(shouting)

A Super Mario Thing - DEADLINE: Feb 28

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
Machoman

Re: A Super Mario Thing - DEADLINE: Feb 28

Post by Machoman »

So what about the demo counter, will it ever be fixed?
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

I just realised that the background on the overworld has mushrooms, stars and fire flowers.
oh well.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Ok, everyone loved the first 15 minutes of ASMT.
Will the expectations be to high now? We all know that not every level is super awesome. (no offense to the makers) and that is absolutely logical, but you know how it goes with youtube..
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

I worked it out, and at the start of the game the levels are only good with some bad ones. Later worlds are mostly good with some great levels and few bad ones. The final few worlds are mostly great levels with some good ones.

So people might be a bit disappointed with how worlds 1 and 2 and maybe 3 are, as they mainly contain just good and some bad levels. As the hack progresses though it just gets better and better in my opinion, so by the end they'll hopefully love it.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
kilon

Post by kilon »

Yeah, that does make sense seeing how the earlier worlds are made first and with the non serious character.

I do almost feel sorry for not having that much plot going on until the end of the game.
But it might have been overkill then anyway.
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

I don't really see the problem at all, the VIPs were even worse, and if anything it makes the really good levels shine even more. It's all about contrast.
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

I think the plot works ok. Basically the player is flooded with plot at the start of the game before they play any levels, and then apart from the odd message there's absolutely nothing until the end of world 7. This is good because the start of the game gives you the premise and then doesn't bother the player unnecessarily until it becomes important, so there's a plot AND they can just play the game.

Sure it isn't as integrated for that part of the game but I think that works here.
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

There's also the castle destruction sequences which probably none of us have played with since they only appeared just before YCZ sent it to raocow. (Note to self: play through castles to check cutscenes.) So, plot may not be as non-integrated as we're thinking. It's hard to think from a gamer's perspective when you've been working/testing it for so long.
Nothing's easy.

Kil

Post by Kil »

which one of you wrote the first castle destruction sequence by the way, because it is the best text in the whole game ive seen so far
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

Thanks. (I wrote all of them, unless I'm forgetting something.)
Nothing's easy.

crushawake

Post by crushawake »

Plot peoples - You've done a real good job. So good that raocow thinks it's Bowser the Charlies are working for! :D Good job! He'll get a shock when he finds out... :twisted:
If you need a hand with Mario Romhacking in some way, feel free to PM me. I'll try and answer. <3
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

We need to make sure raocow GAME OVERs at some point. Seriously. That's amazing.
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

Hey, Flame, YCZ, was my level ever inserted? (18B) Because I saw discussion about it in the other thread just now...
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
TwilightArts

Post by TwilightArts »

flameofdoubt wrote:We need to make sure raocow GAME OVERs at some point. Seriously. That's amazing.
What exactly happens then?
"What the hell. And thus hell was whated." - raocow, VIP 4

My videos on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwilightArts
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Okay, I am very disappointed, for what reason was my castle level removed from the list? I worked very hard on it, turned it in on time, and tested it like crazy. For what POSSIBLE reason was it not included?
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

TwilightArts wrote:What exactly happens then?
Oh if you don't know it's worth the wait I assure you, but if you want I'll spoil it.
Tails_155 wrote:Okay, I am very disappointed, for what reason was my castle level removed from the list? I worked very hard on it, turned it in on time, and tested it like crazy. For what POSSIBLE reason was it not included?
I'm sorry I have absolutely no explanation, I asked yoshicookiezeus at the time but I don't think he ever got back to me, I think we need to ask him.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

I've tried messaging YCZ for various things in PM, it doesn't work for me... so unless it gets answered here I will go without knowing, and that is not a place I think anyone wants to be... I do know that I followed the proper procedure for submitting my levels, and did so in a timely fashion, and I demand some sort of explanation.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

YCZ gets PMs, he just takes a week to reply to them
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Argumentable wrote:YCZ gets PMs, he just takes a week to reply to them
I've sent him PMs about things more than a week, month, etc ago. I never have received a response.
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Since it really isn't fair if there was no reason for it not being inserted, and depending on how up for this raocow is, I think this is a big enough incentive to send him an updated version. It means we could fix Kil's music issue as well. There are other fixes or updates but I think that might get too much into the territory of extending the game, whereas these two things are rather more important.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

18B? Which one was that? Because the only reasons I could think of that would cause me not to insert a castle level would be if it either wasn't posted in the submissions thread or just plain out didn't work.
Kil

Post by Kil »

Looking at this txt file with all of the levels in it, the only thing I see with "tails" in it is Wild Green Yonder, which is in world 4. Is that the stage? if not, then chances are it didn't make it in.
kilon

Post by kilon »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=705&p=38286#p38286

and a couple posts below that map16
Kil

Post by Kil »

flameofdoubt wrote:It means we could fix Kil's music issue as well.
I'm more worried about the game being unbeatable if you don't save and reset issue. If we fix anything eventually, let's fix that.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Well, if it's in the signups thread, no wonder it didn't get inserted. There just didn't seem to be any point in searching through all of the threads for levels when we had a perfectly good submissions thread.