(shouting)

Talkhaus Clue

...or in other words: post-whoring
Sillyman

Talkhaus Clue

Post by Sillyman »

Hi there. You might remember me from such forum games as "Talkhaus Mafia Game 1: Vanilla Mafia".

Well, today I'm here to involve you in a mystery story. A classic mystery story.

Let's play Clue.

Also known as Cluedo if you're a Brit or what-have-you.

Rules:

If you wish to play, post in this thread. The first six people to do so will be selected as players and given a random starting position on the edge of this here map, and a random place in the turn order:

Apparently some poor fellow died. One of you killed him. Your goal is to figure out who. And yes, you do win if you correctly accuse yourself. Even though you really should know if you killed a man.

Each player shall be dealt cards corresponding to people, weapons, and places they know not to be involved in the murder. Three cards are not dealt out, indicating the person responsible, the weapon they used, and the place the murder occurred.

You shall take turns in the order determined randomly at the beginning of the game. On each turn I shall roll two six sided dice for you, you shall then move up to that many tiles on the map in any direction you choose, though not through walls. Declare your decision by posting in the thread.

You may move into a room through any doorway, open or closed, and if you do so your movement ends immediately. You may also forgo your entire movement and instead remain in the same room, or go through a secret passage. (As shown on the map, there is a secret passage connecting the Kitchen and the Study, and another connecting the Conservatory and the Lounge.)

After you have moved, if you are in a room, you shall then make a Suggestion as to who might be the murderer, with what weapon, in the room you are currently in. The person you suggest shall then be moved to the room you are in. If the player who moves after you has a card involved in your suggestion, I shall reveal it for them. Otherwise, the question moves to the next player, and so on around the turn order until either someone disproves your suggestion or it comes back to you. You do not reveal cards involved in your own suggestions. Post your suggestion publicly in the thread.

After you have made a Suggestion, you may then make an Accusation of a particular person, with a particular weapon, in a particular room, privately to me. If your Accusation corresponds to the cards not dealt out, it is correct and you win. Otherwise, you lose and can take no further part in this game, though Suggestions involving cards you hold are still answered for you. Either way, once you have decided (and sent any Accusation you wish to make to me), post in the thread to indicate the end of your turn.

If there is only one player remaining in the game due to everybody else making incorrect accusations, that player immediately wins. Once a player has won, all information in the game will be made public.

Players:
limepie20
bowtoyourmaster
O-card
RikunFrances
SayAnything
Don Zanevsky
Last edited by Sillyman 13 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
And now the coast is clear, I just need to deal... with my number one fan.
Riku~n, why do you keep wanting to murder me like this?
I wouldn't mind that smile so much if your skin wasn't made of poison for some reason.
limepie20

Re: Talkhaus Clue

Post by limepie20 »

ill join
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

I'll join, I need to re-learn it though
ImageImage
Sillyman

Post by Sillyman »

Also, feel free to post an image the same size as those tiles to use as your gamepiece. Or I can just assign you the color of your starting space.
I wouldn't mind that smile so much if your skin wasn't made of poison for some reason.
O-Card
what are you doing here
Pronouns: he/el

Post by O-Card »

I have never played clue and I don't get it at all but I will play anyways
talkhaus: the singening
you must sing
MAFIA
yo yo yo play the game
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

ok heres my tile
RikunFrances
Mentally Ill
Pronouns: kunself/you

Post by RikunFrances »

I'll join and just take simple purple.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Last edited by Dan 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Sillyman

Post by Sillyman »

Registration is now closed. Please wait while I generate an initial gamestate.
Sillyman

Post by Sillyman »

OH NO IVIORGOTH'S ACCOUNT IS DEAD!

The six of you claim to have done it... but only one of you will get THE PRIZE. Oh, and another PRIZE for whoever provides proof of who it was.
disclaimer: prize may not actually exist

The turn order is as follows:
  1. Don Zanevsky
  2. RikunFrances
  3. bowtoyourmaster
  4. limepie20
  5. SayAnything
  6. O-card
Also we found these six potentially deadly items around near the corpse:
  • Dagger
  • Candlestick
  • Revolver
  • Rope
  • Lead Pipe
  • Spanner
The corpse appears to have been moved, but we know the killing took place somewhere in this forums-mansion. And not in a hallway, either.

Dice roll: (3+6)=9

Don Zanevsky, it's your move.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Last edited by Dan 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Sillyman

Post by Sillyman »

Cool uh can we get a replacement please?
Sillyman

Post by Sillyman »

Okay that's quite enough waiting. Don Zanevsky did not do it, and was holding onto a card that said he did not do it, as well as one other card that shall be given to O-card. He is now eliminated from the game and there are now five players. Suggestions or Accusations involving Don Zanevsky will no longer be legal.

The roll of 9 shall stand.
It is now RikunFrances's turn.

RikunFrances, you may move up to nine spaces from your starting position. You may move into the study and make a suggestion involving the study if you so desire. You may also move toward some other room and stop in the middle of the hallway, taking no other actions.
RikunFrances
Mentally Ill

Post by RikunFrances »

I chose to go to the study.

I say that limepie20 did it in the study with the lead pipe.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

wait the person to the left shows their card to rikun now right? idr how to play.
RikunFrances
Mentally Ill

Post by RikunFrances »

After receiving info I choose not to accuse, it is BTYM's turn now.
Sillyman

Post by Sillyman »

limepie20 goes to the study to answer RikunFrances's suggestion that he might POSSIBLY be involved in KILLING A MAN.

bowtoyourmaster disproves RikunFrances's suggestion by showing her... some evidence. Privately.

get your mind out of the gutter

She decides against making an Accusation at this time, since there is not enough information.

bowtoyourmaster's turn has begun.
The dice roll... (2+3)=5.

He walks down the hallway a bit, not able to reach a room or even a branch in the halls.

limepie20's turn has begun.
The dice roll... (3+6)=9.

Limepie20, you are in the study. With your roll, you may remain there, walk to the Library or Hall, take the "secret" passage to the Kitchen, or stop somewhere in the hallways in the hope of reaching a different room.

BTYM

Post by BTYM »

What happened to my turn
ImageImage
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

there was no possible way you could've made any progress one way over the other so you were moved automatically in the interest of speeding up the game
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

library rikun candestick

Also, we should be able to know how many cards each player has. You would know irl.
(Unless we do and i just missed it).
Sillyman

Post by Sillyman »

RikunFrances gets up and walks over to the library with you. You two sure do keep summoning each other. ;)

SayAnything goes and disproves your suggestion. Drat, foiled again. :roll:

(also you implied in chat that you did not want to make an accusation)

SayAnything's turn has begun.
The dice roll... (6+6)=12.

With that roll, you can visit the Ballroom or stand around in the halls remaining perfectly motionless on some floor tile somewhere.

Sillyman

Post by Sillyman »

You summon O-card, who then proceeds to disprove your suggestion himself.

Would you like an accusation with that?