(shouting)

An ASMT Trailer

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

An ASMT Trailer

Post by raocow »

D'y'all think there should be a trailer for the game, for it's release?

Like, just a short video of some of the punchier sections (without spoiling the very best bits) would be pretty rad for those that didn't follow the playthrough. I mean, it's the trailer that convinced me to play Omega after all.

One issue - the release date is kinda near.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Alex-R

Re: An ASMT Trailer

Post by Alex-R »

I actually had an idea like that, and planned to compose some sort of medley or something with all of the overworld themes for it, but then I realised that I'm lazy.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

it's should have something like "Requiem for a dream" as the music and be really overly dramatic with fade in and out and quick cuts and edits, with dramatic text coming up on screen.
it should be so over the top and dramatic that it's just completely stupid.
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

One girl...

...on an epic quest...

Are you courageous enough?

Do you have what it takes?

Are you ready...

...to get some vegetables?

*MY GOD MUSIC*

Coming to a web site near you soon!
Yup... It's horrible.

Moniker said he would do a full playthrough of the newest (and probably last) version. Maybe we could ask him to record some stuff?
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Have fun doing a full playthrough by tomorrow
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

Moniker wrote:Well, I guess I'll test as much as I can. Just want to make sure the thing is absolutely finished before everyone moves on.
Okay, maybe not a full run, but it seems like he will check the parts that were broken and some of that is some pretty good stuff.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

If it would help people put together some sort of trailer in time, I could delay the release until Sunday. C3 does last the entire weekend, after all.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

First draft of a C3 release topic:
Dealth0072 on June 23, 2009 wrote:We should do a raocow.com collab hack
With that, the idea for what would become A Super Mario Thing had been stated. And now, almost a year later, the hack is finally finished and ready for release.

ASMT is a collaborative effort, having been worked on by many members of the Talkhaus community, and managed and put together by me. The aim with the hack was to create sort of a western counterpart to the Japanese VIP and Wall Mix series, with unique level gimmicks, some (if I may say so myself) quite impressive ASM work, and even a set of global sprite graphic swaps. And just like the VIPs, the hack contains quite a few injokes and references to other games.

The protagonist is Demo the one-eyed space demon, who accidentally ends up in the Mushroom Kingdom after a freak teleporter accident during a mission to gather vegetables for her master. Once there she runs into a scouting party of the Charlesian army that is currently ruling the Mushroom Kingdom, and in the resulting scuffle, she loses her return teleporter. To get it back, she teams up with the local Yoshi Resistance force. Will Demo be able to retrieve her teleporter and return home? Will she be able to defeat the mysterious leader of the Charlies? And will she be able to find enough vegetables during the way to please her master? Click the
<big><big><big><big>download link</big></big></big></big>
and find out!

But enough words. Have some screenshots:

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Lastly, as you may or may not have been aware of, the quite famous Youtube Let's Player raocow (whom ASMT was created for in the first place) finished his playthrough of the hack not too long ago. You can find it here.
Opinions?

Also: raocow, did you want your WtH sprite swaps in your void levels or not?
Kil2

Post by Kil2 »

Those are some nice screens. Was stuff like gutsdozer too spoilery? 'Cause the teleporter rooms are quite the visual spectacle.
kilon

Post by kilon »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:Once there she runs into a scouting party of the Charlesian army that is currently ruling the Mushroom Kingdom
Actually, she falls into the party...

And if we have to remove the HDMA for the Rumia battle, a screenshot with HDMA shows false information.. (unless I'm being stupid and that isn't HDMA)
Kil2

Post by Kil2 »

The black things are windowing and brightness HDMA. The stuff that was removed only stops the clouds in the background.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Unless someone points out anything else that should be changed, I'll just go ahead and release this then.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Why not wait until Sunday? That should give last minute testers some more time and the last day of an event is usually for the bigger happenings. Or sometimes at least.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

I'd actaully rather my void worlds use the standard asmt graphics, if my bursting here to say this at this hour isn't too late.
Kil2

Post by Kil2 »

Actually the longer you wait to release it, probably the less people are going to check the C3 board or be interested in it. I say as soon as possible.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

raocow wrote:I'd actaully rather my void worlds use the standard asmt graphics, if my bursting here to say this at this hour isn't too late.
No, it isn't too late. I just went through your levels and reverted the graphics.

And myself, I would probably agree with Kil in so far as we should release this as soon as possible. I have gone through the main spots that have given us trouble so far without running into any errors, and it would be kind of mean to keep all the people who are looking forward to the release of this thing waiting.

And besides, I was planning on releasing the resource pack tomorrow, so if interest in the thread has died down by then, that would most likely revive it.
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

Speaking of graphics, the sitting frame for (at least) small Demo in rao's castle room is still messed up.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Alex-R wrote:Speaking of graphics, the sitting frame for (at least) small Demo in rao's castle room is still messed up.
Fixed.

Release in ten minutes unless anything else comes up.
raocow

Post by raocow »

You might want to check the similare frame in the chdata Final Castle 'computer' room.
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

Already did, it works.

I think I've tested all the parts that were broken in the LP now.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

In case people are interested, there is the release thread. 11 replies already...
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails

Post by Tails_155 »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:In case people are interested, there is the release thread. 11 replies already...
Does this mean you can get back to Cookie Crisis? O.O (Not right away of course, a break is well warranted)
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails

Post by Tails_155 »

Semantic games, shouldn't Rubber Duck become "Duck" Since it's plush (As raocow pointed out?)
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
raocow

Post by raocow »

i have come to accept that it can be a plush duck named 'Rubber'.

Or, like most people on the internet, he simply uses a pseudonym!
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

rubber is the best pseudonym