(shouting)

A Super Mario Thing - DEADLINE: Feb 28

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
Dealth0072

Re: Collab Hack?

Post by Dealth0072 »

raocow has a message to deliver to the thread, and I am the guy to do it.
Hey guys, raocow here using the POWERS OF AN EMMISSIONARY OOOOOHHHHHHH yeah.

So, anyway, looks like this is going super! At the time I write this there's like 14 deep and that's just awesome. I don't know what you guys are planning, but AIM BIG. AIM to be, like, the english version of VIP. I MEAN IT - put as much
injokes as you want, but make a solid, awesome hack that everyone will want to play.
Sure, that may be a lot, but it's by aiming high that we create great stuff! (Also remember that vip1 had very soso begining so that gives some leway to TalkHaus Production, yo)

So yeah. Good luck!!
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

It's nice to see that raocow is happy that we're going along with the collab. And we'll definetly have some surprises in store for him! (Looks at Black Plague) ... Yeah. :D

I hate you all.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Well, that's encouraging. ^^

Also, we should have a DKC2 based level and have a message like:

"Karol has temporarily shanghai'd our hack"
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Sneak preview of the second area in the level!
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Looks awesome, except you might want to create some ExGFX for a rope ladder or something going down that tree, instead of expecting Mario to know he can climb right up trees. Just a personal opinion, though.
Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

Purely vanilla (in lunar magic) hand made clouds. I personally like them, they have a surreal look to them. (not final version)
Wareng Teng

Post by Wareng Teng »

oh my jeebers.
i need to be a part of this. beta testing, level ideas, artwork (by which i mean artwork) anything but level design. please consider my offer, sirs/madams.

aw man, posting on a dsi. it's got potential, i'll tell you what
Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

Okay, I'm satisfied, what about you guys?
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

Nice, Darkbuu! I'm kinda surprised to see this stuff done with just Lunar Magic, but whatever.

I hate you all.
Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

SpikyRat wrote:Nice, Darkbuu! I'm kinda surprised to see this stuff done with just Lunar Magic, but whatever.
he he, I can make some really amazing things that most people wouldn't think of....using only lunar magic^^ Although, it doesn't make it any easier.
prsnth1111

Post by prsnth1111 »

Does anyone know how to get the bullet bill shooting sound effects into a level? Or is it only with generators?
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

prsnth1111 and RedMageMike please send me your levels please. ( I prefer .mwl just go to file, save level as, or something like that.)

Wow, I am very encouraged by raocow. I am kind of uneasy, though, the English VIP? Sheesh, we better work hard on this.

Oh and whoever asked about using level 12B for sky world, could you please wait 'till we get there.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
🦆 RedMageSusie

Post by RedMageSusie »

Yeah, he's got so pretty high expectations from us, but at least we got some leeway. Plus, seeing some of the levels so far, I think we should be okay. ^^

Edit: Forgot the level. Whoops! I still haven't thought of a name for it.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

RedMageMike wrote:Yeah, he's got so pretty high expectations from us, but at least we got some leeway. Plus, seeing some of the levels so far, I think we should be okay. ^^

Edit: Forgot the level. Whoops! I still haven't thought of a name for it.
Yeah. Remember to think of some kind of silly-ish name. Take your time though.

EDIT: just upload it to megaupload or something, and don't put it in a .rar, I don't have it on my moms computer. Just upload it as a .mwl.
<SNN> WHO DARES
GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

Hey People, a good friend of mine told me that you guys are making a collab hack.
And this seems to be pretty interesting, even though I only read page 1 and 15 XP

So, this collab hack will probably be very interesting, since we apparently have people like Yoshicookiezeus and darkbuu and a lot of beginners in it :D

You know, I haven´t been in actual projects since that one level contest over at SMWCentral and my own hack, so count me in for this collab hack ^^

I´m making a few levels (that means like 1 or 2 or so) for this project to help you people out, okay?

So, I´ll check this more often to be up to date and yeah, I´ll start making levels asap to show you results as early as possible ^^
Too lazy to be creative here
🦆 RedMageSusie

Post by RedMageSusie »

prsnth1111

Post by prsnth1111 »

Kristian, I'm just going to "fine tune" it a bit before I send it...and I need to send my .txt music file in addition to the level....unless you want to wait until later for all the music stuff....
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Yeah, I won't be managing this for much longer guys, I've pm'd darkbuu about the decision, and if he doesn't want to, we'll find someone else.

The reason for this is I'm not all that good at map16, and I know NOTHING of ExGFX.

I will still be making quite a few levels, and definitely well be doing OWs still.

So, thank you and have a nice day.

(I'm off to tennis again. ;D)
<SNN> WHO DARES
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

I expected you to end up having somebody else to head the project, really, seeing about what you said about vanilla hacks, and, um, stuff.

I hate you all.
🦆 RedMageSusie

Post by RedMageSusie »

Okay Kristian. You did a good job getting everything started at least, so thanks for being the organizer thus far!
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Map16 isn't bad, and with exgfx you just put the files in a folder and load them into the game. I'm still willing to help out with what I can, I've just been extremely lazy with my level(s). If you guys need help with something simple enough feel free to AIM me and I might even answer.
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

Someone should make a level called "berserker fortress" or something like that. In which the gimmick is the crazy fast bullet bills that follow you around.
prsnth1111

Post by prsnth1111 »

So are you taking over for Kristian, Darkbuu, or.....
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Ok, we need someone to take over the hack, darkbuu rejected the job, he has his reasons.

So, yeah, we need someone who's, you know, GOOD!
The person who takes over needs to have good level design, be organized, knows great map16 and GFX/ExGFX.

The two people I've talked to have suggested Yoshicookiezues. I think he may be to busy with other projects.
If you would have the time, YCZ, I'm sure everyone would be behind me when I say we would like you to lead this. It's your choice though.
I don't know how we'll decided who takes over if YCZ doesn't want to, I'll probably just decided with Death, and Darkbuu.

Have a nice day.
<SNN> WHO DARES
TwilightArts

Post by TwilightArts »

Aren't there any people we could "recruit" for our hack from smw-central? As far as I know theres even a smw-central-admin among us, so maybe someone who's already known in their forum could make an announcement of our special raocow hack. I don't know how popular raocow actually is, but I'm sure there are some people over there on smw-central that aren't in our forum but still like raocows LPs.
Maybe they are willing to help us and donate some good levels.
"What the hell. And thus hell was whated." - raocow, VIP 4

My videos on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwilightArts