(shouting)

Levels Signup Thread - NEW INFO

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Levels Signup Thread - NEW INFO

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Remind me why I haven't posted in this thread in forever.

Teleporters:
Kil - B0
flameofdoubt - B1
crushawake - B2
randoguy10 - B3
chdata - B4
Chaoticfox - B5-BA (six sublevels? Remember, the teleporter rooms aren't supposed to be complete levels of their own...)
Atma - BB

And with that, all the eight teleporters have been claimed.

RealLink: Right now, the boss is in 14C. Though I am fairly certain that as long as it doesn't require some extraordinarily complicated setup, I could probably insert the boss myself.
ChaoticFox

Post by ChaoticFox »

Don't worry, yoshicookiezeus. The sublevels will be very short, and because of the gimmick, you'll breeze right through 'em.

EDIT: Do you know if there are any free level messages available? I only need one, and it's to explain the level's gimmick to the player. Sorry if I'm asking for a lot.
Well aren't you a cute little troll!
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

You do have the message boxes for your level numbers reserved for you I believe.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Kil

Post by Kil »

Can I have a level number for the castle 5 boss too?
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Atma

Post by Atma »

YKZ, I've finished figuring out how many additional sublevels I'll need, 2. Here's the catch though, I'll need the Variable Width Font cutscene tool AND 3n+1 (decimal) subexits AND 1 free RAM address to use with LevelASM. N is equal to the number of questions.

Let me explain my plan.

I'm going to make my teleporter boss have an attack pattern based on a series of four questions which you answer beforehand. each question will set or clear a bit or the free RAM which the boss will use to determine it's attack pattern. for each question, I need a subexit for answer 1 and answer 2. each subexit warps you to a different screen of the 2nd sublevel where the levelASM code I have will set/clear the bit in question based on your screen position. then a subexit will warp you back to another subscreen of the first sublevel for the second question.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Sounds like a solid plan.

Also hi, Atma.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Atma wrote:Here's the catch though, I'll need the Variable Width Font cutscene tool AND 3n+1 (decimal) subexits AND 1 free RAM address to use with LevelASM. N is equal to the number of questions.
Cool, sounds complicated I hate it
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Argumentable wrote: Cool, sounds complicated I hate it
just for that, I should cover my entire body in penises.

Sweet idea you got there Atma.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Teleporters:
1. YCZ
2. Kil
3. flameofdoubt
4. chdata if I end up claiming two - (guts tanks and YZC)
5. Chaoticfox
6. Atma
7. chdata again? (Boss Bass and Jelly fish) otherwise open
8. joke teleporter (also open)

I'm talking with someone who made a levelASM version of the RPG overworld patch, and FoD is drawing some gfx for it, and that person is thinking of making a teleporter thing with it.

edit: ~Psychic
Last edited by Chdata 14 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
mrwannabe

Post by mrwannabe »

I want to make the teleporter level, made a levelASM version of the overhead RPG system
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Because I thought this place seemed appropriate: yoshicookiezeus, can we get a room for the KC battle I'm making? Kil's come up with a spiffy patch to make the camera follow KC, and I'm working on the room, but his patching is much easier if he can make it level specific.

Also since I think this form comes after heavy press, can you show me what the heavy press room looks like? That way the start of my level can mimic that for continuity, also maybe have some map16 broken heavy press tiles. In that case can you give me any big stretch of map16, I've no idea how many tiles I need but I know I need at least one, so just allocate me an arbitrary amount and I'll do what I can with those.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Sure, have room C0.

Also oh god I completely forgot about setting up Heavy Press. It's a good thing I already have the main sprite... Anyway, my plan is for it to crash through the floor once you defeat it, so you could set up your room however you want. Just try to make it look like it's in the basement under the castle or something. If you need the Heavy Press graphics, those should be somewhere around ExGFX200.

And I'll just go ahead and allocate you the entirety of page A, since it's completely empty.
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Brilliant, thanks! The falling through the floor thing works perfectly.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
RealLink

Post by RealLink »

I'd need four sublevels for the HQ. The main room, con's and the commander's room, and the food place.

E:
What's the sprite number of the Yoshi NPC? Just want to know so I can already put them into the level.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Have 59-5C. Yoshi NPCs are 39-3F for palettes 9-F respectively, 41 for Con, and 42 for the leader.