(shouting)

Levels Signup Thread - NEW INFO

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Re: A Super Mario Thing - Levels Signup Thread

Post by Argumentable »

I said at the start everybody should make a level and have fun, and I still say it. However, I do agree that bad levels should, at the very least, be improved upon. Before its released to the general public, we should definitely have some people play and test as much as we can, and fix whatever needs fixing. Like proofreading, you know.

I think it would be dumb to believe that we'll leave everything as is. Don't get discouraged over it, things happen. We can work with you to make your level better if its one that people generally feel needs improving. Some might not even need "improving" persay, but some general tweaks could help

I say this with barely looking at any levels except for the few that were posted for testing
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

flameofdoubt wrote:Well ow. i'll agree that quality control is needed at some stage but at least let the guy try. if the level isn't good enough it won't get in, and surely it's a good idea to encourage people to do their best, so everyone can have fun getting involved. This is my first time hacking too and i...wow. Not quite sure what to say to that really. Does that mean i'm going to be stripped of my level allocation and cast down, shamed and unworthy? Maybe i'm overreacting here but...wow.
I never said that. There is nothing wrong with fillers, but too much is also bad. It was stated that this thing shouldn't be for first time hackers, vanilla levels are okay, but at least have some experience of your own. (such as making a decent quality level in the past)
prsnth1111

Post by prsnth1111 »

What is a filler level exactly? If we're expect VIP or Kouhai levels of uniqueness between levels, I doubt that this is possible here. We don't have hordes of experienced hackers, just a bunch of raocow fans who are of various skill levels in terms of smw hacking. Certainly I don't expect most of them to have some kind of unique gimmick or anything.
Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

prsnth1111 wrote:What is a filler level exactly? If we're expect VIP or Kouhai levels of uniqueness between levels, I doubt that this is possible here. We don't have hordes of experienced hackers, just a bunch of raocow fans who are of various skill levels in terms of smw hacking. Certainly I don't expect most of them to have some kind of unique gimmick or anything.
A filler level is a level of mediocre-poor quality. But there is a difference between regular fillers and actual well designed levels that are still vanilla or don't utilize gimmicks. While the best levels for the kind of hack we are making for Rao would be the gimmicky ones. Trust me, I have seen a few good gimmick levels other than the ones I made. It's really not all that hard.

REQUEST:I'll take level 123 of the special world 1 sub level. Gimmick= Trial by fire.
Therefore this levels gonna be a thing... that includes lava every where, podobos, fire spewing magikoopa, panser shower, boss bass etc.
Last edited by Daarkbuu 14 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Fireyblaze

Post by Fireyblaze »

I have plans for a water level. Its very much a thing. Can I get 125 of the special world? I'll only need 1 sublevel for the goal.

The gimmick is a fast scrolling water level, but it has pipes that shoot currents, so you have to use the currents to stay ahead of the stage and avoid fishes and such at the same time. Like I said, Its a thing.
Machoman

Post by Machoman »

@Daarkbuu

Just because it's someone's first time making a level. Like it's my first time I make an automatic level.

Does that means that it's going to be bad?
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

I need to know if you want me to do 10F (the desert level) even is its a cave one >.>.
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

can I have level 12 on Grassland? I would need 1 Submap.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

@Machoman: I'm not too sure about that gimmick... Wouldn't it be like normal precision jumping but with P-switches instead of munchers or pits?

@Darius: Sounds a lot like a generic swimming-through-small-passages level, with the exception that the walls kill you. And besides, unless you create some transition tiles, the level itself would look rather ugly.

@Daarkbuu: Your levels have been rather outstanding so far, so I'll trust you with level 123. How many sublevels?

@fireyblaze: That sounds kind of interesting, kind of like that NSMB level where the eel chases you. Just don't make the level unfair; put coins or something so that the player doesn't have to guess where to go to avoid stuff. I'll give you level 161 for the sublevel.

@tenta: I still need the number of sublevels.

@HarmfulGravemind: Actually, level 12 was claimed some while ago; I just seem to have forgotten to remove it from the list...
Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

2 sub levels please.
Last edited by Daarkbuu 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

No forest/grassland levels left available? Shame.

Oh well, I should have popped in about this earlier.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Caracc

Post by Caracc »

I call ice castle!

Seriously, gimmie that SOB, I'm up for that.
Pandemonium Fortress 2 is my personal best hack so far. Go on and play it.
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

Kilgamayan wrote:No forest/grassland levels left available? Shame.

Oh well, I should have popped in about this earlier.
Actually, there is one; but it's the castle. I think YCZ forgot to add that level 9 (forest castle) was open.
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

ooh sorry about that....well hummm...il take 2 sublevels please.
metaninja

Post by metaninja »

I want to do level 01C, the water land.

I will need 1 sub level.

I have drawn out the plans for the level. I just need to see if the tile sets I need will all work.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

If level 118 hasn't been taken yet, I would like to take it. I'll need one sublevel as well.
Chelf

Post by Chelf »

If the cave water level is still open, I'll take it. It sounds...fun to make. Otherwise, I'll take anything but a vertical scrolling level. I was thinking of an Airship level, but decided against it, since I'm late. If I can help. =X
Kopasznyaku

Post by Kopasznyaku »

Oh shoot, I do hope I'm not too late to participate in this.

While I haven't had all that much work with editing SMW levels in the past (I've made one single level before), I really enjoy making custom levels in any custom level builder, and I really would want to give this a try in any available level. (really not sure which are available at this point since the main page seems to have not updated recently enough, and right now I'm tired and I don't really know how many sublevels I'd need)
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

I need to remember to update this thing more often...

Daarkbuu: Use levels 164 and 165.

Caracc: Sublevels?

tenta: 166 and 167 for you.

metaninja: Your sublevel number will be 49.

tatanga: I am sorry, but 118 has already been claimed.

Chelf: Same thing goes for 1C.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

I see you have this
World 7 (desert)
116 - one exit (ghost house)
as the only thing left. Wow these filled up fast.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

chdata wrote:I see you have this
World 7 (desert)
as the only thing left. Wow these filled up fast.
Do you want this level? If not, I'll gladly take it. If there's two sublevels open, I'd like them. If not, one would still do okay. This is only if you don't want this level, of course, chdata
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

chdata is already working on the 11B ghost house, so I'll sign you up for the 116 one. Use sublevels 168 and 169.

Also, expect Bowser's Castle signups to start sometime in the near future.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Okay, thank you! From looking on the map it looks as if there's only one exit. Is that correct?
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

chdata wrote: World 7 (desert)
In other words, yes.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Sorry, I didn't see that lol.