(shouting)

A Super Mario Thing Official Resources Pack

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

A Super Mario Thing Official Resources Pack

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

I know that there have been other people that have created things for this project and were going to release them when it was finished, so why not compile all that stuff into one zip archive and release it along with the hack itself? If you have something you wish to be a part of this, post a link to it in this thread. Sprites, graphics (though I would appreciate if our enemy graphics swap weren't released, so as to keep them exclusive to this project), patches, music... anything you wish.

And speaking of release, what do you people say that if raocow is finished with his LP by then, we release this thing at the next C3? That way, we might be able to create a bit of attention for this at SMWC as well.

Also; yes, I am still working on v1.1.

That being said, how about a nice list? I'll start out with the things I am going to release, and then I'll add more stuff as you submit it.

SPRITES:
- Danmaku generator v0.1 (aka Yukari)
- Layer 2 Loop
- Message Box DX
- Display Level Message DX
- Cookies
- Red ball
- Pac-Boo

BLOCKS:

PATCHES:
- Death Counter
- Some of Chibikko's stuff

GRAPHICS:

MUSIC:
- A whole lot of Kil's songs
kilon

Re: A Super Mario Thing Official Resources Pack

Post by kilon »

I vote for releasing it at C3 if raocow can make it(but hopefully he isn't rushing it because of that)
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

People keep talking about C3, wasn't that like a couple months ago? Is he really not going to be able to finish this game in ~10 months?
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

From what I can understand it's once every six months (or at least every spring and fall).
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

If I'm not mistaken, the next C3 will be at the start of May.
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

Very nice idea there! I'm all for Open Source and I'd love to root through some of ASMT's ASM and see how you guys did everything, even if I barely understand anything about it at this point...

I didn't exactly make a lot of stuff for this hack (hurr hurr) but I'd just like to add that unless you guys (especially raocow) don't like the idea of Demo showing up as a playable character in other hacks, I wouldn't be against releasing her GFX files to the public as well.

Don't have a link right now because my version apparently isn't the final one, though.
kilon

Post by kilon »

I don't have much to say in this since I didn't make anything, but I would say leave the more unique graphics out of this (Demo, Goopa etc.) Unless the setting of ASMT2 is completely different having to think of something new for every sprite. Then it isn't that unique anymore and it might be an option.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Oh yeah, I'm not planning on releasing snails or bees just FYI, but if someone really wants to use them you can feel free to ask

Personally, I'd love to have some of the musics from ASMT
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

I made a big boo boss sprite pack which includes the Pac Boo. I even have some of Chibikko's patches that didn't get in the game (He said it was ok for me to include stuff by him.)

Also about the [spoiler[reset door gfx[/spoiler] or any other misc graphics in my levels, if anyone wants to usem PM me. (Of course my level hasn't been seen yet).

I also have Submarine Pop /Skyplane Demo, (raocow edition only), Outlined Demo, and Outlined TDemo by FoD.

I was also planning on probably releasing the disable death along with a new version of Chibikko's karoshi patch and a message modification patch.

Although, the homing bill sprites are japanese sorry if anyone wanted them.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

I ain't releasing anything because i have no right to. (that is, anything japanese)

~sorry.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

They're not even yours to release are they?
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

That's why I'm not releasing some of the songs I have that didn't get in the game. Except for into Kil's OST.

Also YCZ, could you send me the modification you made to my
jellyfish boss
(And the AUS Byrd goomba :3)

Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

Argumentable wrote:They're not even yours to release are they?
herp derp.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

That's what I read when you post anymore, yeah.

No seriously, all your stuff was just Japanese romhacker stuff wasn't it? I mean, I don't recall you creating anything brand new. It isn't meant to be a shot or anything. You shouldn't release stuff that isn't yours anyway!
Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

that's exactly what I'm saying, I'm not releasing anything because I only got permission to use it, not to distribute it.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Oh ok maybe I misunderstood the post at first. I took it as a kind of snobby "Psh I don't have to release anything fuck you"
Kil

Post by Kil »

The only thing of mine that works anywhere is the red ball guy, so I can submit that and the musicblocks.
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

chdata wrote:Also YCZ, could you send me the modification you made to my
jellyfish boss
[insert question mark here]

Kil: What about all the music you created for this project? Or would you rather not release those?
Kil

Post by Kil »

That too, but since they're not looped a whole lot except for a couple of songs I don't know if someone on smwc is going to complain about the sizes. Comparing it to random songs on there, a lot of them are under 1000 bytes decimal, and most of my txts are around 3000 bytes.
Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

In my opinion kil, you shouldn't release the song that was used for King Charles' castle, we should have at least 1 song used in a level that's unique to this game.
Kil

Post by Kil »

unfortunately I released that even before we were using it. If I had known we would be using it at all I wouldn't have
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Well, we aren't going to submit the resource compilation directly to SMWC anyway (I'll just put it in My Files or something; people can submit the individual files to the appropriate sections if they want to), so songs being unlooped shouldn't be that much of a problem.
Kil

Post by Kil »

Well since we don't have to worry about the state of the txts I just dumped everything I could find of mine into here.

Except for that one song which I guess will be ASMT exclusive.

fixed
Attachments
ASMT-Music-Kil-Final.zip
(45.92 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Last edited by Kil 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

uses sample bank ItoKenKil.bnk

hmm?

Also YCZ, you made the jellfish freeze midair between the two boxes instead of rumbling.

yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

chdata wrote:Also YCZ, you made the jellfish freeze midair between the two boxes instead of rumbling.
[insert more question marks here]

I honestly can't remember changing anything about that boss apart from having it teleport you and setting the appropriate bit for the teleporters instead of ending the level.