(shouting)

raocow's thread -mention me raocow!!!!

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

raocow's thread -mention me raocow!!!!

Post by raocow »

hey hey!

Since I'm avoiding to go in any thread, so as the content can remain a surprise for me until the very end, I figured I'd create this little thread here if I have anything to say, or if anyone has anything to ask me.

Also, could the project-head give me level numbers I could use? I would like to participate in this thing in a more direct way, even if my hacking skills are still those of a neofyte. I have an idea for three stages, with two 'parts' for two of them, and three for the another. Is that okay? Can I trust someone to be able to find a place for them too, since I don't want to butt in or create any extra difficulties here, either.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: raocow's thread

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

By "parts", you mean sublevels, right? In that case, I'll put you down for levels 13A, 13B, and 13C as "main" levels (as in the ones you enter from the overworld), and levels 1F7-1F8 and 1FA - 1FE for the sublevels.

(If anyone else is already using any of these levels, please tell me so that I can reassign stuff properly.)
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Thanks a lot, mate!

I suppose there are no set deadlines yet, hmm?
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Not as of now, no. I mean, we just got started on this thing... A lot of stuff is still in the planning phase, including the overworld and storyline.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Rao, I heard you made the 'hardest level ever' for the hard hack compilation.
Man, I can't wait to see it.

In other news, glad to have you work on a couple levels. :D
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

It's nice to have raocow make levels for the collab. It just wouldn't be a talkhaus collab without SOMETHING from him. :D

I hate you all.
raocow

Post by raocow »

Is it normal that I can't find 13C in the 'oh hey what level does this dot correspond' list on the overworld?
AnimeRules

Post by AnimeRules »

Um.. I think so, cause I just checked mine and it is not there. There's only a certain amount of levels to represent a level. The rest can only be for sublevels.
"Sometimes my hell, is so totally what" -raocow
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

You can only use certain levels to be the main level on the OW. The last level you can use is 13B.

You can use all the other levels as sub levels though.
EG Your main level is 13a or something, and then you go through a pipe in 13a that leads to another path in level 13c.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

According to SMWC:

Question: How do I add level 25-100 or 13C-1FF to the overworld?
Answer: You can't.

You got tricked (maybe)
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

13B is the last level number you can use on the overworld. 13C can only be accessed by a screen exit. I guess you could use 139 as your third level if YCZ has no objections.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Yes, just use level 139 instead of 13C. (And now that I check, I even had you put down for 139 in the level list, so I must have simply made a mistake when posting...)
raocow

Post by raocow »

Oh man I am having construction trouble and I don't know what's up. I hope I can use this page as a trouble-shooting area?

The last two pictures relate to a glitch that happens. When I go in the red pipe as shown, the room where it leads too has a garbled up background that's all glichty. It's something I've seen in smwcentral's 'refusal thread', and I have no idea how to fix this? I'm sure it's really simple too!

The first room, is a boss room. Now, from what I can see, there are really not that many sprites on screen at once, yet sprites are disapearing left and right, and mario keeps becoming invisible, and I have NO IDEA WHY. Again, I'm sure it's really simple too!

Sorry for being captain beginner face here!
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

What is your sprite memory set to in the first screen shot?
raocow

Post by raocow »

Daarkbuu wrote:What is your sprite memory set to in the first screen shot?
... where do you find that?
Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

raocow wrote:
Daarkbuu wrote:What is your sprite memory set to in the first screen shot?
... where do you find that?
click on the lakitu head in lunar magic and you'll have a drop down box of all the settings. I recommend you to use number 0E or higher.

EDIT: For the garbage layer, I'm not to sure what causes that....maybe if I had your level I could fix it. Damn it, it said some where on smwcentral.

EDIT EDIT: If it doesn't appear in lunar magic (the bg garbage) there might be something wrong with your rom.
raocow

Post by raocow »

Man, 0E and 0F still are jarbled.

Well, I can put the smc file here. DON'T LOOK AT IT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE SURPRISE OR WHATEVER!!

Also, I'm balancing the difficulty, as I think it's a tiny little bit kinda maybe hard-ish.
Kiniko

Post by Kiniko »

raocow, from what I understand, the background garbage has something to do with the differences in properties between the two maps you warp between. Not 100% sure what it is, though....
Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

raocow wrote:Man, 0E and 0F still are jarbled.

Well, I can put the smc file here. DON'T LOOK AT IT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE SURPRISE OR WHATEVER!!

Also, I'm balancing the difficulty, as I think it's a tiny little bit kinda maybe hard-ish.
I set the memory to 12 and it works fine.
prsnth1111

Post by prsnth1111 »

Pretty fun, I think there were some parts that required prior knowledge to really pull of well though. Maybe the coin paths at the falling part could be more helpful since you don't hav emuch time to react. Remember it's always really easy for a hack creator to play his own level. Some parts I could not do savestateless but hey, I'm not that great at Mario anyways :D
Kiniko

Post by Kiniko »

raocow!! I ASK OF YOU, THIS QUESTION!!!

How did you get the custom music to not break when you hit the pswitch?
raocow

Post by raocow »

Daarkbuu wrote:
raocow wrote:Man, 0E and 0F still are jarbled.

I set the memory to 12 and it works fine.
Well then, it's pretty obvious that I am a fool that doesn't know how to listen.

Sorry :(

Now for that garbled graphics... properties of what, I wonder!

Kiniko - ask Dealth! He inserted the music for me!
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Its definitely really hard
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

Holy crap raocow, yah think you made it hard enough :shock: could you do it without save states?
CondorTalon
Banned

Post by CondorTalon »

Ah... I think, raocow, you're problem is this.

How high do you enter the room with garbled BG? As in, when you enter that room, how high are you in that level? Cuz your problem might be that the initial BG settings are too low or too high. Also, is it a primary or secondary exit? If it's a primary exit:

1. Click on the door with the 1 on it (on the toolbar)
2. Check the initial FG, BG settings
3. If you enter the room near the top, set them both to 00, if near the middle, 60, and if near the bottom, C0.

If it's a secondary exit, do the same steps above, but instead of clicking on the door with the 1 on it, click the door with the 2 on it.

Hope it helps.