(shouting)

A Super Mario Thing - DEADLINE: Feb 28

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
flameofdoubt

Re: A Super Mario Thing - DEADLINE: Feb 28

Post by flameofdoubt »

About the submarine Blarggs: didn't raocow say that he thought the credits-only thing was a really hilarious joke? Plus it means he'll be expecting and looking forward to seeing the one time he'll get to see them, and might find them even funnier because of that. If we put in more Blarggs that gets ruined, but it's up to what everyone else thinks.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
TwilightArts

Post by TwilightArts »

Well yeah, but credits are usually just there to show what made it into the hack. Not stuff like "oh hey, there's this sprite, and some peeps found it to be pretty hilarious, but noone wanted it in his level".
It's better than nothing to have it in the credits, sure thing, but it still bothers me. When it fits nowhere, that might even be true. But hey, it was being voted on, there where two submarine blarggs, one of them won, people loved it - and now they just abandon it?! WHAT THE HELL?! :shock:

Sure, the blargg was created by Machoman due to my idea/request, therefore I'm kinda biased and heavily want that thing in the game, but I still feel like Tail_155: Sad and somewhat betrayed. :(
"What the hell. And thus hell was whated." - raocow, VIP 4

My videos on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwilightArts
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Try not to see it like that, it's not that nobody wanted the sprite in their level, it's just that nobody wanted blarggs in their level. The people who did want blarggs in their level were working on graphics based levels so obviously they had to change them. Nobody abandoned it, and very few of the level designers actually went to the graphics changing threads, so I doubt any of them even knew about how good the blarggs are. So don't feel betrayed, it's just a matter of circumstance, and I still think raocow will find it extra funny, and be sure to mention and make a big deal about it, because he knows it's exclusive to the credits.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
TwilightArts

Post by TwilightArts »

I guess you're right. Thanks :)
To be perfectly fair, I have to say I really liked the "Worm Cave" idea from Machoman with his worm blargg - this makes perfect used of custom level based sprites, where the submarine would have failed beyond belief.
"What the hell. And thus hell was whated." - raocow, VIP 4

My videos on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwilightArts
kilon

Post by kilon »

And that is why we should release the graphic changes before we start signing up for levels for ASMT2.
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

For my own edification: chdata, what became of your improved BP fight? (Not a demand for it to be finished, if unfinished. Just curious.)
Nothing's easy.

rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

yeah I'm also interested chdata, It was looking really awesome from what I saw in the last video.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Also, the patch better gets there fast cause SS Cotopaxi is in world 7 and so is raocow almost.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Knew news: My disable death might be incompatible with levelASM. It hijacks the same exact spot. Well actually I know an easy fix but I don't know what's up with the rom currently.

(Perhaps YCZ can send it to someone?)

About that black plague extension: I never managed to get the fading to invisible to work so I decided to wait for ASMT 2 to use them and my idea. =/

unless someone wants to make a room using the sprites while they don't fade out and can be immediately killed just by throwing 3 blocks really fast (except for the boss).
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>