires redesigning. Obviously, the levels you can choose from are the ones that does not have any squares around them.

NEEDLESS TO SAY, I CAN'T BE ON THE FORUMS 24 HOURS A DAY TO UPDATE THE MAP AND THE LIST. BEFORE REQUESTING A LEVEL NUMBER, PLEASE READ THE POSTS ABOVE YOU TO CHECK THAT IT HASN'T ALREADY BEEN TAKEN.

Some general things to think of:

- Try not to waste Map16 space. We only have a limited amount of it, you know.
- If you need to use secondary exits, start out by using the ones with the same numbers as the ones of the levels you have been assigned. If you run out, PM me and I'll assign you more.
- Same thing goes for sublevels: if you need more than you originally thought, PM me.

Oh, and one last thing. If you have watched raocow's playthroughs of the VIP series, you will have noticed that many of the levels contain various gimmicks and don't only focus on platforming. It would be nice if as many of you as possible could come up with some kind of gimmick for your levels, as they really can make levels stand out. It could be anything: clever use of the Layer 2 scrolling commands, a puzzle with an unexpected solution, a level based on one certain type of sprite... Use your imagination!
Last edited by yoshicookiezeus 14 years ago, edited 24 times in total.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Re: A Super Mario Thing - Levels Signup Thread

Post by RedMageSusie »

Uh, I had submitted a level for "2" (then known as 10A). Is it not accepted, or just accidentally got lost somewhere?
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I wouldn't mind having the fortress 006, as I have some kind of vaguely plant themed thing for it that I posted a couple times trying to get feedback. I tried to keep it pretty simple as its only the second world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3MhMbdG2H0

It uses 3 sublevels, but I can shrink it down if needed, I don't mean to be a hog. It also uses 4 custom sprites (fire plant guy, upside down guy, and birdo with egg [I actually have the fire in there too in case someone else was using him) which can again be shrunk down, and two exgfx files. The exgfx numbers I used were 85 for the SMB2 graphics (birdo) and 95 for the fire plants (I'm not sure what else is in this file right now)

The sublevels I used were AA, AB, and AC. I will definitely need to change the main one.

Overall it probably needs some tweaking
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

RedMageMike wrote:Uh, I had submitted a level for "2" (then known as 10A). Is it not accepted, or just accidentally got lost somewhere?
So how come you didn't post it in the organization thread?

Very well, I'll put you down for that level. How many sublevels does it use?
Argumentable wrote:I wouldn't mind having the fortress 006
Consider it yours. I'll reassign the sublevels to 2A and 2B, though. (I would suggest getting rid of the first Ninji room, as it kind of seems quite pointless...)
BlackDS

Post by BlackDS »

this dosent exist
Last edited by BlackDS 14 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
^"that is like the quotse of the year"
Do not deny it
My personal goal is to make 200 great posts.
Take my postcount, and subtract 1400.
Thats how many good posts i've made
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Right now, we don't have any cave levels or ghost houses that aren't already taken, as seen on the map. And I would say that we already have a pretty good bonus game background:

BlackDS

Post by BlackDS »

http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=showexgfx&id=1209
We should have a poll to see which one is better!
Do not deny it
ultratowel112
Pronouns: He/him

Post by ultratowel112 »

BlackDS wrote:http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=showexgfx&id=1209
We should have a poll to see which one is better!
I'm pretty sure that we are already using the "awesome face" elsewhere in our hack (read the main hack thread to see where). So my vote would be for the "Hey There raocow", if we are even going to do a vote.

Edit: The OW isn't finalized yet (sky/ice world), but I have a yellow switch in the process of being made.
Last edited by ultratowel112 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

yoshicookiezeus wrote: Consider it yours. I'll reassign the sublevels to 2A and 2B, though. (I would suggest getting rid of the first Ninji room, as it kind of seems quite pointless...)
Actually I kept the pointless ninji part and got rid of the pointless birdo part. I don't like the birdo part without being able to reset the area (which the ninji room did) because if you killed birdo and didn't have a cape, you'd be dicked over. Also you pop up in the cave if you die after the midpoint, in a similar ninji room but with coins!!! I still need to test it with yoshi to see if everything is okay, but I'm thinking its about ready for submission.

I have the levels okay, but I wanted to ask you: what sprite numbers did you want me to use for the two plants I'm using? Right now they're 4 and 5, but again can be easily changed. Also is 95 okay to keep for their associated exgfx file?

Edit: Its ridiculously easy with yoshi, but he is glitchy with ninjis. GFX bypass fixes it fortunately. It should be ready then whenever you are able to answer my questions
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Kiniko

Post by Kiniko »

I'll take 003...? I shouldn't need more than 1 sub level...

Oh, if I'm assigned a sub level, and I end up not using it, do I just tell you, and you assign it to someone else who needs it?
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

I'll take level A in the forest..
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

@Kinoko: Got it. Use level 29 for the sublevel. And yes, if you end up not using it, just tell me and I'll mark it as free for usage by someone else.

@Darkbuu: Number of sublevels, please.

@Argumentable: Those numbers should be OK. I don't have anything else that use them.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:@Kinoko: Got it. Use level 29 for the sublevel. And yes, if you end up not using it, just tell me and I'll mark it as free for usage by someone else.

@Darkbuu: Number of sublevels, please.

@Argumentable: Those numbers should be OK. I don't have anything else that use them.
2 sub levels please.

EDIT: Actually, make that one
Last edited by Daarkbuu 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Kiniko

Post by Kiniko »

Oh, one thing I was wondering, could you post the paths? Because, my level would be kind of different depending on where the path says it passes through... It could be just a forest level or it could be kind of swampy, too...
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

@Darkbuu: Use 2C, then.

@Kiniko:
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:
RedMageMike wrote:Uh, I had submitted a level for "2" (then known as 10A). Is it not accepted, or just accidentally got lost somewhere?
So how come you didn't post it in the organization thread?

Very well, I'll put you down for that level. How many sublevels does it use?
Argumentable wrote:I wouldn't mind having the fortress 006
Consider it yours. I'll reassign the sublevels to 2A and 2B, though. (I would suggest getting rid of the first Ninji room, as it kind of seems quite pointless...)
Actually, it is in the organization thread, posted a couple days before you took over, I think. It uses one sub exit 9E.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... M1RIRGc9PQ

If you think I should improve it, just let me know.
BlackDS

Post by BlackDS »

This also dosent exist
Last edited by BlackDS 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Do not deny it
Zaidyer

Post by Zaidyer »

I've got one level all ready to go that I think would work in this hack. But it needs a secret exit and there aren't any available yet!

It's called "Raw Horse Power", a gimmick level where you need to abuse Yoshi to survive. Needs only one sub-level.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Two new worlds added to the list.

Oh, and please do not try to sign up for levels that aren't available at the moment.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

I'll take 13; I only need the main room.

Also, I do need to know how late in the game it is expected to be. What switch palaces have been met and such.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

The blue, yellow, and green switch palaces are the ones that are located before that level. Just don't make them absolutely mandatory to pass the level...
prsnth1111

Post by prsnth1111 »

Can I have D on the sky overworld?

And is th eother new one supposed to be just a grassy overworld?
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Level D. Got it. How many sublevels do you need? And yes, world four is just a grassland.

Kind of offtopic: Do you have a name for your level 102? If not, I have an idea: fill the level name space with the tiles used for the tide.
prsnth1111

Post by prsnth1111 »

Sure, go ahead. I can't really think of a name for it...
One sublevel should be fine. I take it the numbers underneath the letters are the level numbers?
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Use level 2D. And the numbers in black squares are the level numbers; the ones in green squares are the numbers of the events the levels trigger, which I am not too sure why I included in the picture...